[WIP] - Player Re-Skin. [Update 50%]

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
well... to be honest iv never really liked the ms/msc player skin... well... his cloths anyway, i cant complain about the face because i cant do ne better ... as of yet. so im going to reskin the cloths on the player skin completely, and im going to post the progress on here... right now though only one screenshot. "look down"

wipplayerreskin1.PNG

^__ As u can see iv already done alot "in my oppinion" on the chest area... so far... i find this to already be my best skin lol and its all from scratch. As of right now my goal is to get rid of the UV lines that are left on the skin. once im done with that. im going to work on the arms they will match the chest as if to make the the model look like its wearing a long sleeve shirt... from there on ill be deciding on what i will be doing lol... ne ways id like some comments and suggestions please... be nice lol this is the first skin iv put quite a bit of effort into.

Thnx again !

-UPDATE-

Here are 2 new screenshots of my finished product of the chest. as i said i am working on the arms next this will take a little longer because im still going to try and use the orginal hands ... because i am terrible at skinning skin lol... ne ways here they are!

chestback_fin.PNG

(the back, also shows the side "under-arms")

chestfront_fin.PNG

(the front)

once again please leave some comments and suggestions.

-small update-

chestshow.png

Heres the actual texture that i made.

With that, its 5am... and im heading off to bed.

-UPDATE!-

Iv finished the upper part of the body! please tell me what u think and if there should be any changes. thanks!

Renders

playerchestfin_Back.PNG

(BACK)

playerchestfin_Front.PNG

(FRONT)

-small update-

chest_ingame1n.PNG

(IN-Game Night)

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
All he needs now is a collar and he will be down the nightclubs :)

GJ :) If you can, get rid of the seams, they're ugly, but you can only do so much without editing the UVs

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Jester said:
Looks pretty cool, that guys hardcore to hunt in his pajamas :oldlol:

not pajama's... but honestly how many adventures went around in a modern day dress shirt and a potato bag vest?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Jester said:
The ones that didn't want to get made fun of for forgetting to change out of their pajamas.

wrong again... they wore probably leather armors with a linen shirt underneath... most people who went out looking treasures and stuff pretty much had nothing so they might not even have the armor possibly the the cloths on theyre back , and most likely a sword or bow.

what u see in movies is not always whats correct -.-...

Jester

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ceriux said:
Jester said:
The ones that didn't want to get made fun of for forgetting to change out of their pajamas.

wrong again... they wore probably leather armors with a linen shirt underneath... most people who went out looking treasures and stuff pretty much had nothing so they might not even have the armor possibly the the cloths on theyre back , and most likely a sword or bow.

what u see in movies is not always whats correct -.-...
wrong... these are people of edana i created them :twisted:

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
lol , ok u win... i still think white looks better... ooo maybe i could use the original vest and just make it really light and have it be "linen" cloth vest or somethin...

Jester

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That sounds cool. I like your design now if it had something to break up the plainness. I don't know what, but it isnt my skin anyway :p

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
if you can thnk of somethin ill check how it looks on it, i dont know if i said it but iwas think a differnt vest.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
*bump*

Anyone still have these?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I noticed the images for them died.... would be nice to have a newer/better MSC skin, even if it were like a year old :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, judging by all the screen shots they showed up in they seemed to be pretty popular... Someone's gotta have em still. :(

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
this was a differnt one thothie. But if u want i can re-do them if u want just tell me which color. ill do all the arms and bodys.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I thought the black one was nice, but maybe just a result of my years running goth clubs in Boston. If you can work out a couple of different ones, maybe I can rig something up to let people choose (granted it'd affect everyone they see as well, but hey...)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
unless you tinker with some hard code/scripts and make it so people can choose what color they want so everyone will be a step closer to being different.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
open half-life 1.

go to options.

click on multiplayer.

see those bars?

they change the hue, it should already be in the code right?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The MSC player model is pretty much completely disconnected from that system.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The MSC player model is pretty much completely disconnected from that system.

gah.

Master-sword is the definition of "total conversion mod".

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
so reconnect it...

:oldlol:

haha funny

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
In theory, you CAN enable the playermodel selector, but since the playermodel in MS:C is disconnected from that, it won't do anything.
All you'd have to do would be to set "nomodels" in the liblist.gam file in your msc folder to "0", or simply remove it altogether.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Dun do nuttin.

Player model is hard-coded as a constant. Can't be changed much without changing a lot of hard code.

I *think* I can setprop the entire player model not to render now, however, the only way I can think of replacing said model afterwards is to give the player a new body as equipment - and well - that didn't go so well last time. ;)