Not open for further replies.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
lvb2555 said:
Odd thing happened to me, I tried activating my memorized rejuvinate but was being hit by DoT. Of course it cancelled the spell, but in a very non-traditional manner. I heard the item drop noise. Looked around, nothing dropped, so I started spamming pickup on the floor and I picked up my rejuv spell, ready to cast immediately, but it ran out of time within 5 seconds, so somehow had memory of it's duration between being dropped and the time it took for me to pick it up.
You are probably at or near your item limit, thus you cannot receive the spell, thus some invisible item drops at your feet. Careful using scrolls in that state, a similar issue happens, and unlike spells, you can accidentally lose scrolls.

lvb2555 said:
Also, the Dragoon caves boss loses base damage resistance if he uses a POP and then the POP runs out. It's not much, just seems odd (I wonder if the bandit boss does the same thing). Throwing out numbers, I could be whacking him for average of 95 damage or so with a P. Skullblade, if he uses a POP and it doesn't 'break' (lasts for the rest of the battle, that's always annoying), when it runs out I'll be doing an extra 15 damage per hit for the rest of the fight.

Meh, a lot of those potions are pretty nasty - and although I canna recall off hand (the core script is ancient) the 60% protection likely does stack with his existing armor (just as it would yours), so that sounds about right.

It's supposed to be possible to cause the bandit/dragoon bosses to "flinch" if you do enough damage while they are drinking their potion, and drop it, but it rarely seems to work right. Despite that, however, folks don't seem to have much trouble taking down the bosses about as fast as intended (if not faster).

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
For some reason I can't seem to hit pouncers that have latched onto players with anything other than a tork bow (Not even dwarven bolts work), which usually means that they'll die.

Unrelated: Are more quickslots going to be added soon?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I think projectiles would be out of the question, with the hitboxes overlapping. You have to go up and hit them with something. (Torkie bows are AOE, so they'd be the obvious exception - hooked on phonix bow and orion bow, also, most likely. Dwarven bolts *might* work, if you aim at the player's feet.)

As for quick slots, you'd have to harass MiB some more. :D

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Keldorn said:
For some reason I can't seem to hit pouncers that have latched onto players with anything other than a tork bow (Not even dwarven bolts work), which usually means that they'll die.

Unrelated: Are more quickslots going to be added soon?
using the lesser ice circle form the hoarfrost also works(and I think most AOE spells would work too.), one of the only ways you can get it off really if your alone and get pounced, might not work fast enough on the higher levels on that map.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Keldorn said:

That doesn't happen all the time, i can kill pouncers in players backs using ice typhoon. When i can't hit them i have to rely on torkbow, even sometimes (rare occasion but happened to me twice now) the pouncer can't be hit with anything.
Also i think pouncers are temporarly damage immune if the player who is stuck with it on his back decides to hit it. This happens often when i see people using hoarfrost circle for no apparent reason (unless this slows them down)...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
cartman-2000 said:
using the lesser ice circle form the hoarfrost also works(and I think most AOE spells would work too.), one of the only ways you can get it off really if your alone and get pounced, might not work fast enough on the higher levels on that map.
Shouldn't. :\ Pouncer should be immune from all damage coming from the player he's riding, regardless of AOE or source. (If it's an elemental effect he might pick up the glow, or be slowed, but shouldn't take any damage.)

He's umm... Inside the same magical field that protects you from your own magic... Yeeeah... That's it... [/troll logic]

lvb2555

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
You are probably at or near your item limit, thus you cannot receive the spell, thus some invisible item drops at your feet. Careful using scrolls in that state, a similar issue happens, and unlike spells, you can accidentally lose scrolls.

I make sure to stay at or near 60, at most I'll go to 63 before I start ditching things I don't need.

Thothie said:
Meh, a lot of those potions are pretty nasty - and although I canna recall off hand (the core script is ancient) the 60% protection likely does stack with his existing armor (just as it would yours), so that sounds about right.

It's supposed to be possible to cause the bandit/dragoon bosses to "flinch" if you do enough damage while they are drinking their potion, and drop it, but it rarely seems to work right. Despite that, however, folks don't seem to have much trouble taking down the bosses about as fast as intended (if not faster).

Aye, but after the POP runs out his base damage resistance is lower than before he drank the potion(probably loses around 10% of his base resistance from what I can tell). The flinching does work, I've made him drop potions of health on the floor many times. Never seen any potion other than health drop from a flinch, but I've made him drop 3 health potions in a single fight but it had no bearing as to how many he drank. I don't mind beating on him for 4 health potions worth of fight time, but when I have to drain 4 health potions worth through a perpetual potion of protection, that's another story :p

Come across another odd bug. Items in chests were stacking on top of one another in the same slot. It happened for a few map loads then stopped abruptly, I don't remember if I had the texture scramble glitch, but if it happens again I'll try and get a better tally of anything it might be connected to.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Shadow Goblin Novice was completely undamagable on orc_for.

Pouncers can't seem to be hit by melee weapons while on someone's back.

2lt. Walter

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Shad_Village crashes when u try to forge vorpal tongue without having all items. Happens to me yesterday after i said "yes" without having 2nd ED.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Lanethan said:
Oh, and to the person who said "Dark/Night Elves," be aware that the MS lore includes Fallen Elves, who are in basically all purposes vampires, whose skin becomes ashen white. These somewhat fill the "Evil elf" role of fantasy cliche, excepting that they share little in common with Elves excepting that they were once elven. They are also some of the most feared creatures existing in Daragoth, as they have innate abilities (being able to pass long distances by stepping into shadows, for example) and properties (nearly invulnerable) that make them basically any given person's worst nightmare.

The current Torky elves aren't vampire-type, because holy weapons = no damage, except for ihotohr.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Lanethan decided to pull away from anything drow'ish long ago... Made some effort to make the Torkie elves less drow'ish, although the suggestion was half-followed at best, though mostly due to models we had on hand.

So the Torkie we wound up with aren't truly evil, just misunderstood (and pissed as hell because of it).

Ihotohr is holy vulnerable for the same reason Keledros is - ie. imbued with far too much dark magic/necromancy. (Thus, both misunderstood, pissed, *and* truly evil.)

It is true, however, we do eventually have to explain where all this bottled vampire blood comes from. ;)

haseo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Don't know if it's been mentioned but there's a few items (non-pots / non-arrows) that the banker won't turn into tickets.

* Most of the polearms
* The Helm of Dead
* Snake Staff
* An armor of thee name I don't remember D:

Also an curruption of Heavy Crossbow prob due to the new sprite update where the item can't find the correct sprite ID and causes the game to crash and kills the item, there might be other items effected of this but it's been a while since I played msc so i have no clue what stuff I lost.

birds.wav or whatever is missing in the installer.exe and/or update.exe, daragoth is one of the maps that nags about it.

highranked players joining and during mapchange has caused the game to die for me, either it's a bad item or well somethings.. what happened was that we were a full or nearly full server doing old haven and on each mapchange I got in first and once the players started joining the game just eventually crashed, of which I think it's an item corruption or character corruption bound to happen.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I thought that came from the 3200 XP vampire in shad_palace :p
Sadly, the only viable vampire I have gotten recently turned out to be both semi-copyrighted and lacking animations. :/ (...and the one Rickler wanted was specifically denied to us.)

haseo said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned but there's a few items (non-pots / non-arrows) that the banker won't turn into tickets.

* Most of the polearms
* The Helm of Dead
* Snake Staff
* An armor of thee name I don't remember D:

Meh, really wanna phase out the ticket system for reasons described yonder. Haven't been updating it with new items. Considering giving the storage chest yet another boost next patch - to see if that helps at all.

haseo said:
Also an curruption of Heavy Crossbow prob due to the new sprite update where the item can't find the correct sprite ID and causes the game to crash and kills the item, there might be other items effected of this but it's been a while since I played msc so i have no clue what stuff I lost.
Incorrectly defined item sprite won't make an item crash - just shows whatever sprite is in the wrong index (or an apple, if the index is out of range). H4xbow seems to be working fine for me though... :\

haseo said:
highranked players joining and during mapchange has caused the game to die for me, either it's a bad item or well somethings.. what happened was that we were a full or nearly full server doing old haven and on each mapchange I got in first and once the players started joining the game just eventually crashed, of which I think it's an item corruption or character corruption bound to happen.
High ranking players load themselves with more items, so they are more likely to dump the server when they join. (And yes, older characters are also more likely to have a bunk item on them.)

haseo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Incorrectly defined item sprite won't make an item crash - just shows whatever sprite is in the wrong index (or an apple, if the index is out of range). H4xbow seems to be working fine for me though... :\
I got two exit crashes after the later patch(es), I don't know what the first one caused but when the second one came I prnt-screened it
fatalerrorweapon.png
and after loading up the game my heavy xbow was gone, I also got this confirmed by someone else who was with the team doing old helena, and apparently he lost his twice.

Thothie said:
Meh, really wanna phase out the ticket system for reasons described yonder. Haven't been updating it with new items. Considering giving the storage chest yet another boost next patch - to see if that helps at all.
pl0x minor and/or medium bag of holding at suitable levels, ie minor to be bought at helena and medium at some medium ranked map, I try to get the bag doing old helena but it's either never there or I never get hold of a party doing the damn map enough times.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Talking about heavy crossbows, i lost 2 of those while doing the_wall. For some reason that map eats hxbow too often for me >_< It can happen anywhere though, i can't really use hxbow anymore since it goes poof every 2 or 3 days when im playing often.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I thought you had a steam crossbow...? Those are vastly better, so what are you even complaining about?

J-M v2.5.5 said:
I'm not going to bother getting a steam crossbow because they suck ass.

+1 lol

(Actually, why are you bothering with carrying around any crossbows when you have max archery?)

Anyway, check that you have this file in your accountname/half-life/msc/models/weapons folder haseo.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20248356/p_weapons3.mdl

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I'm not going to bother getting a steam crossbow because they suck ass.
I never said that... in the boards.

Of course not. You didn't say that about the pharaoh lance either when it came out and you tried it. :JM:

I like having all items on my characters. Heavy crossbow eats less bolts compared to steam crossbow. And i consider steam crossbow to be a toy weapon, since it's not really usefull to kill strong enemies...

Keldorn said:
(Actually, why are you bothering with carrying around any crossbows when you have max archery?)

So you are telling me, when you max out a skill, all weapons related to said skill should be thrown away and not used?
Just because i have lvl 40 archery doesn't mean i can not use weapons related to that skill in order to have fun. Besides i'm an item collector, i enjoy having all items on me.

Note: My previous post wasn't really complaining about anything, was more like trying to backup haseo's claim about heavy crossbow glitches and was also pointing out that it should be fixed as fast as possible because everyone that has one of those, they usually vanish in less than a week, meaning they have to keep getting them over and over (extremelly annoying in the end).

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Knock on wood, I've yet to lose a haxbow. My chaos torkie on the other hand decided to disappear on me last week.

Zeus, you may want to cycle all your items. It may take a while but if you find a corrupted item it'll probably help with items going poof.

Then again, I play considerably less than you, so that could be a factor as well.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Keldorn said:
Anyway, check that you have this file in your accountname/half-life/msc/models/weapons folder haseo.

Game wouldn't even load without that file, so tis not the issue - this is not the first report we've had of the game "forgetting" that file is loaded though. :\

PS. With most error pop-ups you can Ctrl+C and copy the text in the pop-up to the clipboard - saves the effort of screenshots.

haseo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Keldorn said:

Game wouldn't even load without that file, so tis not the issue - this is not the first report we've had of the game "forgetting" that file is loaded though. :\

PS. With most error pop-ups you can Ctrl+C and copy the text in the pop-up to the clipboard - saves the effort of screenshots.
Will do, I used that "feature" in the past with some other app but not all error-msg-windows support it, and yea I have that file, first thing I did after this crash was to look for it.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Almost every item has the correct icon now, but there's still some errors:
  • The great sword uses frame #94 (of a non-existant sword) but it looks like this. There's no frame in 640_allitems.spr with the correct icon.
  • The stiletto uses frame #14, but it looks like this. The correct frame is #170.
  • The small dagger and dirk both use frame #46, but they look like this. The correct frame is #170.
  • All four hugger daggers use frame #31 but they look like this. The correct frame is frame #172.
  • The fang's tooth uses frame #56 but it looks like this. The correct frame is #172.
  • The rusted axe uses frame #68 but it looks like this. The correct frame is #177.
  • The small axe uses frame #177 but it looks like this. The correct frame is #68.
  • The axe uses frame #68 but it looks like this. The correct frame is #75.
  • The war hammer uses frame #45 but it looks like this. The correct frame is #71.
  • The spear uses frame #182 (of a non-existant pole arm) but it looks like this. The correct frame is #187.
  • The harpoon uses frame #187 but it looks like this. The correct frame is #181.
  • The crossbow uses frame #77 (of a non-existant crossbow) but it looks like this. There's no frame in 640_allitems.spr with the correct icon.
  • The hide armor uses frame #37 (of a non-existant vest) but it looks like this. The correct frame is #156.
  • The last one! Warning: serious nitpicking. Spot the error.
Click here to download a ZIP file with correct icons for the great sword, crossbow and training shield (with yellow outline).

Seven of the nine 'default' skeletons revert to the standard submodel (that of the Skeleton Warrior) when they have a custom name. These are:
  • Walking Ashes (monsters/skeleton2[_once])
  • Hungry Skeleton (monsters/hunger[_once])
  • Awakened Guardian (calruin/corpse[_once])
  • Enraged Skeleton (calruin/corpse2[_once])
  • Living Dead (calruin/livingdead[_once])
  • Fragile Knight (monsters/tcadaver[_once])
  • Fallen Knight (calruin/undeadwarrior[_once])
See this map to see what the problem is.

When trying to put one of the following four (unused) crests in a container, you will crash the entire server:
  • The Crest of the Christian Warriors of God
  • The Crest of The Dark Elves of Torkalath
  • The Crest of The Wildfire Legion
  • The Crest of The Elves of Forest Croth
The error that shows up is this:
bug_crests2.png
If you ask me, it's the long item names that causes the crashing. It's the only thing these four crests have in common, which the others do not.
Also, "The Crest of the Dark Paladins" has a potion as world model, instead of a package, like every other crest has. It doesn't crash the game though. Which must mean that the maximum length for an item name is either 30 or 31 characters.
:themoreyouknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.