Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Keldorn said:
Using sprays seems to cause the weird text bug sometimes.
And, strangely enough, if this happens, you might see some texture from the map you're in, rather than your spray.

And it seems to take effect on anyone in the server too.

Hakariaki

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Keldorn said:
Using sprays seems to cause the weird text bug sometimes.
And, strangely enough, if this happens, you might see some texture from the map you're in, rather than your spray.

And it seems to take effect on anyone in the server too.

It's time to unbind the sprey:p I have also noticed this, sprey works fine if theres no graphic buggs at all on map but when i start geting a few of them everytime i use the sprey after that i get text buggs.

RecklessFire

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
might have to convince RB to add a new "Spray = Ban" rule =p

i kid of course, but that text bug is sooooo annoying

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The spraypaint textures add an unpredictable number of textures to the cache, which I suspect is why client texture issues vary from client to client and session to session, even amongst the same clients connecting at the same time with the same hardware/OS. The number of textures in the spraypaint cache will vary with which players you've played with over time, and which sprays you've seen.

I *think* you can disable the spraypaints client side via the console command:
cl_allowdownload 0
r_decals 0

You can also set "Multi Decal Limit" to 0 under Options->[Advanced].

Your local spray is contained in msc/pldecal.wad, but I'm not sure where, off hand, the other decals you encounter are stored (it's changed since Steam). It might be tempdecal.wad or buffer.dat, but not sure.

You can disable spraypaint serverside with mp_decals 0. This also affects blood splatter and other wall marks, me thinks.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The cannon at oceancrossing always misses the enemy ship, and the miss message is displayed 3 times.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I think that's because the cannon ball comes out of the cannon at an angle. Not sure if it's 90 degrees or 180 degrees, but it's not 0 degrees like it should be.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Rickler used the aimable variant of the cannon, so I assumed he wanted you to aim it... At least I hope he did, as the fixed version woulda been a lot easier to work with. >_>

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Oh the cannon can be aimed alright, but the direction in which you aim and the direction in which the actual cannon ball travels do not correspond. There's at least 90 degrees between them. So if you're in Washington D.C. and you aim the cannon at Europe, you'll probably shoot it towards Brazil. Then again, the projectile might travel to Los Angeles.

I might try figuring out where it goes, in a few.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Grr... Musta tested the damned thing like a dozen times and it was shooting straight then... *sigh*

edit: Still shooting straight... >< On a listenserver, at least.

Hakariaki

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
I have tried out this a few times, from what i see the ball goes about 90 degrees up in the air like others have said, but even if you actually manage to hit the ship it dosent sink. i hited it some times in the sail.
The aiming only works for left/right direction, not up/down.

Thothie said:
Your local spray is contained in msc/pldecal.wad, but I'm not sure where, off hand, the other decals you encounter are stored (it's changed since Steam). It might be tempdecal.wad or buffer.dat, but not sure.

Asfar as i know tempdecal.wad is the sprey that you have activated at the moment. I allways put my sprey with that name if i want to use it and put the file to read only. Going into options and changing sprey will reset this file to original if you havent put it on read only.
E:\Steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\tempdecal.wad

KingLemo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Grr... Musta tested the damned thing like a dozen times and it was shooting straight then... *sigh*

It's perfectly accurate on the horizontal axis, verticly you have no controll, always seems to shoot over the enimie ship, Also the cannon can be destroyed be lightning storm created on the above deck :|

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Just tested (on my own listenserver):
Fired multiple shots to be sure of this: the cannon ball actually went where it was supposed to go... sort of. The cannon shoots much higher. Like three times as high. And if I'm not mistaken, the cannon ball has to go through a trigger brush to call the "Enemy ship has been sunk" events. And this trigger brush is being overshot by a rather large margin, it seems.

Hakariaki said:
The aiming only works for left/right direction, not up/down.
Aiming vertically could never be done in the first place. The upward angle at which you shot was fixed, but it most definitely was significantly lower before.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
While playing foutpost the blizard spell acted weird, the blizzard effect gets applied on every place you casted it the same amounts of times everywhere (so it becomes a really dense blizzard). The effect is just aesthetic.

EDIT: on nightmare thornlands one snowboars spawns in the caves, also giant snow boars dont walk around after they spawn, they just idle until they get hit or spot a player.

EDIT: the mayor quest in Edana is broken, his letter wont appear in the chest.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm gonna agree with J-M... It shoots at about a 45-60 degree angle up.

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
pants.. pants everywhere..
ngbbs4d36492bcc6f3.jpg
this is like when you were 8 and you threw shit on the floor and was like "the floor is lava!"

Drathamus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The 2 second immunity for mobs spawning does not apply to on-hit effects (Test dragon axe in Isles of Dread 1 against the Putrefacti. The blade may not register in the combat log, but the fire DoT will still be applied to the undead right upon spawn).

When using the hoarfrost, right-clicking while stunned puts the circle on cool down, but doesn't drop the ice circle. (Test hoarfrost with shadow wolves in b_castle).

Character's arms seem to lock with bows and crossbows. The right arm is locked in a 90 degree angle, and the left arm is fully extended outward in front.

I think the last one is a little well known, but might as well post it in here. I'll keep going through, seeing if I can find anything =P.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The DoT will apply, but it won't do damage anyway, so the purpose of the invulnerability is still fulfilled.

EDIT: Some chests appear to be looking for the wrong script file names.

Taken from log_msdll.log:

Error (SERVER): CMSMonster::Script_ExecuteCmd() --> Script: chests/ice_main, addstoreitem: non-existant item mana_cold_resist!

Error (SERVER): CMSMonster::Script_ExecuteCmd() --> Script: chests/ice_main, addstoreitem: non-existant item mana_cold_immune!

Error (SERVER): CMSMonster::Script_ExecuteCmd() --> Script: chests/ice_boss, addstoreitem: non-existant item mana_cold_resist!

EDIT2: Good news! It looks like the Pharaoh Lance actually spawns! :oldshock:

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Fragment of Maldora also seems to be able to crash Wicard Oven.
It happend just as he died; I think he pulled some boulders out of his ass a split second earlier, though.

Drathamus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Edric of Galat's Storage's head appears to be empty.

On the right side of the model, it appears as if there's a rift in time and space, making this:

edana0000.jpg

There seems to be a triangle missing from his head. Not sure if it's known or not... posting it anyway.

Edit... apparently the picture didn't go through. Hosting on photo bukkit.

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
all the glitches in this game and that little triangle bothered you enough to post about it huh? :p

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Enemies that jump or teleport (ogres, lesser djinn, runegahr, maldora, etc.) can move around even when caged by pharaoh lance (Drop rate on this seems a bit low, btw).

While frozen, Shadahar Warriors that have their thunderaxes return to them can attack and move around.

Greater Air Elementals tend to spawn in walls when spawned from Elder Shamans in shad_palace, leaving them near unkillable while allowing them to randomly zap players all around the map.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Pharaoh lance seems to make creatures immune to stun effect. Tried it on 5 tork elves and 4 undead orcs on the_wall, all elves became immune to stun after being encased by the lance, and 1 out of the 4 orcs got immune to the stun effect aswell. Also you can't stun things while they are encased.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Double Post...

Velend @ the_wall randomly ate an ihotorh's head when i turned it in, without giving any rewards to anybody. Damn elf is trolling me. :roll:

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Replacing c_bear_dead.wav with a renamed null.wav prevents bear claw transformation related crashes.

EDIT: Seem to be crashing quite often from Flesheater now. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.