Ranks and Stats

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Let's face it, everyone wants to compare how good their stats are compared to other players. I propose a system that keeps track of players' stats, highest hits, most used weapons, etc. The ranks and stats could be accessed through the main menu (Establish Kingdom, Friends, etc).

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
howbout an actual highscores system, too...kind of like what art of ascention has...it could go by only the central server (personally, i dont think mss should bother with anything other than a central server - since thats what everyone ends up using.)

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Except there's that whole needing to test maps thing. :|

And also, how is what you said different than what I was suggesting, other than the name?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
mine could be accessible through a webpage aswell?

also, for map testing...hm...i guess you could keep the serverside character thing, since its very similar to central server. but i think the clientside should probably be ditched because of security issues and upload times...and no one likes lan...

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You never said that it would be on a website.

As for testing, there could be a checkbox on server startup that turns on/off character UPLOADING. That way, characters stay updated, but you can't upload your weapons/items.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
could be implemented like the tab feature to where you can see players stats (or "quick" stats) while in game rather than a website or other.