Beta Worldmap Discussion

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Blarg... I can't remember where it connects, off hand... Gert Cape or Forest?

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Caves connects to forest, which connects to cape. I'm not entirely sure it's necessary to include every single map, though, as that really clutters up this kind of display. It may be best to just label regions, in which case, you only need one instance of gertenheld on the grid.

example: I like the way you have things with underkeep. There are three maps in between gatecity and underkeep, but they don't really need to be listed since they are basically 'wilderness' maps.

Edit: Also, "The Dwarven Mines" (aka dmines) connects to underkeep, not tundra.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Charles445 said:
Isn't challs protected?
Indeed it is... Good catch. Amazing how many years that's gone unnoticed.

TheOysterHippopotami said:
Edit: Also, "The Dwarven Mines" (aka dmines) connects to underkeep, not tundra.
Concept map, so dun mattah - though the transition is there waiting for it. Verath, similarly, could end up on either end of the planet.

TheOysterHippopotami said:
Caves connects to forest, which connects to cape. I'm not entirely sure it's necessary to include every single map, though, as that really clutters up this kind of display. It may be best to just label regions, in which case, you only need one instance of gertenheld on the grid.
Oh yeah, that darn transition by the hut in gert_forest...

Meh, I'd like at least to have boxes representing each map as with the Islesofdread, but to be really useful, the map name and difficulty need to be present, at the very least. Granted, I really should work up a more interactive PDF sorta thing with popups, layers, and like. Bringing terrain back would be nice too.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Moved the various lore for the various concept maps to the top post for ease of reading (hopefully got them all without creating duplicates.)

I've not yet updated the map itself though.