Solo Vs Multi = What ARTI Chest

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You know i agree alot about using rusty spoons...now if the rusted knives and junk actually hit the boss id use em to test my skill after all have u tried killing Maldora(or help kill) with just xbow and no bolts? Or Have u gone up and tried punching him bare handed? Sure theres only 10-20 people who like soloing....yet....ooooh here it comes...
In the past month of March...how many people were playing online at one time? Not talking in forums not non FN but in Fn servers playing game. Now im not saying that there isnt a lot of people im saying that not alot of em are on at one time....Most come on this time or that time or what not...and believe me ive been playing for 12 hours a day average minimum so i can keep track....I have never seen more than 2 full 8 man servers yet....And with 10 servers up some days thats a total of 80 people if 8 man servers....so where are all these people that still play? Oh yeah i know that some people play in morning and some at night...however that leaves people like me who play way too much to be up when very few people are on...So is it so bad to ask for solo stuff? NOPE....Its normal for someone who plays alot to want to play solo...Multiplayer is ok and so on i totally agree yet even then i want to solo once in a while so i dont have to deal with multpile people....Now if I knew how to make my Screenshots work i would screen shot every time i could just so u could see the Many people online playing MSC....But until then at this point in time 10 solo wannabes(me included) are actually a majority...

Allentrill

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Instead of arguing against you, I'm just going to fall back to the one single solitary gun I can fire at anyone who doesn't like the state of the game. That gun would be Thothie.

Thothie said:
As for the anti-social folk who can't adapt for multiplayer, I'll let it be known once again: I DON'T WRITE FOR YOU. When I leave the mod, I'll make a single player mode, but not before then. I'm putting placeholders in the scripts so hopefully all it'll be a matter of is switching on a cvar that won't work with FN.

And hopefully I will never see the singleplayer version until there is some kind of other MS (that being source) as the only reason I'd like to see thoth leave is to go enjoy himself after the hardwork he puts into this mod.

I'm not trying to flame, I'm just following this mans vision of the game he puts way too much time into. Sometimes I do enjoy soloing too, sometimes I'm not in the mood for people. However, I know that this game can be much more enjoyable with even one other person at my side, and that makes me glad that I have that option. I'm honestly sorry that everyone can't be happy, but at the same time I don't care for a man to go out of his way on a sight he doesn't share just to make the supposed majority happy.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Actually, the best xp for me is getting through lodagond, the only soloable stuff I do is N_thornlands, ms_snow, and foutpost. Those give50-400xp a kill, loda stuff gives 100-2000xp. So solo'ing is less efficient, can't get new gear, makes me do 3 jobs at once, and doesn't let me play a support role rather than an active role if I feel lazy or things get too dangerous. The only reasons you'd want to solo are if no one is on when you play, or you just don't play well with others. Neither of those is the devs problem.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
OK heres where I think your thinking is all wrong...(edited because thraxis made a valid point)
1: Now the new artifact system makes getting new stuff moot.
2: We all have our opinions and we have the right to them.
3: It doesnt matter if the game is Solo or Multiplayer, what matters is how long does it take to recode it.
4: If and When MSC becomes too same o same o to play someone will either,
A: Quit and get their friends to quit.
B: Copy the main code and files and make a better version(in their opinion).
C: Or go play one of the other Mods that they can be happier with..
5: I for one would love a singleplayer version of MSC yet i also understand Thothie's thoughts and have no problem with his idea of the world still getting along.
But like i said before also.....We All Have Our Opinions and We Have The Right To Them.

Allentrill

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
[Joke] My opinion says that you shouldn't get an opinion [/joke]

Pretty much the only thing I don't care for in your post is the fact that.

OK heres where your thinking is all wrong...

You can argue all the other stuff you want day and night, however, stating that just plain pisses me off, and more than likely on these forums will start a flame somewhere.

So I could easily just go

1. No, you are wrong
2. No, you are wrong
3. Nope, still wrong.
4. LOLWUT (insert mikkels picture here)
5. Nope, wrong wrong wrong.

If that first line to be any idicator on how you are going to start to argue a point.

However, I will give a decent response and here it is.

1. Besides the flaw in the artifact system that allows lower levels to magically gain items after maybe only getting one damage point. I infact am all for this arti system. There are other flaws too, but less apparently and I'm sure with a little more tweaking the system will come out fine.

2. Yes, we do. Especially over the internet, where you can say anything you want and pretty much be safe behidn a monitor. However, bashing an idea into a persons head enough isn't going to change much. I'd say a majority of the community here who doesn't mind the multiplayer and/or doesn't care for the idea of a single player version have heard the whole argument as to why there apparently should be a single player MS:C version. If anything, thothie could completely be in bounds to play the "ITS ALWAYS BETTER TO RESSURECT A POST THAN TO MAKE A NEW THREAD" card.

3. Well if Thoth's word is to be believed, the variables are already in the coding/scripting right now, however they would have to be enabled, tested vigorously, and then finally released at a later date. This takes time away from development of the multiplayer version, and once again he has simply stated that when he leaves he will release a Single player version. If you don't like multi player for now, you can always go dormant and lurk while waiting for thothie to eventually leave.

4 (B). If people could supply enough patience, they will eventually get a single player version. It's just a matter of time. Granted i'm sure the impatience by now has grated on thoth at least a little and shifted that time up. So keep it up! You might just drive the foul creature that thothie is away! How dare he not justify the masses in releasing single player MS:C! :roll:

5. (Since I'm tired/lazy) [Insert random LOLWU image here]

Good day sir.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok first i edited the first line because i am sorry my wording was wrong....
Second I state again....i dont need reasons anyone does something...i stated my opinion and nothing more....I and about 12 others have come up with many facts and opinions and these were just a few of them.....I do not care if my opinion is flamed, hence no arguments when people dont understand what i say....I state my opinions on this game so the others who dont want to get flamed can read my posts and go...yup i agree...and those that dont can go nope i dont agree or flame me....This whole thread started Because i was curious about why Solo's dont get arti chests as much as multiplayer....It was answered to a great extent by people who knew enough to not insult me and i was very happy...I stated earlier that the new arti system makes the point moot because now everyone and not just the highest point people get a chance to get that ultra rare that most ninja out of the chests...

But again i agree that what i said the first time was wrong and i formally apologize for my careless wording....I meant to say it was what i thought was wrong with the idea....I want saying it was 100% wrong but the wording was wrong and i am truly sorry....So i edited it to show that i may be (supposedly angry at msc) someone with strong opinions of MSC yet i am not trying to start arguments i am just used to saying things a certain way...

Oh and last but not least....number 5 was a play on words......multiplayer means multiple people striving to play at one time together...so Getting along means i think its fine yet its funny also...

Also to Thothie, so you can hear it from my fingers first.....
MSC is really good and enjoyable, although i do like the idea of a singleplayer version i do not have a single problem with playing the mod as is....Yes there are slight bugs and there are things i could wish for improvements or de-improvements on yet also i am glad that You still do updates even with me cause you so many problems(exageration..;) ).Keep it up and keep on trucking.......

Allentrill

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
tehrilez said:
...I remember playing with one or two of my friends was actually FUN. But I guess having fun isn't right and instead I must work with 6-8+ people in order to "fully experience the game."...

He has a point. The game shouldn't require 6+ people for any part of it. However, I don't think it does. It's just good to keep in mind that you should have a good drop chance for an item with 4 people (and a chance of beating the bosses if you have the equipment leading up to it). Thothie's open for suggestions for the boss system, which is the big thing, so if you have any ideas post them there.

Also, I think that 3-6 players is ideal. You can usually get a game with 2 other people (or have two friends) so you should be able to play it with that many. Forcing a need for more won't help get more people into the game because they generally join alone or with a friend. If you have more than 6 people on a map it's just an attack spam on everything and it isn't fun. You also have to keep in mind that finding 6+ people with similar equipment is pretty hard for anything except the newest map runs (see why farming is so prevalent). Basically the game just needs to be tweaked so it doesn't force you to gather up all the best players and farm. If you have more people playing on a range of maps at any given time that will help the game grow, in my opinion, because it leaves room for new players to get in at different stages.

Thothie said:
As for the anti-social folk who can't adapt for multiplayer, I'll let it be known once again: I DON'T WRITE FOR YOU.

A valid point. I think that every item should have SOME drop chance for one player on the server, even if it's 0.01, because that leaves it open for someone to enjoy all the content. However, the game should be played with 3+ people and I think that's how you should keep it. It's really much more fun to play with other people but I don't want to be forced to try and gather 8 people to play a game all the time. With all the new maps it's not even gathering that many for the newest map but for all of the mid-very high level maps. That kind of limits new players because a huge player base isn't going to appear out of nowhere.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
As for the anti-social folk who can't adapt for multiplayer, I'll let it be known once again: I DON'T WRITE FOR YOU. When I leave the mod, I'll make a single player mode, but not before then. I'm putting placeholders in the scripts so hopefully all it'll be a matter of is switching on a cvar that won't work with FN.

How is not wanting to play in a public server anti social? I said it would be nice to be able to fully enjoy the game with just a couple of friends, not that I want to play offline all alone. But I don't think rewards should be based on number of players, but more of the bosses difficulty (IE : Hard boss, good artifact chest. Easier the boss, the worse the chest.)

If you want to get people to play online, there is easier ways to do it. My friends have given up on MS:C because we used to host closed listen servers (2-4 people in at a time) but when level rewards and player count rewards came in they stopped upgrading and then just ended up not playing, which really sucked.