Greetings Knights of Daragoth

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Been forever! I just thought id stop in to see whats new in the world of mastersword.

-Derek

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Jesus get off that fucking 290 MB avatar D:!

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well, for one...theres a patch scheduled for tomorow - a big one.

thothie is now in charge of developing the hl1 version of master sword, and the community helps ;)

other than that, hi!

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
well, for one...theres a patch scheduled for tomorow - a big one.

thothie is now in charge of developing the hl1 version of master sword, and the community helps ;)

other than that, hi!
Did he resign or something?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
resign? o_O

the main dev team moved on to source - then thothie started doing things with the hl1 version and the community helps by contributing maps and models...

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
wheres the site for the hl2 version? Well pretty much thats Resigning he had someone take his place to go to a better good. Did he take over the dead hl2 version that was in production or started from scratch? I know that they could convert the original mastersword maps over to hl2. All they would have to do is add bump maps and textures to it and detail it alot.

-Derek

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Rhodeder said:
wheres the site for the hl2 version? Well pretty much thats Resigning he had someone take his place to go to a better good. Did he take over the dead hl2 version that was in production or started from scratch? I know that they could convert the original mastersword maps over to hl2. All they would have to do is add bump maps and textures to it and detail it alot.

-Derek

Everything is being done from scratch

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Yeah i was actually trying to take over the original one and he said it would be too much trouble to transfer it over to me and everything so he told me to make my own mod so i have. If you want to see it its here. http://www.sacrator.com Do you guys have any screenshots of your new mod?

-Derek

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Witness of God said:
Aye hail brother.
Oh God help me its my other self. lol(were twins)

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Witness of God said:
Aye hail brother.

ohmigawsh it's WoG!

And yeah, after the V1.00 release thothie made a beta patch of his own. THen another, then antoher, then another....the new version's very different from the V1.00, even with the original dev_g patch

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Should have another fairly large update today or tomorrow eve... Avzool's crazy (but awsome) new map should be out by then too.

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I find it strange with the amount of community support, that no one actually applies to be an official developer (unless Kuroneko is keeping secrets from me).... We could always use more mappers 8)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i may consider applying for source once i've got a few more done on hl1 ...must master vertex manipulation...YOU SHALL BEND TO MY WILL VERTEX MANIPULATION!!!!!!!!

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i would but im not dedicated enough

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I would but im too busy with mapping for msc. For one, its more or less basic, and thus easier to work with, and thus more fun than being a begginer

I've actually tried fooling around with source mapping, and i did have some fun with it, but there is a ton i have to learn before id consider applying for anything =P

or something like that

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Thought ya needed modlers/coders, not mappers (I meanz, datz what ya told us)... Now I feel guilty for keeping em all busy. :oldcry:

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
We need them all. We just need modelers and coders the most. As it stands now, it seems like the mapping team is just down to Ewok and me, and Ewok is kinda busy at the moment.

Of course, if I have to map the entire game, I will. I'd rather not though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J_M has some experience mapping with Source, and I've not heard much on his plans to remake Riverwind (which isn't too critical atm), so I'll go pester him. He *may* even have some left over maps from the proper genre for a Source mod he was involved with that never took off. Foamy could graduate to Source after fixing up Bloodrose, mayhaps. (I've still not gotten around to looking at Outpost's RMF)

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Reaction score
dRkILL said:
I find it strange with the amount of community support, that no one actually applies to be an official developer (unless Kuroneko is keeping secrets from me).... We could always use more mappers 8)

Id help the team out again helping you guys get dedicated mappers and modelers but i gave up on that i gave a ts modeler to Kuroneko and his first reply to him was "So is devin your pimp?" So i said screw helping out ms anymore lol. So whats up Dr kill havent talked to you in forever :)

~Jax Sup :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Witness of God said:
dRkILL said:

Id help the team out again helping you guys get dedicated mappers and modelers but i gave up on that i gave a ts modeler to Kuroneko and his first reply to him was "So is devin your pimp?" So i said screw helping out ms anymore lol. So whats up Dr kill havent talked to you in forever :)

~Jax Sup :D

The lack of punctations...It hurts...So much....

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
How exactly does one apply to be an official Developer? Because, I'd like to be.