Loot Spawning

linksword916

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Can anyone inform me as to how to create the loot that spawns in a map? I know about the chest entities but I need to know how to spawn things like potions/armor/rare weapons.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i think thothie takes care of that. you can make requests once or during the stage where your map is accepted.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
health_apple is the only one I know but it's by far the most useful one as apples are healthy and good for you.

apple-full2.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There is an entity that does this, but yeah, best to just use an apple so ya know it works - doctor will take a look at it later.

Usually better to use a chest anyways - as untouched items tend to vanish after 60 seconds, and you can't choose who gets the item based on effort, or what not. Chests are, similarly, custom made for each map/area.

Currently working on a system for special quest items that stay indefinitely, but they don't go into your inventory. Idea being, you can scatter a few dozen of a specific item (or items) over a map, and have the NPC on the other end respond to the specific player who gathered the items, rather than simply respond when they are all gathered by whomever, via the usual trigger_once+ms_counter trick, without needlessly cluttering up player's inventory.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
MS:C community said:
health_apple is the only one I know but it's by far the most useful one as apples are healthy and good for you.

apple-full2.jpg
You know what they say. An apple a day keeps the man eating giant insects away.