Pirates, Vikings and Knights II?
Eclipse?
Age of Chivalry?
Empires?
The Hidden?
Iron Grip: The Oppression?
Goldeneye: Source?
Hostile Intent?

From the above list, I've played Dystopia, Eternal Silence II, Eclipse and The Hidden and I really don't call these mods failures, not at all. I've had more fun in Dystopia than I've had in most mods for Goldsource/Source.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
What ever Glorfindel says, this mod is not dead. I have been in dead mods before, and its nothing like this. Every mod is different so you can't judge it until its declared released/dead. Plus, this mod will definitely not die, even if I would have to do it all myself.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Glorfindel said:
Every single other mod failed out there
Dystopia?
Synergy?
Insurgency?
Eternal Silence II?
Pirates, Vikings and Knights II?
Eclipse?
Age of Chivalry?
Empires?
The Hidden?
Iron Grip: The Oppression?
Goldeneye: Source?
Hostile Intent?

From the above list, I've played Dystopia, Eternal Silence II, Eclipse and The Hidden and I really don't call these mods failures, not at all. I've had more fun in Dystopia than I've had in most mods for Goldsource/Source.

mot of those are still alive, quite alot, also that Aage of Chilvalry is new so it aint really that dead

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
this thread is about character building in master sword, and ways to implement specialization through equipment.

Thanks a lot f.ucktard for throwing in u bullshit about this mod being dead.

and shame on all of you for having to prove that hes wrong.

-relevant posts 30% irrelevant posts 70%

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
People get better. We try to make our maps better and weapons more different. Can't you see the mod is still a BETA, NOT FINISHED. Thothie has plans on changing the gameplay, and since hes the only coder we'll have to wait a sweet amount of time.

If the maps are stupid and the weapons are just reskins, then move your ass and help if you are so experienced at working in mods.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If the armors are gonna be like that, at least make it so any class can wear any armor. Imagine farming CotBG until you find an armor, just to find out that it's the wrong armor that spawned, so it was all useless.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I think Divination should include a spell which causes your MP to take a hit instead of your health. That > armor.

Tirex

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I agree that there should be armor types for each specialization.
Restrictions or not, you could always trade a mages robe for a rangers suit whit another player, so its not a big problem.

Oh and... LONG LIVE MASTER SWORD!

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Sorry I'm so pessimistic, but I have been on so many mods that have failed on both HL and Source, and been on a few that have made it to a release. And just from what I see, neither MSS or MSC have elements from the mods that reached success. And yes J-M, you certainly have a good list of mods there, but none of those mods had as few real committed developers as MSS. Committed, meaning, producing content every single week. Oh, don't have any of those? :|

FER, every mod never leaves Beta status, until you release a final version.

And yes, mario, its obvious that everything I said was "shit" simply because I'm not as biased or experienced in the mod field as you.

and whats with the curse filter, too many kids on the forum?

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Glorfindel said:
And yes, mario, its obvious that everything I said was "****" simply because I'm not as biased or experienced in the mod field as you.

What's this I hear? Oh? You're the douche who pulled my thread off topic?

Wait, I hear you now, you're the guy who goes around "nay-saying" mods, then YES you have more experience than me in your mod field.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:
Glorfindel said:
And yes, mario, its obvious that everything I said was "****" simply because I'm not as biased or experienced in the mod field as you.

What's this I hear? Oh? You're the douche who pulled my thread off topic?

Wait, I hear you now, you're the guy who goes around "nay-saying" mods, then YES you have more experience than me in your mod field.
This needs a ZING!

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
New content every WEEK?! If that's your idea of "dedicated", then pretty much no one lives up to your expectations, Glorfindel. We churn out a patch each month; that's better than most MMORPG schedules when you look at it. I put my free time into developing for this mod, I really don't like it when people label my work as being for naught.