INFO Latest Update News

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Besides, you don't even have to nerf it, seeing as how all the people who actually believe it got nerfed (and wanted to have it nerfed... MIB, villager & Shuri) are already happy because... well because they believe it got nerfed.

Excuse me? I don't remember posting anything about the Lightning storm, so why is it that you're including me in on this?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
villager said:
I think Lightning storm is way to powerful for it's mana usage :\
And in case you think I'm making that up: you posted it here.

Edit: I just read in that same thread that Thothie believes the blizzard spell is the most powerful spell. So to all those people who think they should nerf this game to shit (I'm not going to mention any names this time, decide for yourself wether or not you belong to this group): focus your everlasting hate on the blizzard now.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Yes, I wanted it nerf'ed, but I never said anything about this new current version.
J-M v2.2.5 said:
seeing as how all the people who actually believe it got nerfed

You're not complaining about this mana increase to use the Lightning storm, yet you find only 10 mana drain to use the charge on the GiB "uberly lame"? A very hypocritial claim.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
1) I use my GIB way more than my LS, so I'll be bugged way more often with a depleted mana pool.
2) The increase in mana usage for the LS is minor. That's not the case with the new GIB mana usage; I have 410 mana, so after 41 GIB ice encasement attacks I'll be out of mana. That amount is reachable when I'm fighting Val-sul or a group of monsters. In other words, I will actually have to retreat to regain mana so I can use the ice encasement attack again.
2) This isn't even relevant. The situations in which I use a GIB or LS are so different that you can't even compare the two. Example: when using LS, I'm usually at a distance from whatever I'm destroying, so I won't have to worry about suddenly having to flee because I'm out of mana.

But whatever. Continue your crusade against the last few good weapons/items/spells in this game.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
When did I ever say LS should be nerfed? If anything, I said it needed to be nerfed versus PLAYERS, which it does/did.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah J-M... Say that the next time yer trapped in a boss chamber with a giant O-G bandit who's immune to cold attacks cuz ya tried to GiB him early. ;)

Antics aside, a note: PLEASE DO NOT USE THE "FUTURE TRANSITION" IN DARAGOTH ON MY SERVER.

I think this only affects my server, due to the hummingbird's semi-functional AMXmodX - but it writes a blank map to the crashed.cfg if you try to use it. Meaning, the next time the server restarts, it doesn't load any map - so - the server essentially, doesn't restart.

I'll probably ripent that to use a game_text instead of a transition for the message, but again, I think I'm the only person stupid enough to be running the AMXmodX atm, and likely the only one affected. ;)

Tirex

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sorry about the future transition yesterday.
The movement bug i stated about earlier seems to have affected 3 people so far... me, Sorzeric and someone else i dont quiet remember.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think its fair that the GiB uses some mana for its freezing attack.

Most other weapons with spells as charge attacks use up mana.
However I think if you decide to use the GiB's regular attacks and get the by chance freeze, THAT shouldn't cost any mana.

Or another alternative would be to have the weapon have a limited number of charges to do the freezing attack. Though with limited charges it shouldn't fail, or at least use up a charge when it fails.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:
Or another alternative would be to have the weapon have a limited number of charges to do the freezing attack. Though with limited charges it shouldn't fail, or at least use up a charge when it fails.
Eh, I'd rather not, the limited charges idea is kinda the reasons why I don't like Flamelick and Snakestaff as much as I would if they just used mana.

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
If it uses mana, it ought to train the corresponding magic skill, should it not?

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Because UGA uses two attacks with the special charge. GIB uses one attack. The attack can't train two skills with the same hit.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
However, if the special attack of the GIB were to change from one to two attacks, that'd make things different (italic ftw!).

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The single charge can by converted to train the ice skill, but at that damage and speed I don't doubt seeing people with level 40 ice (keep in mind that ice is ONE subskill, so having level 40 swords requires 3 times that in raw XP).

slaga

New Adventurer
Reaction score
a slightly new player here. found a glitch involving lightning storm:
was tryin this out in the dwarven zombie quest and well i was kinda gettin my ass owned while tryin to level melee weps due to the stuns they did at first. so i tried usin lightning storm to level my sc at the same time but something strange happened.

when they did the stun attack at anytime im activating/casting lightning storm, i wont get stunned but rather it is reversed on them. i dun hav to target the monster itself too i could just look somewhere else and ls while they backstab me and they still get stunned. i hav yet to try it again since i cant access ms now.

also this glitch has been around SINCE 1.3, but i tink some ppl might hav experienced it a couple of times. when using a melee attack on a monster, sometimes, the attack doesn't register and if u keep tryin to attack, no attack confirmation (you attacked blah blah blah etc.) shows. fixes onli when you take a step back and look in another direction other than a monster, which then a weapon swing sound is heard (its no heard durin the glitch period). hopefully there might be a work around around this since this glitch is realli realli old... >.<

well anyway, im a new player (well to msc, not the ms series) and good work with the mod progress. keep it up! ^^

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
so why is the throwable knife broken? i mean other then it sometimes don't throw, and even if it does throw- you gotta be extremely close to the target.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Dark_Force9999 said:
so why is the throwable knife broken? i mean other then it sometimes don't throw, and even if it does throw- you gotta be extremely close to the target.

That isn't broken enough for you?

Oddly enough it works on a listenserver, but I suspect only for the slot #1 client. (ie. client and host are the same system)

Crow said:
First charge for pfck isnt werking.

Yer knife proficiency probably isn't high enough - needs to be two levels higher than the PFCK requirement (12).

*-Foggyspy-*

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Picadilly said:
If it uses mana, it ought to train the corresponding magic skill, should it not?

exactly my thoughts, weapons should not use mana for one reason, mana is mind power and weapons are physical, what mind power does it use to jab an ice blade at someone and freeze them because it is cold? none. even the dumbest animals in the world know how to claw and kill something. i dont believe any weapons should use mana except for special weapons that accually train spellcasting and or are based on it. which i dont understand why people cant just design spells instead of new weapons that are heavy and pointless that pretty much do the same thing as spells.

Rune blade for example is a little corresponding to the GIB, the runeblade uses absolutely no mana for 2 spells that you can cast in scroll form, acidic bold and poison cloud costing you no mana whatsoever, and then there is the GIB which trains no spellcasting at all but uses mana just to charge the weapon on the first charge, which is random and no other weapon uses mana on the first charge.

JoMama

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Although I find it fair to add to the mana use in the lightning storm scroll, it's becoming painfully obvious that it's a giant mana drain unless fighting a multitude of big assed enemies (ass must be of very great magnitude to be worthy of mana drain). Could there be a convenient 'off' switch to casting the lightning (e.g. right click button or something) so that I can stop wasting my mana when there's nothing left around me to get at? It's gotten to the point where I basically just sit there and watch as my mana continues to decrease without any power over it.

It'd also be nice to disable the player's current spell by pressing the 'q' button or something, as I can't pick up gold from a chest or pull out certain weapons when I'm in 'spell mode' and it's inconvenient at best.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You can press 'c' in "spell mode" to fizzle a spell.