Not open for further replies.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
thats old, not new. It happens once in a while, restarting the game fixes it usually.

Or it could be bloom messing it up, press B to turn it off.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
So it turns out someone fucked with my rates in sven coop, little did I know it transferred over.

haseo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
thats old, not new. It happens once in a while, restarting the game fixes it usually.

Well restarting and reinstalling did nothing, turning off the bloom however was magical.

And if it's an old/known bug, maybe it should be included in the buglist ?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
So it turns out someone **** with my rates in sven coop, little did I know it transferred over.
It shouldn't... Although maybe Valve provided some global mod back door in this last patch.

haseo said:
dunno if anyone has already mentioned this but a clean msc install (1.2+2013.07b.full) brings you this sexy character select screen: http://i.imgur.com/6Yr9Z76.png video: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=nlbzg7&s=5
zeus9860 said:

New to me. >_>

Also canna duplicate... :\ Might be hardware/OS specific. What sort of graphics card and Winderz be ye using, Haseo?

haseo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Lucifer Majiskus said:
So it turns out someone **** with my rates in sven coop, little did I know it transferred over.
It shouldn't... Although maybe Valve provided some global mod back door in this last patch.

haseo said:
dunno if anyone has already mentioned this but a clean msc install (1.2+2013.07b.full) brings you this sexy character select screen: http://i.imgur.com/6Yr9Z76.png video: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=nlbzg7&s=5
zeus9860 said:

New to me. >_>

Also canna duplicate... :\ Might be hardware/OS specific. What sort of graphics card and Winderz be ye using, Haseo?
ATI Radeon HD and 5 or 6-series but like mentioned before, turning off bloom solved it :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Figured something along those lines...

I updated the CG libraries today - may or may not help with that sorta hardware related bug, but they do the bloom thang.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
New to me. >_>

Welcome to 2012(?) Thothie. :roll:

There are 2 visual bugs with the selection menu (other than the one when it goes white if u afk in the selection screen and then crashes). They both look similiar, one being the bloom one and the other one seems to happen rarelly and mostly when u alt tab the game when loading into a server for the first time, doesn't happen all the time, but it happens often.
I figured the second wouldnt be the problem since it fixes on restart and it's a bit rare to occur.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
haseo said:
I had the same bug and it's related to MS:C's built-in bloom feature. Type
Code:
ms_bloom_level "0"
in the console to fix it.

Edit: D'oh, I see you already fixed it. At any rate, if anyone wants to know, this problem seems to be SteamPipe-specific.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, if it's SteamPipe specific, it certainly doesn't go back to 2012 - but folks with various graphics cards have always had various issues with the bloom, even if I've not seen a bug report this specific. Do mean to disable it by default in the next full installer - maybe give you a message asking if you want it, the first time you spawn, with auto-revert after 10 seconds, ala Windows display mode change.

The video looks a little like what happens when I move another window over MSC's (as I tend to run in a window). Wonder if the Win7/ATI drivers are adding some extra layer that makes it think it shouldn't be showing the layer rendered by the bloomer, treating it as if the window was obscured by another ap. Hrmmm...

Again, I doubt the updated CG libraries will fix this, but they aren't causing any new problems, so far as I can tell, so I suppose there's a chance. They do seem to include interface handlers for DX10 and DX11's quazi-GL.

haseo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Also another thing... please turn off mouse acc in the inventory system and boost the mouse speed just a little bit- or base the mouse movement controls in there according to the game confiugration, ie if people want mouse smoothing/acc then they can, if they don't want it (like me) they can turn it off in the game options for the mouse.

When moving around in there it feels like you're pulling around a huge weight on your arms and every mouse move feels totally inaccurate and bloaty.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
So I helped a couple of low-levels in ms_snow and I noticed a few bugs:
- A giant snow bear got stuck between a tree and the cliffs near the gate at the start and then vanished. I thought we had to reload the map but apparently the low-levels killed a mob elsewhere (same bear? I don't know) and we could go on.
- I got to the ice reavers and when one of them zapped me with that lightning beam thing, I got pushed around by the damage over time.
- It looks like the weakest ice skeleton variant (decayed...? the dudes with the staves) only shoot their bolts in one particular direction. Granted, their shots aren't confined to a straight line (a cone I guess is what you used) but the cone always points in one direction (my guess: the direction with polar angle = 0, when using 2D polar coordinates, top-down view).
- This is probably a freak bug/super rare occurrence but here goes: As I entered the boss chamber, there were three other people in the server. One of them was in the boss chamber with me. The boss minion (super pissed off ice dude with two clubs) did his frost bolt attack and hit me... 22 times. With one attack. This was, apparently, so much that a massive split-second lag spike occured and two people got disconnected from the server. These were the two people not present in the boss chamber but this might have been coincidence.
- Every time you kill a non-final form of the boss, the 'killing' blow is reflected to the player who dished it out. Which was me, because I was doing most of the damage. The bottom-right HUD doesn't tell you anything but I could easily tell I received roughly the same (likely *exactly* the same) damage I did in these final blows to ice boss forms #1 and #2.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
MS:C community said:
- A giant snow bear got stuck between a tree and the cliffs near the gate at the start and then vanished. I thought we had to reload the map but apparently the low-levels killed a mob elsewhere (same bear? I don't know) and we could go on.
If a mob is stuck long enough, and can't hit anything, it'll teleport back to its spawn point. Even if this was not what happened, however, I think all the chained battles on ms_snow have been on counters for awhile now, meaning, even if something odd does happen to one of the bears, it'll keep dishing them out until enough of them die to trigger the next stage.

- I got to the ice reavers and when one of them zapped me with that lightning beam thing, I got pushed around by the damage over time.
Has to do with the way some of the older mobs determine when to do their push attacks. Sometimes the flag fails to tell them the difference between the damage done by their push attacks, and other damage (eg. DOT). I can fix it here, but there's too many mobs affected, with no easy way for me to track them all down, to get them all in one go. Let me know if you spot another. (I'm sure there are several - keep forgetting to take note of them.)

- It looks like the weakest ice skeleton variant (decayed...? the dudes with the staves) only shoot their bolts in one particular direction. Granted, their shots aren't confined to a straight line (a cone I guess is what you used) but the cone always points in one direction (my guess: the direction with polar angle = 0, when using 2D polar coordinates, top-down view).
I shall have to examine. I think there was a fix for the tossprojectile code that maybe messing with them. (Couldn't shoot at an origin before, so it defaulted to their view.)

- This is probably a freak bug/super rare occurrence but here goes: As I entered the boss chamber, there were three other people in the server. One of them was in the boss chamber with me. The boss minion (super pissed off ice dude with two clubs) did his frost bolt attack and hit me... 22 times. With one attack. This was, apparently, so much that a massive split-second lag spike occured and two people got disconnected from the server. These were the two people not present in the boss chamber but this might have been coincidence.
Ummmm... Lag? :oops: Odd thing is, I don't think the ice lord even has any projectiles - save freezing sphere. :\

- Every time you kill a non-final form of the boss, the 'killing' blow is reflected to the player who dished it out. Which was me, because I was doing most of the damage. The bottom-right HUD doesn't tell you anything but I could easily tell I received roughly the same (likely *exactly* the same) damage I did in these final blows to ice boss forms #1 and #2.
I get this report with Flesheater a lot... But now that I'm getting it here too - looking at the code...
Code:
 	//************************** INVINCIBLE ********************
	else if( Cmd.Name() == "invincible" ) {
		if( Params.size() >= 1 )
		{
			byte Type = atoi(Params[0]);
			if( Type ) 
			{
				SetBits( pev->flags, FL_GODMODE );
				if( Type == 1 )	SetConditions( MONSTER_REFLECTIVEDMG );
			}
			else {
				ClearBits( pev->flags, FL_GODMODE );
				ClearConditions( MONSTER_REFLECTIVEDMG );
			}
		}
		else ERROR_MISSING_PARMS;
	}
I'm thinking maybe he's supposed to use invincible type 2, rather than 1. (Odd, you'd think it'd be the other way around.)

Probably affecting several mobs... And as I don't think we actually use reflective damage, and have better ways to do it if we wanted to (that'd actually report the damage), maybe I'll just axe the secondary function code side.

haseo said:
Also another thing... please turn off mouse acc in the inventory system and boost the mouse speed just a little bit- or base the mouse movement controls in there according to the game confiugration, ie if people want mouse smoothing/acc then they can, if they don't want it (like me) they can turn it off in the game options for the mouse.

When moving around in there it feels like you're pulling around a huge weight on your arms and every mouse move feels totally inaccurate and bloaty.
I don't think we can control the mouse acceleration on the inventory separate from the game. I think it defaults to the system settings instead, which may feel a bit odd if your game resolution differs from your desktop. You can try m_rawinput 1 though.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Ummmm... Lag? :oops: Odd thing is, I don't think the ice lord even has any projectiles - save freezing sphere. :\
Not the ice lord himself, but his minion ("Enraged Ice Bone", I looked it up).

Also, that boss-form damage reflect thing... While I haven't checked, I now vaguely seem to remember that Keledros does the same.

Thanks for your replies!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh, him... (Looks)

Wow, he is old skool... Apparently he was setup before the scripts could scan an area for targets (and before we could add element types to dodamage)... So... To do his thing, he's periodically landing a 0 damage attack over a 2048 unit radius (!) and then tossing a projectile at anything he hits.

While that could result in a lot of projectiles all in the same frame, it'd still be one per target, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. I'll have to load his scripts and see if there's any variable conflicts that maybe causing the flag that told him he did it to fail. (Should be once every 4 seconds, but if the flag failed, it'd be every think cycle - and yeah, that'd rock the server big time.)

edit (post test):
No... No conflicts.... He *might* fire two, if he hits you with a club near the same time he's doing his projectile attack, but that's about it... Hrmm...

Meh, I seriously need to nerf the projectile spam from the other (decrepit) ice bone though... Weird thing is I thought I switched it up for a client side effect and some trace lines ages ago. (I know I nerfed it at least once already, as he used to fire all those in the same frame. ><)

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
sorry completely off topic. but this looks like some kind of modded quakeC.

//************************** INVINCIBLE ********************
else if( Cmd.Name() == "invincible" ) {
if( Params.size() >= 1 )
{
byte Type = atoi(Params[0]);
if( Type )
{
SetBits( pev->flags, FL_GODMODE );
if( Type == 1 ) SetConditions( MONSTER_REFLECTIVEDMG );
}
else {
ClearBits( pev->flags, FL_GODMODE );
ClearConditions( MONSTER_REFLECTIVEDMG );
}
}
else ERROR_MISSING_PARMS;
}

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The FL_GODMODE flag, ClearConditions(), Setbits(), Clearbits(), and (maybe) the MONSTER_REFLECTIVEDMG flag probably exited in Quake (hold overs), but that'd be about it I think. The conditional itself is original Dogg code though and part of his script processing. Similar engine, similar SDK elements and syntax. ...and I do believe they all live on in Source as well.

Hell, some of that may go all the way back to Doom. :oldshock:

haseo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
In the past the memory issue was totally gone for me, now it pops up almost every transition and sometimes there's an insane popup preventing me to tab back into the game only leaving me to do "end process".

I think the solution in the past was to turn off debug mode but I can't remember how :oldangry:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Memory dealloc errors during transitions are pretty common right now, as the Steam Pipe servers can't disconnect and give you a delayed reconnect like they should anymore. Fixed next patch.

Developer 0 to turn off the debug messages, but, in addition to the fact that most of the debug messages have been removed from public builds, to reduce the considerable overhead they employ, and the fact they are off by default, this would be unlikely to help with the issue, as it results from receiving partially initialized map data.

haseo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
and another thing.... are the floating orcs in mscave ever gonna get fixed ?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I think I recall seeing one floating pair in there somewhere, but that was about it... If you're seeing more, type "xyz" in console and get me the coords...

haseo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I think I recall seeing one floating pair in there somewhere, but that was about it... If you're seeing more, type "xyz" in console and get me the coords...
Floor: ( 1847 -2528 1040 ) Center: ( 1847 -2528 1076 ) angles: ( 1 149 0 )

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, I think those are the ones I found... If they are the only ones, I dunno if it's worth adding to the size of the betapack to fix, though maybe I'll make the edit for the next full installer.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Found some more thingies:
- If the giant fire beetle in phlames explodes, he does blunt damage. Shouldn't that be fire damage?
- The fallen armor in b_castle isn't tagged as a boss but maybe this is intentional? Dunno.
- When the phoenix armor restores your health, the game tells you that the pheonix armor restored your health.
- The Galat dude in nightmare_edana calls you "felshlings" instead of "fleshlings". Also, this Galat NPC is just hilarious! Great addition

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Found some more thingies:
- If the giant fire beetle in phlames explodes, he does blunt damage. Shouldn't that be fire damage?
Odd, says it is...
- The fallen armor in b_castle isn't tagged as a boss but maybe this is intentional? Dunno.
Fixed.
- When the phoenix armor restores your health, the game tells you that the pheonix armor restored your health.
Fixed.
- The Galat dude in nightmare_edana calls you "felshlings" instead of "fleshlings". Also, this Galat NPC is just hilarious! Great addition
Heh, think it was the first thing fixed... And give a shout out to SquareSoftKnight, I suppose. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.