Alpha Tests Thread

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The Stormpharaoh's lance's lightning strike ability does not give exp.

EDIT: Nor does its lightning block ability.
Nor its cold DoT.

Nor the ice spear's DoT.

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Shadowfire and Demon BH's fireblast does not do damage on uneven ground, it only affects a small area where you hit.

You can do Shadowfire and Unholy's right click abilities while sitting if you start them before you sit.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tie Interceptor said:
Shadowfire and Demon BH's fireblast does not do damage on uneven ground, it only affects a small area where you hit.
I'll adjust the scan origin up 32 units and see if that fixes it.

Tie Interceptor said:
You can do Shadowfire and Unholy's right click abilities while sitting if you start them before you sit.
Tempted not to fix this, but did anyways.

Keldorn said:
EDIT: Nor does its lightning block ability.
Nor its cold DoT.
Can't duplicate the XP issues, but, needless to say, it's not supposed to do cold DOT - fixed. :oops:

Keldorn said:
Alchemist's door makes a locked door sound even when you can open it.
Think that's just an unavoidable Half-Life thang for that type of locked door.

SilentDeath said:
The forge requirements for the Skull scythe do not match the dialogue the blacksmith gives. I'll pm full details.
Fixed.

J-M v2.5.5 said:
[kill all n00bs]
I've stuck on a requirement that you must be in the top 75% for damage points and play time to qualify for an artifact chest, and added a function for some other types of chests to have that restriction for specific items. Needs more testing though... I've also moved the damage points to a new array-based system, that likewise, needs testing. So far, seems to restore points on reconnect proper, without giving them to your other characters, should you switch.

This does mean, however, even with legitimate play, if you don't make the top 75%, you don't qualify for artifact rewards.

Got the Fire Brand pot done - which was less problematic than I thought it'd be - so that means the elementalist Titles shouldn't be an issue.

Potion of Bravery also done.

Parry system applied.

Think I want to get a few more pots in for testing, then do one more alpha test for all this stuff. Also need to address an element registration exploit J-M pointed out, but the only way I can think to do so, is going to be kind of a pain. :\

FER is having some strange fatal issues that bother me though... Need to figure whaddup with his install.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The new martial arts weapons can be stored in galat chests, despite being spell-like items.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Now see, that's a good alpha tester, one that thinks up sh*t we've not even thought of trying. ;)

Meh, while I'm there I'll see about expanding the quest bank's capacity as well.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yet another alpha package be up - check yer inboxes. It'll *probably* be the last one.

FER is reporting that Lack of Additive bug Keldorn mentioned, and is getting it on the Hoarfrost as well (and I suspect, any and all equipment - if not all additive render objects in the world as well). As demonstrated, I canna duplicate this, but I'm wondering if it is a bloom + Win7/Vista Quazi-OpenGL issue. I've not checked that particular issue on another OS yet.

Thankfully he managed to fix his fatal issue though - seems to have been an install error of some sort... Again, hoping to have a new full installer with this release as well.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Did you happened you recompile the viewmodels by some chance?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, but they are the same ones my client is using there... Copied from my client, actually.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Non-Issues said:
• Some critters glow on siege maps (this is normal, side effect of dev mode - those that glow have dedicated themselves to siege targets)
:D

At least I see that additive render on monsters works... Wonder why it's not working for weapons/p_models.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Whoops, forgot about that.

Anyway, the new potions seem to work fine, but the fire brand pot seems to override all fire DoTs with its own.

Good for Dragon Axe, bad for volcano (well actually it just does normal damage).

Also, the Alchemist seems to kick you out of the buy screen a lot when there is more than one player in the room.

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
not sure if this is a bug or not but parry still affects titles. With 2 U shields equipped I become a level 121 Fencer.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Knew I was forgetting something... Axing the old title system was on the list of sh*t to do.

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Forging Demon Bludgeon hammer items used does not match description. PM further details.

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
We did some multiplayer tests today with 4-5 people. Did Lodagond twice arti chest failed all rolls on loda 4 both times but lowest did get failed to qualify notice. Arti chest did spawn once on loda 1 and lowest got failed to qualify notice. Ran cleicert 3 times arti chest failed all rolls all 3 times(checked chat logs) but did get fail to qualify notice on lowest. Some normal chests were empty or did not have the usual contents, like cleicert normal chest one was empty and the other had elec ring, gta and thunder axe without the usual pots and gold.

Also while running loda we noticed that some of the triggers seemed to be firing early specifically in loda 3 the path before the secret chest area opened after only 1 Greater minion was killed. And on loda 1 Runegahr was freed after 1 or 2 of the mages was killed (tested 3 times).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh *now* someone tells me the artifacts are fuxed... Greeeat... Shall examine...

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
This might be a result of this:

Thothie said:
I've stuck on a requirement that you must be in the top 75% for damage points and play time to qualify for an artifact chest, and added a function for some other types of chests to have that restriction for specific items. Needs more testing though... I've also moved the damage points to a new array-based system, that likewise, needs testing. So far, seems to restore points on reconnect proper, without giving them to your other characters, should you switch.

This does mean, however, even with legitimate play, if you don't make the top 75%, you don't qualify for artifact rewards.

Not only does this change to the artifact chest apparently mess things up, if what SilentDeath says is true, it's also completely unnecessary.
When I mentioned that high-level players who already have hoarfrost shards / bludgeon hammers / thornbows don't get them from artifact chests, but that they are handed to noobs instead, I didn't expect you to... destroy the artifact chest system like this.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Careful what you ask for. ;)

Yes, it is certainly that... Put out the changes several days ago though, and thought we woulda hit a snag before now.

The chests in question don't check if the player already has the item. But it looks as though the old min time/dmg requirements weren't working right. Put in new ones (as described), but apparently they aren't working right either, just in the opposite fashion.

@ SilentDeath - could you send me the related chatlogs?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Dblpost... @Silentdeath - also, were the damage points reporting right? (Maybe I can axe the time req - one less thing to break, plus there's no non-dev way to check it.)

PS. If you slay_all your way to the end, ye ain't gonna get dick cuz you've got no damage points - plus you might not make the min time requisite... You can use ". blamb 1024 9999" if you wanna tear through in a hurry with damage points though (you'll wanna bind that). All the XP will go to Archery, but that shouldn't be an issue here.

"lplayers scriptvar PL_TIME" to get players' time on.

PPS. Don't spawn the lodagond4 chest with the developer mode on. (Ouch!) ><

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
1 loda 4 run and 2 cleicert runs were run by using no dev commands, and I'm sure dev mode was off as you can see everything you do in the event log while it is on and we checked to see if we could spawn items(as dev mode on was my first thought). I made sure we had enough points even on the one loda run I slayed through most of, we stopped at a part and fought for a little bit and did the Maldora fight the normal way.

I didn't notice anything wrong with damage points.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1daipy1ue11ep2e link to chatlog

I didn't get this tested earlier as there was not enough players before to really test artifact chests, it was a lot of work getting enough players together this time.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'd imagine, though I thought Keldorn was on the MP case too.

My own quazi-multiplayer tests are coming up clean here, ATM (ie. rig three machines + local HLDS, and log on)... Although I removed the time requirement... Damage points seem to be restoring proper still... Running into a new bugger with the skeleton resurrection though - one I think I'm going to need MiB's help on.

From your chat logs it looks as though it was not finding any qualifying players on yer server, but it wasn't returning the reason for their removal - which it *should* if it's a time requisite they fail (and seems to have been doing so proper, when it was a dmgpoint requisite they failed).

Was testing with Lodagond4 chest though (after some editing due to debug spam crashes). I'll have to go back and test with Cleicert too.

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I think keldorn is home for the holidays or something he told me he has a bad connection.

Now that you mention it we did a keep run and the skellys there did not get back up, also the arti chest spawned on that run.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
My connection at home is pretty unreliable, at times the best ping I can get is 300-400, with 700-800 being the average.

Late at night I can usually get 20-30 ping, but most of the time that's when nobody's on.

On the skeletons:

Do you mean the bug where the skeletons just lie there, only attacking players that go near it?

There also seems to be a bug where someone can get virtually infinite exp from a single monster if it is set to be slain by a trigger, but its death is prevented by spawn invulnerability; the monster will not be able to truly die, and will give exp every time it takes damage while at ~0 hp.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Keldorn said:
Do you mean the bug where the skeletons just lie there, only attacking players that go near it?
Yes, that woulda been good to know. ^_^ Only happens in MP apparently.

We really need to fix this game_death going off for once for every client on the server thing - I tried to add something to the skeles to compensate, but it apparently ain't working and it's bound to cause issues elsewhere. Need code side fix. :/ (edit: NVM, think I h4xed that out.)

Keldorn said:
There also seems to be a bug where someone can get virtually infinite exp from a single monster if it is set to be slain by a trigger, but its death is prevented by spawn invulnerability; the monster will not be able to truly die, and will give exp every time it takes damage while at ~0 hp.
Gah... I'll add a flag to only block damage from players (direct or indirect) during that brief moment of invulnerability.

edit: That seems to work, although they still "gib" - or at least fail to play their death anims. Monsterspawn death counter seems to work, and they fade though, but I've yet to test it MP on a DS.

Waiting to hear back from MiB on tracking down that infinite XP bug and nipping it in the bud for good, but I think I'm going to put out another alpha pack before then, given how little time is remaining, and how much christmas gift wrapping I have to do.