higher lvl monsters?

Xander

New Adventurer
Reaction score
it seems that there is a huge gap in the gameplay of MS.... it goes from "hey, cool game!" and people lvl up pretty good and start to like it to "What now? i own all the zombies and orcs.... and MS_snow is too hard" so people train up and then MS_snow blows because of a lack of xp....

should there be a few new areas? for in between orcs and zombies and ms snow, and then above snow.....

I think this would make gameplay a little but less of a trainer, and more of a game....

Plus.... we need some freaking huge swords.... like big scary lookin ones and some big holy looking ones.... and make a little bit of a "good and evil" feeling.... maybe some modifier items.... that increase your speed, or strength....

and the trade system.... can that get back up... and remove the stealing?

not to be like demanding or anything.... just throwing some of my ideas out... but i do think that the current version should be de-bugged before anything new comes out... be better not to build a skyscraper on a shaky foundation eh?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i too have noticed that gap...but its not so much that theres nowhere to train, its that theres nowhere to explore...and with hl1, the ammount of stuff you can cram in a map doesn't lead to much exploring :\

and the high levels get xp fairly slow anyways, should be balanced out a bit more, slowed at earlier levels and either left alone at current levels or sped up slightly...because thothie said something about training becoming nearly pointless at about level 60...because you parry so much it isn't necessary or summat

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I said by the time you reach level 60 the game becomes pointless, as your Parry would be around the 100 mark by then. Meaning, you're absolutely invulnerable to monsters.

There is, point per point, more XP on MS_SNOW than any other map, just doing rough calc. It's just by the time you reach the level to train on MS_SNOW, you're so high up, that you train painfully slow.

There are also some very nice, very rare items on MS_SNOW that you can find no where else, but they don't spawn every time.

Granted, in the end, harder monsters require new maps... Someone is supposed to be working on Bloodrose - the bulk of which is Daragoth level, but there's some offshoot areas therein that are to be higher.

Another possibility is I could do what I did back in MS 1.35, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort... Make "hard" variants of the existing maps.

I dunno if I could find time to do that together with the various failed attempts at hard code... Although I'm near ready to give up on that.