Solo Vs Multi = What ARTI Chest

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
OK i just want to know a few little things? Why are the chances better for one rare to drop for lots of ppl?
For example i do the keep lvl 34 xbow steel blesseds pc canos.....ok i kill everyhting...may take a litle but i might level a little junk here and there too...i get to boss drop a relocate and proceed to try and kill running in circles and hoping not to feed him....Lets just say He is the flamelick guy..OK i run in circles and low and behold i actually beat him...what i did? Yay that was fun and way harder than it looks...and look chest has mana and hp in it...uh wheres the dang arti chest?
Yo Arti Chest come out come out wherever u are.....Wait a second.......(Before finishing this ill also show other scenario)
Me and 5 other guys 30+ level orions ds nova whatever....Same thing but baddies die way to quick i get no exp to level....boss spawns and lo and behold for arguements sake it is Flamelicker guy.....Why do i need to break relocate theres six of us....we run in and whammo maybe 3 minutes max if the high uber weapons miss...and run in and wow arti chest and flamelick.....yay...wait a tick....how come the guy with the ds got it? Oh hes number one with listpoints? Hes 40 level of course hes number one....Wait wasnt he using a flamelick earlier? he was oh hey man since u already...what do u men FO? Ok ok ill go somewhere else and play by myself...At least then i dont get anything but its my fault....(Now to finish The First one)
Wait u mean i have to have help to get something? Wait i at level 34 just kicked bosses butt by myself and yet i cant get anything but if i and 5 other high level uber carrying thugs do it i can get arti chest.....if i get first place? Is there something wrong here? Oh yeah....The work hard to beat the boss to get good junk doesnt work...its the lets gang up and beat the holy diddly out of this boss and take the good junk and tell the others oops i just wanted and extra item....CYA...or FO looser i did all the work and u just tried to kill.....

The Point if u read this all the way is This...
1: If one Person goes in to Lodogond or The keep or wherever arti chests can spawn...And somehow beyond all stupidity kicks its butt...Shouldnt the arti chest pop up with better chances than if and entire group did it?
2: The Reason i ask that is whats harder? 8 level 30+ with uber or even lesser wpns taking on the boss or One Weird dummy like me who thinks maybe i got a chance doing it?
3:people Say that the bosses are too easy or too hard and yet Solo the bosses may be hard as all get out its not rewarding...and in some case wasted effort...and yes Multi Groping may be rewarding if the other ppl are fair, but thats not always the case......
4:I like playing MSC solo and offline would be cool to play except.....i am also a member of a guild and i enjoy playing every once in a while...yet 80% of the time im the only member online or am tired of playing the same maps over and over and want to do a specific thing...
5:So if i accomplish something like taking a major boss down shouldnt i have the same chance at getting a rare as the multi groups?
Oh well who knows maybe theres a reason..maybe im not allowed to solo...then again maybe im just a dumb MSC player who wants the same chances alone as with ppl....

Allentrill

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Because it encourages people to group together and ultimately makes the game more multiplayer friendly.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
For a good long while. The MSC community saw most of the game servers locked with 1 or 2 people in them.

Dudeman418

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Yes, it "encourages" team work. Rather, it just encourages people to fill in a server and have a chance at the rare items(spamming orion mana balls all over the place etc.). :( Even so, I THINK the bosses become harder when there are more people thus making it sense that an artifact chest should spawn with multiple people. I don't know, I like to say I agree that incorporating "teamwork" against a boss is a good thing, but I also have to disagree that having multiple people to spawn an arty chest(all just trying to get damage points) is the "best" thing. :/

I mean it's great when you have people who'll give others a chance to roll(when they receive the item), or give the person in the server whom he/she thinks has worked hard for it. However, when you meet people who couldn't care less; who just hop in, get the highest damage points and then decide who gets what or keep the item for themselves as though they are the "justice", your five hours of farming will mean more or less a big waste of time.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Consider it training for when the revolution comes, all governments fall into anarchy, and you must quibble amongst yourselves who gets to eat the last can of beans in the city. ;)

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Consider it training for when the revolution comes, all governments fall into anarchy, and you must quibble amongst yourselves who gets to eat the last can of beans in the city. ;)

The Revolution is already here!

image.png

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You mean theres actually a can of beans still here?
Dang i thought they were uber rare.... :oldlol:
Allentrill

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Picadilly said:
Thothie said:
The Revolution is already here!

cool site thanks, im #1 btw gwahahaha. according to the site there have been 117 different people in my server in the last week, that pretty much tells you how many people currently play this mod. lolhijacked

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Only because Replica is the coolest ever. o:

vecraude

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I too would like to see atleast SOME maps that players can solo and get a decent arti chest...I mean im pretty lucky that when I soloed wicardoven, that I got the summon undead guardian scroll from an arti, but in the end I gave it to allen anyway cause I didnt need it XD, plus I could always get it again with a little work :3.

But yea, something like if you solo a boss then the percentage is decent but not as much as with a group of 3 people, but dont go so far as to make arti pop up every time, just more frequently when ya solo :3.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Which BTW i have also realized that arti chests dont always spawn but the majority of the time its something worthless....like fireball scrolls...So now im starting to get a feel for it...Also i would also like to point out..even if it is prob a bug...I have noticed on Arti chest that 90% of the time it skips the 2nd person on lispoints...unless the first person skips his choice it will most likely skip 2nd in damage points...is this normal or just me? Everyone i have played with knows it skips me and goes to next person even if i dont open a chest or die at same time...but if im number one i get a choice however i have also notice a mjority of the time that when im third place the first and second guy get a choice and even if they say no they dont want and cancel out i still get no choice...so any advice?
Allentrill

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
allentrill1000 said:
Which BTW i have also realized that arti chests dont always spawn but the majority of the time its something worthless....like fireball scrolls...So now im starting to get a feel for it...Also i would also like to point out..even if it is prob a bug...I have noticed on Arti chest that 90% of the time it skips the 2nd person on lispoints...unless the first person skips his choice it will most likely skip 2nd in damage points...is this normal or just me? Everyone i have played with knows it skips me and goes to next person even if i dont open a chest or die at same time...but if im number one i get a choice however i have also notice a mjority of the time that when im third place the first and second guy get a choice and even if they say no they dont want and cancel out i still get no choice...so any advice?
Allentrill

Known bug about second person arti. I think Thothie is still working on fixing it for the next patch.

Tetsmega1

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I'd really like a fix on the arti skipping, I've lost possible rares on Wicardoven.

Shinitenshi

New Adventurer
Reaction score
how about, I dont know if this has been talked about or not, but moding the game so if the character that has the most XP points already has the item it auto skips his turn onto the next runner up. That way all the high levels don't don't jack the items for the mid levels. It skips the person sometimes but thats just a bug ^^

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Shinitenshi said:
how about, I dont know if this has been talked about or not, but moding the game so if the character that has the most XP points already has the item it auto skips his turn onto the next runner up. That way all the high levels don't don't jack the items for the mid levels. It skips the person sometimes but thats just a bug ^^

Just no - really, that would make me hate artifact chests because I wouln't be able to:

a - get the item for guild members
b - reserve the item for another player in the server who IMO deserves it more
c - get 1 spare for the future title system

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
and it probably has been implemented it skipped letting someone who had aob get it today...so who know?

Allentrill

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It won't offer an item you already have, unless it has no other items to offer you. (ie. If you have everything the artifact chest is offering, it'll offer you a duplicate, but otherwise, it'll offer you whatever you don't have, and move on.)

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ok that explains the 8 orions in total from arti chests today

Allentrill

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I've never liked the "encouragement" for team work because I hate playing online, and it's also why I refuse to play MSC anymore because there are no decent servers to play on. Don't even tell me to go to some random server, because that's a load of crap. And also, don't say the community is helpful, because it isn't.

Will anyone ever make an offline version for MSC? :(

I remember playing with one or two of my friends was actually FUN. But I guess having fun isn't right and instead I must work with 6-8+ people in order to "fully experience the game."

But w/e. I'm outvoted here so I'm not going to be listened to.

If you use LOGIC, LOGIC says that the HARDER something is the BETTER the reward should be. MS:C DISCOURAGES challenges, and instead encourages beating maps in ten seconds to get the same items over and over and over and over.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think it means when we have 6-8 People the maps arent as challenging as it would be with solo...which is almost always better because it encourages you to think....Being with 6-8 people encourages u to hit the guy hitting u and ur friends...
Its also a status symbol...for example:
Allentrill level 40(not yet but soon) Took on Maldora and won solo....How did he do that? He musta cheated...Nah he recorded it and i watched it and he runs around in circles till maldora gets dizzy then wacks him 1000 times....
OK now to be more logical...Wouldnt you like to be able to do any map even if it took hours and beat any boss solo? Or would you rather go in a group and kick boss to kingdom come and then say...he is way to easy? At this point runegahr and maldora are nigh impossible to beat solo....but i reckon if u think and are fast with mouse and keyboard you might be able to do it solo....

Now if thats not challenging what is?

Allentrill

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It's been proven that all bosses right now (exception of Undamael who is currently invinceable) are soloable. Even maldora in uber mode and Rhunegar in his uber mode. If you want a challenge then sure, go solo them. However, I'd be very dissapointed with all the things that need to be tweaked in multiplayer got passed up for the 10 people or so who like to play solo yet still want the uber rewards.

Also, when bosses are too challenging for multiple people, people whine like hell too. Look at Rhunegar at the beginning of march. He was rediculous. Finding the perfect balence isn't easy, especially when you have your main scripter also as your main coder and all around lead.

I think part of the problem right now with bosses is that the challenge is dulled down by the lvl 30 swords that are out right now. If you want a challenge go beat Maldora with a rusty spoon of -8 fail with a 300 hp char. I don't think any boss will truely be challenging until we have the items on par with each other and bosses can account for that. Right now swords and archery (in my opinion, still haven't gotten my hands on a bludeon hammer) are far in the lead for boss fights.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Swords in general are too prominent. If your weapon of choice doesn't work, one of the 6 swords you have in your inventory will, and it'll even be elementally effective. Really, we have 2 ice swords, a massive fire sword, two really strong neutral swords, tork to fall back in in case, and I'll bet there's a lightning sword in the works. Pair that with 2h sword parry, or 1hs shield effectiveness, and the swords abilities, no other catagory has a chance.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The Bludgeon is pretty damned formidable - even without the powerup... Yer right about us having too many swords though. None-the-less there is at least one more sword coming... Then I have a bunch of smallarms waiting to work their way in on the sidelines, but not much in the way of blunts. Someday I'll get the final version of the Steam X-Bow - which hopefully can be consolidated with the current HX-bow, or some such. Don't think I've any axes ready, in the short term.

As for the anti-social folk who can't adapt for multiplayer, I'll let it be known once again: I DON'T WRITE FOR YOU. When I leave the mod, I'll make a single player mode, but not before then. I'm putting placeholders in the scripts so hopefully all it'll be a matter of is switching on a cvar that won't work with FN.