calruins

darkdain

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ok i've butchered my way passed the 2nd riddlemaster for the second time, i come to this last small room where, the first time, had a few undead and spawned waves of bats (like in origonal) but the spikes didnt move after they all were dead! so i go through again, this time, waves of undead, after i kill them, spikes still no move! i been here all day :( wat gives?

P.S. already double checked each room 4 baddies.

Skillasaur

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
i couldnt get past 1st riddlemaster [never was much good at riddles :/]

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'll look at the map and see if something needs ripenting - sounds like the old monster_spawn chain bug - but it seems fairly rare on my server at least - seems these kids made it to Clarian like eight times today.

I have fixed the Calruin spawn (where everyone tends to get glued together) - but I want to get thornlands (spider) and challs (bridge) fixed and uploaded in one package before I release any more package. PM if yer hosting, desperate and want a the fix sooner.

wssplat

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yea, in the last rooms before the boss, the monsters can spawn in the wall partially. I found it a bit annoying, but it hasnt stopped me from doing calruin runs over and over.

Pyros_15000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
With all these skeles spawning in walls and ceilings, couldn't you instead have them come up out of the ground like the zombies in They Hunger?

RayonMazter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Calruins still crapped

This bug still seems to be around. I have made 3 attempts with the riddlemasters.

One time the first one wouldn't spawn because a skeleton spawned in the wall somewhere, and 2 other times, bats spawned in the wall.

Map would be fun if it wasn't so glitched, but right now it's a pain in the ass.

(Yes my calruin is patched)

RayonMazter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ahh, I see calruins2. Must be the fixed version.

Maybe have the map updater delete the old calruin

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Garontho and the horrors dont spawn, and a message saying "map dated" or something like that

dizzy

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
heres a hint, Why Lies Ahead of you Each time you talk to riddle master. an the last 1 is a toughie an it starts with a T

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
FER said:
Garontho and the horrors dont spawn, and a message saying "map dated" or something like that
If ya get that the map didn't patch right. Check the BSP date on Calruin2 after installing the betapack.

Hakufu Sonsaku

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I tried patching my maps about 5 times now with the may2007a beta installer, and the bsp continually stays at the 2006 version, any help?

EDIT: Also tried using my friends most recent version, but that too said its outta date, can anyone link me to the most recent patched version so i can reattempt? thanks!

Hakufu Sonsaku

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Just got the .bsp, .map and .res files for calruin2 off a mate, all obviously patched with the may installer. We attempt blacksmith on my server again, bam, says its still dated for me. Is there any hope for me?

RayonMazter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Running a Dedicated server?

If so, did you run the patch, then copy the maps folder over to the other msc directory in the dedicated server folder?
Patching half-life/msc folder only updates client-side. You would need to patch the dedicated server folder as well.

Sorry if this was obvious to you.

Arkanthis

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have been having the same problem. I download calruin2 from Thothies page and installed, but every time we get to the blacksmith it says the map is dated. I am also running a listenserver.

Sosuke

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yea getting the same problem im trying to get my server up again fully before opening to all but i keep hitting problems heer and there : /

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
its simple to setup the dedicated server just follow these simple steps

1. download the client

2. download latest beta patch

3. download all the custom maps you want

4. install the client to your HLDS folder mine : C:/hlserver

5. install all the maps to the newly created msc folder mine : C:/hlserver/msc

6. install latest beta patch to the server msc folder mine : C:/hlserver/msc

7. now setup the server.cfg file as needed

*optional amx and a restarter program*

[AMX]
1. download amx from thothies site

2. install the amx to the the msc folder mine : C:/hlserver/msc

3. configure the amx.cfg file mine : C:/hlserver/msc/addons/amx/config

[restarter program]
*I recommend server checker*

1. download the server checker

2. install

3. start the server checker

4. configure the server checker (shouldn't be to hard to figure out)

5. start your server

This is basically a simplified version of thothies how to on server setup. If you followed these steps your maps should all patch up just fine. This is assuming you actually push yes to everything when installing the beta patch you need the libraries if you wish the map patching to work right.

If in fact its still not working our for you, I think there is a pre patched file floating around the forums some where, and if you can't find it I can zip up my map folder and host it someplace for download.

hope this helps

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You do have to apply any map patches after you download the maps from my page. Meaning: If you download a new map, you must re-apply the betapatch.

Too much trouble for me to re-upload every BSP every time we have a map patch, easier just to hope that bit sinks in. ;)

Sosuke

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I've redone this over and over trying not patching them and patching them reinstalled the whole server about 3 times but every time that map gives me trouble ...