[Application] Mapping

Task

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to apply for a mapping position. I made a small test map using only resources from MS 1.3. The test map in the screen shots below was compiled for standard Half-Life using Steam.

msapp1.txt

msapp2.txt

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Cool. Interesting to see some new applicants.

First off, I like your terrain, well the side cliff / mountain / rock features, nice and soft. The dipped path is a nice touch too.

But unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be enough in that area. Try adding more brush detail to make that house look more appealing. Also, I think we would have to defintely see more work as this isn't much to judge by. Keep it up though.

- Ewok

Task

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments Ewok.

The house is just a place holder. I made the map just to show what I was capable of, but not as a completed map. I would hope the team would have plans for what kind of maps need to be created. I didn't want to devote a lot of time for a test map when I can be working on something that will be used in the game.

I've made several maps over the years but would rather stay focused on MS and not rely on past work. Here's another screen shot taken of Hammer. The curved road alone should be enough to show that I'm qualified.

msapp3.txt

Task

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I like the new website. I was looking through the gallery and seen a couple of world objects that looked neat. So I made them.

Here's a screenshot of a wagon and a untextured lamp post.

msapp4.txt

Task

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hehe, yeah I figured the one in the screenshot was a model. I tried to make it look as close as possible to the one in the gallery.

If you guys have something you would like me to make as a test of my mapping skills let me know.

Task

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Here's what I came up with.

msapp5.txt

Task

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks ante_delonge and Chopsuey :)

I think it looks cool but I don't guess it impressed the Dev's. If they wanted me on the team they would have offered a mapping position.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my work.

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I do like what you've done to the house. I'm quite impressed. It was sort of the result I was hoping and...

Sorry for the late reply, but developers and I myself have been rather busy.

- Ewok