2014 ANNOUNCEMENT

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Zeus didn't bite any hand. He has great wisdom, along with Thothie. Truth is, my new boss loves MS, and I couldn't be happier. As much drama as this post has created, to my great dismay, I have been granted personal furlough for this. If it is the wish of Red Cell, I would enter into talks to code the (beep) out of this 'mug'.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Look at Thothie, for example, he is pratically ms:c's slave now, muahaha! :twisted:
msc_vs_thothie.png
Truer words have never been posted.

I'm one of the few who knows why we call it MASTER.

...Though it's bit a bit since she last pulled out the wax candles, at least.

In anycase, hope ya'll can work something out - just, ya know, take it down a notch, and I'm sure everyone can get along. (I hope.)

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Speaking from experience, and since I've been called out as being 40 years old (OMG Gabe and Mike Harrington!) Wax can be a great experience bra, learn to love it \wickedgrin.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
BoX said:
Speaking from experience, and since I've been called out as being 40 years old (OMG Gabe and Mike Harrington!) Wax can be a great experience bra, learn to love it \wickedgrin.
Thread derail :arrow: ban

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Damnit Lucifer... :p

BoX said:
Having already breached my own Douglas Adams, and having ran goth clubs for most of the 90's I can safely say... No... Wax is bad... Just no. ;)

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Sorry for the very late reply to you Box, I just got done with my clinical rotations. We'd absolutely love to have you on board! I'll figure out how to get you up and running by next week. Thanks a ton for still sticking around, we all really appreciate it!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Red Cell said:
I just got done with my clinical rotations.
Uhggg! Flashbacks! /me pounds head into keyboard

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Red Cell said:
Sorry for the very late reply to you Box, I just got done with my clinical rotations. We'd absolutely love to have you on board! I'll figure out how to get you up and running by next week. Thanks a ton for still sticking around, we all really appreciate it!

Cool man, I'm wrapping up production on Team Fortress: Source, and I'll be ready to lay down the code work. A few questions if I may.
1)-Will this be based off the SDK 2013 Multiplayer? ( I assume )
2)- Will we be hosting the code for this on GitHub?
3)- If NO to #2, will we have some other online repository/FTP space to house the source code?

Thanks!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Should let Red answer this, but in interest of expediency:

1) [SDK2013] I do believe that is what Orochi was building on, but not absolutely sure.

2) [GitHub] We tried to add one to RKS, and exploded the forums in the process. Dunno about a GitHub somewhere else, but I'd suggest it be protected, given the nature of this sort of MP game (da h4x0rZ and all).

3) [FileSpace/SVN] RKS provides a dedicated FTP section for MSS, and indeed, entire HTML web site space (albeit that last bit is unused ATM). RKS once had a SVN for MSS, but it was never used (remained empty), and thus removed after what forever will be known as "The Great Let Down". I assume, however, it can be put up again, on request.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
TortoiseSVN is my choice over Git but I didn't sign onto the project as a coder/scripter.

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Cool beans. I Git, er... Got some news, but it seems silly to continue on using this thread. At this point, I will end this thread and start a new one for relevancy's sake.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Assuming Red managed to rig you up right, you should have access to the hidden Source Developer Sub Forums where discussions of master plans are already in progress. Ye can use this forum here for public announcements, or you can use The Dev Blogs to publicly describe work in progress, should you feel it would encourage productivity.

Red should also have a link for you containing the current MSS code archive.

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Awesome! but alas, I am not rigged 'You are not authorised to read this forum.'

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Perhaps my instructions to the red one for this procedure were not sufficiently elaborate... dinkleberg_glare.jpg

Please be patient while this is corrected. It'll have to be Red Cell himself that does it, to ensure he can repeat the process, as maybe required in the future.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Boom! Done! Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the extra help thoth