Party VS Clan...

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm thinking that source should have two columns...instead of just party...

it should have "Party" which goes away after you disconnect....(more 'splained later)

and it should also have "Clan" or "Guild" which stays there continually until you get rid of it or get booted by the leader (flag in the character file, is_clan_leader 1/0)

Party

Party members should not be able to attack eachother no matter what. Party members should *slightly* share exp (but only to a max ammount per level of character). Party members should see the general condition of thier party members above thier heads in text (ala PVK2, only without aiming at them).

Party members should SHARE all gold obtained from monsters or chests.

Clan

There should be a crest which uses a system similar to the custom spray, but instead it pulls the image from a file on the clan which is stored on the central server (or normal server) with what skin the crest should use and some other things like thier ranking and whatnot in the clan.

Clanmates should not be able to attack eachother, only duels.

Clanmates should SHARE all gold obtained from monsters and chests.

anything to add, anybody?

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't know about the shared exp and gold in partying. What if a lvl30 decided to help a lvl5 and go hunting in map like ms_snow. The lvl5 can sit aside and let the lvl30 do all the work and looting. while the lvl5 isn't getting to much exp (or none at all) he's still getting half (or some) of the gold the lvl30 picks up. while afk, who knows how much he'll end up with. I say there should be a limit of who you can party with (Like a lvl5 can only party with people who are between lvls 3-7). If not, a menu deciding if the party would like to share the gold they pick up.

but I love the clan idea D:

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Most MMO's I've played have a level cap (ie a lvl 2 can't get any benefits from partying with a lvl 15), that could be applied here.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Exp sharing could be done the BrainBread way. The more people (in this case, the more people in your party) that you have in close proximity, the higher the exp multiplier. In BB it's Exp * People, but I think we would have to tone it down for MS

RayonMazter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
This formula below is extremely simple, but has not been brought up.

Code:
Xp = <monsters xp>
TotalLevel = All Party members levels totaled up.
Xp = Xp * (1.2 * PartyCount) //being a 20% bonus per member

Each player xp gain = xp * (Players_Level / TotalLevel) //gains dependant on level

Incase your wondering what that is....
It gives the players experience dependant on their level, and gives a minor experience bonus per person (20%).

ex:
Code:
100xp from Giant Gorilla
2 players in party, Player1 = level 10, and Player2 = level 20.
Xp = 100 * (1.2 * 2) = 140 xp

Player1 recieves 47xp
Player2 recieves 93xp.

Don't bother to say 'people can still leach', because this gradeschool formula can work on how much damage is dealt to a creature as well. In fact, isn't that what MS already uses? After death it gives skill to those who attacked the npc depending on damage, maybe im wrong.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
exp for damage, party members able to see general condition or a health/mana percentage

tho i do vote for shared exp if there is a possibility for characters to be pure mage/healer/warrior types

as for the clan/guild stuff... just the title showing the name of the person's guild is enough.

haha... you know what i just remembered?
the thing where in 1.4 all the guilds were supposed to build up funds to BUY their crests... anyone remember that? what happened to that haha

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The party system could work by simply giving bonus experience for being in a party & nearby each other...
EDIT: The above was said to restate what was already stated in in this thread

As to sharing XP, you could make it lean on giving higher levels more experience than lower levels... since they need it more... that way the low level person would have a minimal benefit if there was anything more than a ten level difference between the high & low level party members.