[INFO] Cheaters and Exploiters

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
My sentbox is completely full, and the oldest post in it is dated Oct 31st - so either I'm spamming PM's randomly like mad, or there's a lot of "chosen ones".

Besides, I've got at least a dozen in there in response to your PM's, ya damned hoser. :p

We played with the item passer NPC, couldn't figure a way to make it work dependably.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
[/sarcasm] tags you bastard... Now if you said the same thing about Instant Messages, it'd be entirely true. 90% of those get filtered out/ignored. Also all IM's go to the home computer - thus I have to be on a computer with enough power and bandwidth to remote my home puter to get them (not always available out here) - while for PM's, all I need is standard net. Dial up and a 386 will do.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I am sorry, Thothie. I will try harder for you in the future. [/sarcasm]

:p

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
[sarcasm]I won't try harder in the future[/sarcasm]

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
[sarcasm]stay in the hole [/sarcasm]

You KNOW that was inevitable.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
stoppostingde4.jpg

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You know that Crow's Cats were inevitable.

Shadeska

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Does anyone remember what we were talking about? I vaguely recall "punishment for breaking game rules/exploits etc." or something like that. Then the capacity of Thothie's inbox, but you all lost me with the cat.

Muwhahaha, offtopic FTW!

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Tirex said:
Make a fake equip that dosent do anything and dosent drop anywhere at all, if someone has it - we found our hacker.

reminds me of the time when i was able to make the ice troll drop their big giant snowball proj_snow_rock or something like that and you can just throw (drop) it around.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Uh...Dark_Force?
Let me show you something:

Door.gif

I hope you're not trying to stick around and be all dignified despite your ban.

...At any rate, I hope we have some nice anti-cheat measures put in (Seems so, from what MiB has told me).

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Dark_Force9999 said:
Tirex said:
Make a fake equip that dosent do anything and dosent drop anywhere at all, if someone has it - we found our hacker.

reminds me of the time when i was able to make the ice troll drop their big giant snowball proj_snow_rock or something like that and you can just throw (drop) it around.
lol ue so kewl
kan u lern me how2do dat so i kan be kewl 2?
kthx

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Something is freaking me out right now. We were playing demontemple on Thothie's server and someone talked to the chest, then someone asked "lulz how U do dat?" then someone (who I won't name) said "ent_me". I was curious so I tried and I got that message in console "You tried to use a cheat command, your name has been logged on FN" or something,
I have no idea whatever ent_me means and it was just some gay joke. I just don't want any problems. Some guy named Phoenix entered that command too without knowing what it was and got caught the same way as I.
Anyway I have witnesses (Jon Tull) and what happened is probably on Thothie's server logs.
Maybe I'm freaking out for nothing but meh, at least I have explained myself.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I doubt you're in trouble; this one time I was walking around in an [FN] server going from one part of the map to another and all of the sudden
SHUTDOWN
followed by a message along the lines of "All STEAM_IDs have been logged for using a cheat command" or whatever it said (somebody was screwing around, obviously). But nothing ever happened to my char.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, I check most things like that out.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I think it probably told you you were cheating because you used a certain 3 letter word that is tied with a certain mod we wish to die (for MS:C). The person wasn't lying, really, but that's not the command for talking to chests.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Re: Punishment for breaking game rules; IE exploits and cheats

So, Blasto, is a certain character whom I shall refer to as "LIGHTLESS_IMPENDINGDEATH" going to get owned? :D

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score

there is no character at this time in the wrong, the character I was looking into is completely ligit. There character dates back beyond my first archive ever created.

Some further research shows that no breach has been made to FN yet.

speaking of which, that IP you gave me was someone else's IP.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score

u ownt? Sabre ownt.

<3

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

followed by a message along the lines of "All STEAM_IDs have been logged for using a cheat command" or whatever it said (somebody was screwing around, obviously). But nothing ever happened to my char.
Fear not, there is no automated deleting of characters (at least, not deliberately), nor are there plans for such. At best it'll mark your ID in a list so we can look into your char later, and if we see nothin odd, we likely won't do nuttin odd.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Blasto121 said:
there is no character at this time in the wrong, the character I was looking into is completely ligit. There character dates back beyond my first archive ever created.

Some further research shows that no breach has been made to FN yet.

speaking of which, that IP you gave me was someone else's IP.

Which one? They're the IPs that appeared under "[name]<steamid> CONNECTED.... ADDRESS: [IP]," so I dunno...Maybe there are two accounts that share the name?

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score

Player Kai steam ID STEAM_0:1:17440704 has had his character deleted for cheating and miss use of the password. He will no longer be able to get a password for making his own private server.