[Released] Two handed axe

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hey, been working on something for the past hours and wanted to share it with you guys.

newaxe_flat.jpg

newaxe_temptextures.jpg

The texture isn't final, I always fail at that :p

Bed time, ill try to post some updates when i get back on it :)

Edit: Completed!

http://membres.multimania.fr/eskimobob/Released/battleaxe_rview.mdl is the two handed axe alone, (The textures still arent great, i just can't have the same quality on the hl1 engine sadly....)

http://membres.multimania.fr/eskimobob/Released/v_2haxes.mdlis the working in-game axe, it replaces the normal battle axe, why? because im stuck with that worthless piece of crap to miss my targets all my way up to level 20!! . i'm having trouble finding the model so it shows on the ground when you throw it away, i was kinda expecting battleaxe_world.mdl to be the one but the new way the game handles model is really a pain for someone who wants to add their touch to it.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Re: Two handed axe

J-M v2.5.5 said:
That model looks fascinating O_O
I'd say it's on par with the Felewyn shard model! Wow!
QFT!

EDIT:
By randomly browsing the internet I found this.
If you don't mind my asking, where's this axe concept originally from? It's design is awesome. :p

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

no idea, i usually just type what i want to do and get try to find a descent reference picture from it :p

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Your texture work is awesome. Now if only GoldSrc had some support for Parallax Occlusion mapping. :p

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

I say, that's a one sexy badass axe :!:

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

not atm, my photoshop expired (wanted to redo all the textures on it) and i cant cheat to... ''extend it'' with this one, doh

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score

Did you use pictures of the actual weapon for reference? Because that is a real weapon designed by Kit Rae.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Yeah I did :), did something i should have done a long time ago (decided to buy milshape instead of just reformating my old pc all the time.. for some reason i guess i still felt i didn't need to buy it, meh) looking for a cheap program to replace photoshop and ill be back in business.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Truewarrior said:
Yeah I did :), did something i should have done a long time ago (decided to buy milshape instead of just reformating my old pc all the time.. for some reason i guess i still felt i didn't need to buy it, meh) looking for a cheap program to replace photoshop and ill be back in business.
Well stop teasing us and post a g*d d*mned link to the g*d d*mned model! :evil:

Even if all you have is the axe itself, I think I have enough modeling know-how now to sloppily stick it into the consolidated models myself, if need be.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Just make sure models gets smoother by hitting "refresh textures", theres alot of consolidated model that are unsmoothed.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

had terrible results with GIMP, found something that did an okay job converting 24 bits BMP to 256. So, I will push back the axe project until i ... err... well i'm out of excuse I guess ill just release it!

http://membres.multimania.fr/eskimobob/Released/battleaxe_rview.mdl is the two handed axe alone, (The textures still arent great, i just can't have the same quality on the hl1 engine sadly....)

http://membres.multimania.fr/eskimobob/Released/v_2haxes.mdl is the working in-game axe, it replaces the normal battle axe, why? because im stuck with that worthless piece of crap to miss my targets all my way up to level 20!! :evil:. i'm having trouble finding the model so it shows on the ground when you throw it away, i was kinda expecting battleaxe_world.mdl to be the one but the new way the game handles model is really a pain for someone who wants to add their touch to it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The consolidated 2h great axe viewmodels are in:
msc/models/viewmodels/v_2haxesgreat.mdl

The consolidated world and p_models are in:
msc/modes/weapons/p_weapons1.mdl ... p_weapons2.mdl ... p_weapons3.mdl

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Cool, ill check it out really quick. should be able to upload it in the next 20 minutes

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
He needs the source (the smd) more than the compiled model.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ah, don't send the whole model back at me. Just the SMD's and BMP's will do. QC if you have any custom animations. Otherwise, it'll suffer when I decompile it.