Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bah, they're fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I think every axes in game are horrible.
Great axe and blood axe doesn't do enough damage to compensate for their horrible hit chances. (About same a 2 GIB hits)
Rune axe (hasted by ancient magics) seems to do same damage as a normal torkalath blade wich has much better hit chances and is one handed... So if the rune axe would have not been hasted by powerful ancient magic, it would be slow and do about same damage as a toothpick sword and less than a plain battle axe?
I think axes should really be powerful and useful weapons and they R teh suck IMO...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Rune axe should be one handed, since the model is =|

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You think Great Axe suck now, but if you have a balanca of 50 or 60 your would only miss every third time, which is pretty good. At some point you'll have a 100% hit chance.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Are you serious? Who would ever get to level 50-60 anyway.
And about blunt I agree, best thing to train so far is still Calrian's mace :?
Also as we don't have any lightning elemental weapons, It would be great to leave rune axe as it is for now, but to do a quest to make it lightning elemental and better. Hell that would rock!

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
Also as we don't have any lightning elemental weapons, It would be great to leave rune axe as it is for now, but to do a quest to make it lightning elemental and better. Hell that would rock!

One handed lightning axe ftw :)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You bring up good points. But what would you want? new weapons to your specifications or a revamp of every other weapons? Or both?

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
P|Barnum said:
You bring up good points. But what would you want? new weapons to your specifications or a revamp of every other weapons? Or both?

I think the missrate should be lowered by atless 10 points, or the damage should be massive.

Today, I was so lucky, I got 3 hits in a row before going on my missing spree.

My PFCK gots a missrate of 13 and I'm doing 60-110 damage, 110-180 charged.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Dark_Force9999 said:
Please train axe using Scythe. Thank you.

I shouldn't have to, I should be able to use (or whats supposed to be) the best weapon for that skill if I can get it, the Great axe, Blood axe or Rune axe, which they really aren't that great. :| That's like telling me to train my swordmanship with the Scimitar when I can get the Greater Ice Blade. :S

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The great axe fails with monsters with some defense but it totally pwns with awesome damage those few strong monsters with no defense (ice reavers)

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
You'd think monsters wouldn't (or have very little) resistances to axes, being that axes having a bladed edge with the force of a blunt.

I vote to make monsters weaker against axes :D

edit: OR vote to make missrate lower :|

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I vote that the damage be increaced to compensate, it's not hard to find the dps of a weapon, just calculate it out and up the dmg until they're on par with the other top teir weapons.

JoMama

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Can we include golden axes in this list of suck because it makes no sense why I have to pay at least 3000 times as much than if I bought or found a psb?

The fact that they break also makes no sense either since I've got other stuff that has yet to even dull slightly :/

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
The breakage is okay, I like it.... makes players actually *gasp* quest for something. However the insanely rare ore, and the 6-10 hours it takes to make 110k (if you know what you're doing) is only worth it, because GA is the best divination training. Wow, it can do a few thousand dmg to undead that have 50-400hp *if* you don't miss 7 times in a row while someone else kills it with a nova blade in 2 hits. It's damage potential is impressive speed is to be expected, but the miss rate is just plain dumb. Look at the size of it? You can't HOLSTER the thing without putting an eye out..... /rant off. Short version: Miss rates on axes sucks, balance with more dmg or less misses.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
Who would ever get to level 50-60 anyway.

I don't think they should be improved I think leveling should be more balanced. Just a little harder too level around level 10 - 20 and a little easier around level 35 - 50. Even in WoW you can get beyond 69. I'll be surprised if I ever see a level 50 in msc.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
The damage is fine, it's the missrate that sucks :|

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
elfstone222 said:
However the insanely rare ore, and the 6-10 hours it takes to make 110k (if you know what you're doing)

6-10 hours? Still sounds like some kind of abuse even if you know what you're doing, as I'm level 28 and I have ~50k without spending much of any. What I know that I'm doing, is playing the game without farming for gold.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
If I was just to play them game, pick up what loot I could with what little carrying capacity I have left (1/3 weight left, 66/75 items) it would take at least a month or two playing the 3-4 hours a day I do. I'd be right there with you bashing farming gold, if making gold wasn't all about farming. Most merchants don't buy anything for over 1k, the things that they do buy for more are rather rare. I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend 2 months getting 110k for a weapon I'll only use for divination training. Any other way of making gold that I know (and no, It's not an exploit or abuse, It's knowing what drops where and how to get there fast) isn't nearly as plausable. But this isn't a thread about the process of making money, it's about why axes suck, and the consensus is dps, more specifically, miss rate.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I am working on a list of every weapon, comparing them together and balancing them out (with their specific tradeoffs, so the various weapon types aren't equal with the exception of the visuals).

However, I haven't personally found any imbalance on the weapons I've used.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sounds good, Nashalrath will probably have a new bluntarms weapon