You Decide!

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
From all of the suggestions discussed in this category, what ones should definently be in? Also, if you wish to make your own sure thing, maybe and nope list, then please provide reasoning to why you put ideas in your nope section.

Sure things:
Random system
New Character Customization
Dynamic Player Model (hand in hand with Character Customization)
Sized Chests and Monster Pick-ups
Enchantment
Bonus' for Brawn/Brains
Remastered Camera
Mastering Skills
Stamina Put to Good Use
Playable Races
Good/Evil System
Community Mod
Party Vs. Clan
Percentages With Bars
Shop Keeper's Weighing system

Maybe list:
Territory system
Trade-in System
Repair System
Death From Above! (originally Arrows and Damage)
Stats
Item Rarity
Parry and Dodging
Weapon Clash!
Weather Effecting Spells

Nope:
New Style
Player Attacks
Char Reset Solution

New Style - Personal taste really, I want this mod to be very realistic. None of that happy-go-lucky crap for me.

Player Attacks - There should definitly be some sort of PvP and GvG system, but I dont believe this is the way.

Char Reset Solution - We should definitly think this one over. Not the way to handle it (if there even will be a "corruption" in char files).

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I have a solution to the weight dillema...

When you attempt to pick up an item off the ground, it'd just to the normal "you can't pick it up!" thing...but in a shop, have your weight meter at the bottom of the shop window, and when you mouse over an item, it shows you what your weight would be with it (possibly a different color for what was added).

could work for MSC, aswell - but would require a client.dll change (so it wont happen for awhile)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
thats a fantastic idea. edit your first post with that idea and Ill take the idea from nope to sure thing

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You should move "Weather Effecting Spells" to "Nope" since no one liked it and I gave up on it :|

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
my post has been edited, and weather effecting spells wouldn't be a bad thing...but probably one of them low priority things.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ok switched weight idea and put weather and spells into maybe because its very sensible

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
uuhhh, a few questions though...

for one, why are you against "Anti char reset measures" - they'd stop any need for character resets in source...

secondly, that 'new style'...

for one, i'll get stabby if i see cell shading and catgirls with 300lb living swords. but i think it wouldn't be too bad to make places like edana and thornlands look a bit less menacing than places like calruin. for example, we could have those areas have a master-swordified, toned-down kind of "Return to Mana" look. but the more scary areas would be near photo-realistic, with plenty of gore all around (similar to dark messiah).

the shift between would have to be fairly gradual, so that the player doesn't instantly recognize that HEY, i was just in sunshine land and now i'm gonna die!

(the main purpose of the stylization is that it takes much less time to make the textures and props for stlized areas than photorealistic areas)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yes we should take steps towards anti char resets. but i think there is a better way, we just havent thought of it. you can see in MiB's post that he posted drawbacks with his idea.

the new style thing, like i said, is personal taste

my list stands