else
felewynslightpower = 4;

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
What is the point of glow then? Unless the ring can become a better light source than glow when lets say sc level 20.

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Either way, I like the idea of not having to cast glow everytime I join a map. It slows me down and wastes 1 whole MP!

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Haha very true. Now we just have to find a way to make the ring work when you join a new map rather than taking off/putting on the ring every time.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i agree, also it should be a much more epic item, as sound files seems to point out it was a reward for doing something for Felewyn

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Gurluas said:
i agree, also it should be a much more epic item, as sound files seems to point out it was a reward for doing something for Felewyn

well the lord of the land probably did something for felewyn... we're just stealing it from him =P

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:
Gurluas said:

well the lord of the land probably did something for felewyn... we're just stealing it from him =P

It's funny, 'cause I had the same thought but I was too lazy to say it XD

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't quite remember, but I think the idea for the Felewyn's Light, was to provide high end adventurers the ability to illuminate themselves and still carry two-handed weapons (I believe several weapons, including long swords, great axes and mauls required two hands).

Also, high end players that have slain hundreds of creatures and saved the lands many times over shouldn't really be dependent on a torch in order to navigate in the dark.

They would just purchase a few torches and toss them around anyways.

Besides, who doesn't love magical trinkets with the essence of a god? Especially considering the gods pretty much abandoned the realm of men.

What's left of the gods pokes our curiosity, and connects them to the realm, as a reminder to who ruled before us, sort of like the Aleyid ruins in Oblivion.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Evaan said:
I don't quite remember, but I think the idea for the Felewyn's Light, was to provide high end adventurers the ability to illuminate themselves and still carry two-handed weapons (I believe several weapons, including long swords, great axes and mauls required two hands).

Also, high end players that have slain hundreds of creatures and saved the lands many times over shouldn't really be dependent on a torch in order to navigate in the dark.

They would just purchase a few torches and toss them around anyways.

Besides, who doesn't love magical trinkets with the essence of a god? Especially considering the gods pretty much abandoned the realm of men.

What's left of the gods pokes our curiosity, and connects them to the realm, as a reminder to who ruled before us, sort of like the Aleyid ruins in Oblivion.

Evaan...wow long time no see...
it was not named Felewyn's Light back in 1.3 think it was Emriel's Dawn

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh my Gosh, you're absolutely right!

Oh, the memories... Well, Felewyn's Light's a much better name, I think.

I'm having a blast playing the May beta right now. Love the magics, althought I think you should get some voice acting to replace the Morrowind-stolen stuff. I used that for temporarily sound back in the days ;)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Yeah, Gurluas is right, "Felewyn's Light" used to be "Emriel's Dawn". I think they both sound cool.

Anybody remember how the "Rune shield" used to be "Mah'Haeriea's Defender"?

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Yeah, Gurluas is right, "Felewyn's Light" used to be "Emriel's Dawn". I think they both sound cool.

Yeah i think Mah'Haeriea's Defender should return as a high level shield

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:

Wasn't is it bugged to so you couldn't use it too, or something like that?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Tulll said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:

Wasn't is it bugged to so you couldn't use it too, or something like that?
I think the came crashed when you would pick it up, but this also happened with the dark armor. However, upon game restart, your character would be holding it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
He is the father of Lord BS. ;)

lord_bs_Azumanga.jpg

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm the reason you're cursed with difficult names like the Araneola, and them pesky, thieving commoners...

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Oh so YOUR THE GUY!?!?!

Right on.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
villager said:
:O! How come Evaan is a special person?

He was the "Thothie" of the original Mastersword way before MSC

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Actually, I was the Thothie right before MSC.

I went to spend my summers holiday, and when I came back, somebody had taken over and gotten MS back on course.

I think Dogg came back at that time, which created an opportunity none culd not overlook.

I was welcome to come back, but declined respectfully. Spending so much time on the scripts and trying to balance and create some difficulties without actually being able to release it somehow, left a bad taste for MS development on my part.

Kind of the same feeling as working day and night on something for weeks, only to have your hard drive go dead on you with no sight of backups.

It's great to see they've come quite far and built a nice and steady player base. I see a lot of familiar faces, and even more new ones, which is great :)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Evaan said:
Actually, I was the Thothie right before MSC.

I went to spend my summers holiday, and when I came back, somebody had taken over and gotten MS back on course.

I think Dogg came back at that time, which created an opportunity none culd not overlook.

I was welcome to come back, but declined respectfully. Spending so much time on the scripts and trying to balance and create some difficulties without actually being able to release it somehow, left a bad taste for MS development on my part.

Kind of the same feeling as working day and night on something for weeks, only to have your hard drive go dead on you with no sight of backups.

It's great to see they've come quite far and built a nice and steady player base. I see a lot of familiar faces, and even more new ones, which is great :)

Well i remember you were around far before msc when the original ms was active and going for 1.4

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If I hooked up Dogg with some pretty goth chicks, would he come back?

Not that any of the ones I know would give him time to code... :(

By the way, if yer feeling creative and want to help with anything in the scripting system, give me a heads up. I can get you a starter back with base_ changes, new functions, and docs.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Wait, he's not on the team anymore?

Darned...

I'd love to help, but I'm not sure we share the same ideals ;)

What changes I feel should be made, is listing up every monster, it's levels, health, damage, and not the least name (latin spider names... iiisch...) and redistribute their stats accordingly, so players can safely work their way up without any gaps, at least in the general areas. I suppose areas like Keledros' Keep can remain difficult for the purpose of co-operative play, but I think players need the ability to develop a functional character that can participate somehow in those dangerous areas.

I also feel that magic should be slower, but more powerful. I always thought of magic in Daragoth to be something that would require immense focus, concentration and knowledge in order to be used.

As it is now, it seems like everyone and his mother can send a lightning bolt at anyone.

Seeing as magic is as powerful as I imagined Lanethan thought it out to be, I think it appears to much as a common "tool" now.

Mages should be respected and feared, and their magical abilities should reflect their time spent in magical studies, and their understanding of the powers of magic.