dieing

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
so, what you're saying is....48 hours of play lost > all the rest of the time you've played....because you could get the SC back in 2 days or so...or, you could ask if theres a more recent backup :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You played for 48 hours straight? I take back what I said about your perseverance. I'm thinkin' the most I could put in is 3 hours a day. (which I'd do, if I wasn't blowing all my freetime writing scripts)

You lost, at maximum, 5 days of XP - the oldest backups are that old. If you played for 48 hours in 5 days - that's more hours than a full time job. So, again, I take back what I said about your perseverance.

I've also seen no character restore request from you in the [FN] section. So maybe I can take back my take back. ;)

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
if the character can be restored why wasnt it as soon as fn got back up?

edit- meh wont matter, im vac banned on my hl1 acc from the damned bloom mod since abit back and most servers that get lowping and ppl on em are vac secured

OMFG IM SO TEMpted to restart...!! (reads changelog) MAGIc...likey...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It was restored, to the same state it was in when FN went down. You never requested a roll back.

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
FreshMeat said:
this mod seems to be losing players
how are we gonna repopulate it ??

Not really, were all trying our best to bring it up, I saw about 10 severs the most once, As well did J-M ... Anyhow, at least i know a few individuals are mapping and modeling for more intrest ;)... Lots of secrets in MS:C... Rather, Check out my RP on Saturday, you make be intrested ;)

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
FreshMeat said:
48 hours of constant play is 3% of one of your skills? i was just mad because i finally got my sc to 15 and got volcano and fn goes down and ilose it all, but ill still check in every now and then to see if this mod grows.

By the way I just got access to the old FuzNet HDD, if you want that restored I can do it. Just send your steamID/character slot.

Also just a heads up I'll be taking FuzNet down to do an upgrade so Thothie quits bitching about the fact FuzNet only has a 2 GB drive in it. As well as a hardline connection. 8)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hey, I quit bitchin about that after you managed to take us from 75mb free to 750mb free... ;) Although I still setup the backup batch file to offload and remove the archive when it's done... Has been known to make char restores difficult occasionally, but not too often.