Pending Title System

Skillasaur

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
paradox/oxymoron, as in demons and gods are opposites, with gods generally representing the forces of order and demons representing chaos, often with equal power.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
paradox/oxymoron, as in demons and gods are opposites, with gods generally representing the forces of order and demons representing chaos, often with equal power.
What planet did you grow up on where mythology worked like that? ;)

Gods can be plenty chaotic, there are lots of gods of chaos - many of which are worshiped (/feared) today. (I mean, there's what, nearly a billion Hindu's? They have a fun mythology, with plenty of demonic gods of chaos.)

Demon, I suppose, in contemporary Christian culture, suggests a fall from divinity of some sort, or a creation of said. Demon god would suggest a fallen divinity that rose to godhood - in Christian terms, something like Satan toppling God from his throne and sitting upon it. (Not something Satan would do, technically, but the definition is sound.) Technically, I suppose, most of your underworld and trickster gods are demon gods: Pluto, Set, Loki, Hel, etc. etc.

So, no, "demon god" is not oxymoronic… Although if you omit the oxy, ye may have something regarding the whole title idea. ;)

Skillasaur

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
The vast majority of gods are for the force of order, but not nessicarily good. There's only a few gods I can think of off-hand who have a significant leaning towards chaos. Demons on the other hand are almost exclusively for the force of chaos.

Many gods of the underworld or next life actually act in a strict order, despite various theology which suggests they wish the order was reversed..

It really depends what religion/mythology you relate it to whether it's a paradox I guess.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I can name a few thousand gods of chaos, given enough time, but I'm strange. Just about any polytheistic religion you can name has one or more (and technically, so does Christianity). They used to be, more or less, main stream, back when gods were more elemental, and man was considered subject to their chaotic whims. The only order they tended to desire was obedience and worship - but with the trickster gods (of which there are millions) as well as many of the nature gods, even that wasn't really a requirement - although a lack of respect would still tend to get you trampled on. Needless to say, this is all true with demons as well. The whole idea that gods in general would be benign in nature was definitely in the minority until a few thousand years ago. ;)

Skillasaur

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I can name a few thousand gods of chaos, given enough time, but I'm strange. Just about any polytheistic religion you can name has one or more (and technically, so does Christianity). They used to be, more or less, main stream, back when gods were more elemental, and man was considered subject to their chaotic whims. The only order they tended to desire was obedience and worship - but with the trickster gods (of which there are millions) as well as many of the nature gods, even that wasn't really a requirement - although a lack of respect would still tend to get you trampled on. Needless to say, this is all true with demons as well. The whole idea that gods in general would be benign in nature was definitely in the minority until a few thousand years ago. ;)
*shrug* maybe my mythology just doesn't go back far enough then.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Skillasaur said:
Thothie said:
...Are you serious? Mythology pre-dates pretty much all of the modern-day monotheistic religions.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...Are you serious? Mythology pre-dates pretty much all of the modern-day monotheistic religions.
Anything religious is another religion's mythology, modern or not, monotheistic or not. Although some religions are brave enough to refer to their own stories as mythology.

I think to go back before the existence of mythology, you have to go back before the existence of man. ;)... maybe a little further still - even Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals carved little statuettes of what appear to be various gods. And judging by certain cave paintings, they probably weren’t all nice orderly gods either. (Although pre-agricultural gods seem to be almost exclusively female, so maybe they were just horny.)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
(Although pre-agricultural gods seem to be almost exclusively female, so maybe they were just horny.)

Maybe... If they were into big-assed, pregnant women.

While on the subject of Cro-Magnon people, why would almost all cave drawings of people have hard-ons? Was hunting/battle that exciting?

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Demons are more Greek than Christian. After all, they had the Minotaur and all that mojumbo.

• Celestial Marksman (Archery>30,hp>600)
- Increased divination spell power
- Unable to use elemental spells
- Scroll of Orion's Presence - summons an archer made out of stars which wields an orion bow
- Double Orion Bow damage
- Other req: Donation of a Keep artifact (that isn't the orion bow)

• Crusader of Torkalath (Swords>20,hp>700)
- +1% Hit chance
- +10% run speed
- Unable to use Divination Spells bar rejuvination (weakened)
- Torkalath's Wrath: acts like a demon blood potion at the cost of 10% of your health and half your maximum MP
- Other req: Donation of a Dark Sword

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Tent, those are awesome suggestions for new titles. :oldshock:
I wonder... since you made them look so nice (whilst offering negatives to balance them), could you come up with a balanced concept class for player teleporting? :D

EDIT:
I just think it'd be cool if we could teleport around like certain bosses do. Something like SC > 30 --- Mana 400+... just something along those lines, for requirements.... but the bonus being a rapid, short distance teleporter. ^^

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
At SC 30+ go ahead and toss in a teleport anywhere on the map. Seeing as nobody has a chance of getting SC like that :roll: .

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
-yojimbo (sword>35, hp>800)

-weapons speed reduced by 70%
-spells damage reduced by 50%
-sword's damage increased by 100%
-parry on swords increases by 30%
-swords can damage 2 monsters at the same time

other req: kill 150 monsters with a katana

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
-Battle archer of Swordmanship/Axe battling.. ect (25 Archery, 20 or 25 on the weapon you pick and 600 or 700HP)

-Can only use Bows/Crossbows and the weapon you pick.
-Bow/crossbow damage increased by X %
-The weapon you picked dmg increased by X % or doesn't get a damage increase.
-Parry % decreased or removed.
-Sacrifices magical abbilites for increased attack or move speed.
-Can't weild shields
-Arrows aren't affected by gravity
-Donation of (weapon you picked) and a bow and crossbow. (wich ones is up to Thothie, would he ever add this title)

This is, IMO, a good title - wich sacrifices some stuff for increased power in others.

I just felt the other Archery titles were too limited.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
At SC 30+ go ahead and toss in a teleport anywhere on the map. Seeing as nobody has a chance of getting SC like that :roll: .

If, by some strange miracle, SC could be fixed to level up without calculating the set-in-stone skills of summoning, etc... then that would be a great boost to making 30SC realistic (within the next year). Or just give attack spells for those other categories, basic ones, so they can be given XP to catch up with the other stuff. ^^

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Pathos Overlord
Prerequisites- 800+HP, 20SC, 30+in a given weapon class
-Gives a 15% damage increase against others with titles related to other Loreldians.

PvP class ftw?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Evil Overlord
Prerequisites- 550hp, 250mp, 10SC, 20+ in swordsmanship
-Gives you the ability to collect souls of other monsters to increase your own power

Inspired by the video game, Overlord (which rocks). Main power should come from soul collecting, no point if the player is already strong. :p

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I'm going to pile thousands of titles on you :twisted:

• Chronomancer (SC>30,mp>400)
- +15% rejuvination healing
- +10% running speed, with an interesting trail (you're bending time to move faster)
- Incapable of using melee weapons
- -25%
- Planar Shift - teleport anywhere in the map apart from bossrooms, perhaps using a spectator-like interface
-- Costs your maximum MP, 30 sec cooldown
- Mass Planar Shift - teleport anyone within a healing-circle radius in any part of the map along with you
-- 10 minute cooldown, no mana regeneration for 2 minutes
- Blink - Teleport towards target destination.
-- 50mp, can be cast multiple times.
--- No cooldown, refreshes the duration of movement-impairing effects (it would mean that a load of chronomancers could blitz Runegahr otherwise)
- Other req: donation of any resistance-giving item

• Blessed Cleric (Div>35,mp>500)
- +100% healing bonus
- Healing circle mana requirement halved
- Incapable of using melee weapons
- Increased overall health regeneration (an extra 5hp per 10 sec, perhaps)
- Resurrect - Brings target person back from the dead.
-- If a person has just died, that player will be pulled from spawn to your location.
--- Bloody expensive. All of your current MP, half your current health.
- Cannot use Affliction spells
- Other req: donation of a healing circle scroll, a rejuvination tome and 20,000 gold pieces

• Battlemage (SC>20,SS>30)
- +10% to all elemental resistances
- +10% elemental spell damage
- +5% damage reduction
- Unable to use any weapons or shields apart from swords, the Snake Staff and the Lightning Rod
- -5% parry chance
- Unable to use summoning spells
- Absorb Damage - Bless yourself or another player with a shield that absorbs 500 damage before breaking.
-- 3 minute cooldown
--- Lasts 75 sec or until exhausted
- Other req: donation of any very high-level axe (UGA perhaps), blunt weapon (northmaul) or dagger (litch tongue).

• Bloodstone Cleric (Div>30,mp>400)
- Able to see the health of monsters you and other players hit
- Able to constantly see the health of others
- +25% healing bonus
- Healing circle radius increased
- Relinquish - Removes movement-impairing effects from target player
-- Costs half of your maximum MP, 25 sec cooldown
- Reverse Damage - Reflect the next 200 damage that would be dealt to target player
-- Lasts 75 seconds or until exhausted
- Other req: donation of a Bloodstone Ring

• Shapeshifter (SC>25,mp>500)
- Unable to use melee weapons or bows outside of shapeshifts
- -10% damage reduction outside of shapeshifts
- +10% run/walk speed
- Stonemason Form - Transform into a Lesser Stonemason for a period of time
-- Immune to ice effects, -50% fire resistance
--- Health doubled, damage reduction change negated.
---- Lasts until your health is drained. Upon reaching 0 health you will become human/whatever again, and will have 1hp.
----- 50% of your maximum MP
------ Form-specific dual hammers.
- Fragment Form - Split into 5 copies, one of which is controlled by yourself
-- All resistances lowered to 0.
-- Speed increased by 25%
--- Form-specific spell: Summon Fragments - call the remaining fragments to your position
---- All fragments have your maximum HP.
----- Lasts until your health hits 0. Upon 0 hp, all of your fragments will die.
------ Form-specific leaping ability, demon claws (sans the soul-drain; speed attack costs 10hp)
- Bludgeon Form - Transform into a Bludgeon for a period of time.
-- +200hp
--- Damage reduction reduced to 0.
---- Upon hitting 0hp, you die.
----- Form-specific big-ass hammer.
------ Charge ability.
- Other req: Donation of 100,000 gold coins, and a quest.

• Messenger (HP>200)
- +30% run/walk speed
- +10% knife damage
- Stormcatcher - +100% run/walk speed for 10 seconds
-- Half of your maximum MP, no recharge.
- Other req: Donation of a raven mace.

That enough? I can come up with more if you want :roll:

megatracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Tentadrilus said:
• Shapeshifter (SC>25,mp>500)
- Unable to use melee weapons or bows outside of shapeshifts
- -10% damage reduction outside of shapeshifts
- +10% run/walk speed
- Stonemason Form - Transform into a Lesser Stonemason for a period of time
-- Immune to ice effects, -50% fire resistance
--- Health doubled, damage reduction change negated.
---- Lasts until your health is drained. Upon reaching 0 health you will become human/whatever again, and will have 1hp.
----- 50% of your maximum MP
------ Form-specific dual hammers.
- Fragment Form - Split into 5 copies, one of which is controlled by yourself
-- All resistances lowered to 0.
-- Speed increased by 25%
--- Form-specific spell: Summon Fragments - call the remaining fragments to your position
---- All fragments have your maximum HP.
----- Lasts until your health hits 0. Upon 0 hp, all of your fragments will die.
------ Form-specific leaping ability, demon claws (sans the soul-drain; speed attack costs 10hp)
- Bludgeon Form - Transform into a Bludgeon for a period of time.
-- +200hp
--- Damage reduction reduced to 0.
---- Upon hitting 0hp, you die.
----- Form-specific big-ass hammer.
------ Charge ability.
- Other req: Donation of 100,000 gold coins, and a quest.

"And then the holy light shined apon Tentadrilus' post as a strange choir began to sing"

that would be SO KICK ASS

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Uh-oh, Bludgeon Form? Gurluas will blow his load if THAT gets put in. :wink:

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Orochi said:
Uh-oh, Bludgeon Form? Gurluas will blow his load if THAT gets put in. :wink:

He's already spent at just the thought of it.