Bugs, bugs, and even more bugs

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
First, I would like to say that your mod is fantastic. I've always been a fan of RPGs but things like Runescape and Diablo (click, click, click) just weren't my thing. MS is not a very big universe, but it's perfect. Well, almost perfect. That's why i posted :p

Here are some bugs:

1. Weapon buying. e.g. I have a mace. I have 800 gold. I buy a maul. The maul disappears. My backpack is empty O_O I lose my gold...this bug works for everything else as well when theres no space in your backpack. There should be a 'Backpack too full!' message instaed of wasting money. This is especially annoying when you do 'quests' such as the mayor-orc one. I go in there, talk to the mayor, open the treasure chest, get the stuff, go back, get the letter, then i find out that the letter (the ONLY thing to get it done) has disappeared.

2. Backpack/sack. There is this little exploit I discovered. I had a heavy weap, a knife, and several boar skins. I ran outta space (i also had my knife out.) Seeing this, I drop my knife. Then my mace. Then i collect the boarskin on the ground. I then stuff my mace back in (successfully) and get knife-killing. This also works in all other cases.

3. Shields. I think this is a pretty obvious one that the MS team well knows. The shields don't do ANY protection or lower the chance of the enemy hitting you.

4. Monsters. The biggest exploit I've seen (and done) is getting on top of your target. I can kill bears without getting a scratch by jumping on top of them in a certain place, then beating the hell outta them.

5. Animations. As far as I know, there are no crouching animations for weapons.

6. Map. Not a bug, but I think it would be VERY nice to the player to know how the hell to get anywhere beyond the Thornlands, Dark Forest, and the caves. I mean, tell them that if they go far enough in a certain sector, they will find the city. Probably the only times I got close to going to another city was when ppl purposefully voted to change map.

7. It's not a very well-known bug, but I've found that if I go into the actor's house basement at the edge of MScave I cannot attack with a knife. I dunno about other sword weapons but my maul certainly works.

8. Weapons again. Another note about the weapons. I've noticed that, for the weapon situation, when I buy a high-level weapon (such as a maul) with the weapon 1 level under it (such as a mace) in my inventory (or out) it will not appear. I lose money, no maul. I'm unhappy. I DO have a solution for that, which is to buy the weapon 1 level up from rusty weap, then buy the high-level weapon.

9. There is a map bug in Edana. The stairway next to Bryan's cart that leads to the merchant square has a bad step that is jammed. It's the 3-4th step and off to the far left on it.

10. Hartold the healer cannot be communicated over teh counter (press e). You have to either talk to him (say "buy" in regular chat) or get behind teh counter and press e. It's not a big of a deal but still...

11. There is also another bug. I'm very unsure about its functions...but here goes. I go with another person to Helena and kick some orcish ass. After a while the fighting drags on and on and on. Suddenly, after i had a potion, I couldn't get to my backpack (thus my maul) anymore. I couldn't remove anything either. I run about punching orcs until the game crashes. I restart the game and find out MY CHARACTER IS F**KIN GONE! Had to start all damn over again >_>...without easylevels (i hate that :evil: )

So, there you go...if all of these have been talked about before, please tell me.

Dogg

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, when creating MS:C, these were the bugs that got the most attention and were fixed first.

Cyax

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Please tell me you fixed the bugs in the map, that floatin' mountain always bothered me the 500 or mroe times i passed it.... :roll:

Cyax

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
J-M Remember when you leave the temple, you start goin up the horribly textured mountainside and you see BAM a mountain floating exactly 16 uints above the other portion of the mountain, then you surve into the boar place.