Lark

Old Skool Apostle
MSC Developer
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Lead MSR Developer
Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry it's been a while since the last update, but I wanted to post a quick video update that shows what's been accomplished so far:

View attachment MSR_Update.mp4
It took me a while to get a good grip on handling the Inventory and UI widgets natively -- months longer than expected. But as stated in the video, almost everything except the UI widget designs and their references are handled natively (in C++).

The next step is to work on attaching items properly to the character mesh via sockets, and then to build a character stats widget that interfaces with equipped items and their abilities (like adding Health to the Player when Used).

Once I get to the point where the code base is in a stable state and ready for net play testing, I'll post the code on GitHub and reach out to recruit asset authors and other coders.

Most of the item assets you see (except the two white weapons from @Age ) are from free assets on the UE4 Marketplace and should be replaced by original content once the project gets moving. All other assets/content/functionality is original or directly from the engine.

Let me know what you think, input is appreciated and criticism is welcome. Thank you!

Viewmodel.png

Last edited:

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Are you already setting up replicated data? Is this multiplayer tested already?