Upgrading car audio system

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm driving a 99 Ford Ranger (regular cab), and right now I'm in the process of upgrading from factory issue.
Already grabbed some decent Pioneer fourways for the doors, easy install. I've opted against baffles for that set, because the way the door is constructed; the placement of the speaker plus holes in the door's frame creates a vented effect, thus eliminating the need for a baffle in that regard. Moreover Ford is f*cking retarded and doesn't use what I consider mainstream speaker sizes; but no matter, there's a bracket for those when my truck craps out.
My next pair of speakers are for behind the seats. Ford put in speaker grilles behind the bench seat, but no speakers or wiring :roll:. I grabbed some Kenwood 6x9's...Problem is, once again, Ford is f*cking retarded and uses 6x8's...But once again, there's a bracket just for this, though it took me a bit of time to find, and I'm still awaiting some answers from the seller on those.Wiring those will be fun, as I had made my plan of attack before even starting the upgrade. I think I will get a baffle for these, because I am going to have to put spacers in, since the factory port is very shallow(I have to keep the speaker 2" away from the frame to avoid magnetism, but that won't be as much an issue when it's held in place by the bracket/screws).
My final step is a new receiver (I am not getting subs, cause its a small cab truck, and I don't think I can fit a sub and an amp under the seat, or behind it. Not even considering making an enclosure in the bed, cause I want to KEEP the sub, thxu(I've a bed cover, but it's easily[and has been] broken into).
And I needs teh suggestions. I'm looking for something decent, no fancy LCD screens to distract me; up to $250, as I'm not made of money. One option I have heard of is Speed Controlled Volume, which would be great since I am tired of being my own Speed Controlled Volume; however, I have also heard that said option is total crap, and perhaps not even available anymore, so whatever.

Now, hurry up and give me suggestions, before my dad ninjainstalls my 6x9's before I do(Wait, never mind, I don't have the bracket yet 8))