Character Reset?

Should the characters be reset in the final '1.01' patch?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't care

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
My char is 315hp, I got perfect skullblade, fang tooth, almost every uber stuff we can find yet, and almost all of my skills are above lv 15 , some higher (except magic)...and I absolutely agree with char reseting. Because I don't consider playing MS:C as WORK

X-tri

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I vote Yes, for reset, I have just worked on my char for 4 days, it was pretty much work but I still want to get all exploits and shit away and start fresh ;)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well id just pray no passes yes and we wont losse our characters...nevertheless...if no actually wins...then we need to upgrade all characters so it wont be possible to revisit 1.0 and get loads of illegal cash.

DReaM

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well the point of all this would be to make the characters from 1.0 and 1.01 final not compatible with each other. So this would not be an issue anyway. But about how long do you think its going to take for the final 1.01 to be released?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I voted yes, delete them, so everybody gets equal chances.

And whoever does the work on Edana, add a func_monsterclip in the door opening to the healing pool, like... now. Remember how a certain person around here sat a whole night in the pool why rats attacked him to get mad parry skills? Repeats of that 'accident' don't seem needed to me.

And by the way, I just lost my Blizzard scroll, Lightning Storm scroll and Longsword in what appears to be an error to save my char (was playing ten minutes in Deralia). Probably because of the backup server which doesn't appear to be really stable.

So what the hell, delete the chars already. :p

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah but the character in official server etc. WONT be upgraded if a reset is made...means they are gone...and i worked too hard on my char......what i say is that we should upgrade all official server and fuznet chars to 1.01 and make an imcompativility with others

PyraniumLeFou

New Adventurer
Reaction score
People will run their own old version server to cheat.
The server don't always appear in the Steam list of server. By example with some firewall or a router.

And I spent 40 hours of my holyday to make my character...

So I will stop playing until you decide if character will be reseted.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
If the characters will be reset it means the MS: C team will change the build version of .char files, meaning that v1.01 chars won't work on v1.00 and v1.00 chars won't work on v1.01. So if they reset you can't just go back to v1.00 to cheat.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
exactly what i say they should.
except that they should not reset.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Shoot, if you really want to cheat, you shouldn't have done it on the FN servers in the first place. You should have made it a client stored character so that you wouldn't have to worry about it, that is why that option is there. I think it is kind of insulting that you would use the central servers to exploit, when the whole reason it [central server] was made was to keep fair and balanced play for everyone.

Learn from your mistakes, if you exploited on the FN servers, you deserve to lose that character. Keep the FN servers clean for those of us that want a clean game.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Btw Kuro, to avoid more bugs/exploits, relase the 1.01 full to some people so they can make sure its bug/exploit free.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I think 1.01 will be a collection of all things in the current dev patches that we already know work, since we are testing them right now.

But it still might be a good idea... :roll: i dunno

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
noooo...28vs23...fate is used...or magic...nevertheless looks liek wel oose our chars...

Mordred

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If there should be a reset i think it should first happen if all bugs are fixed that could make another reset necessary.

imkongkong

New Adventurer
Reaction score
if you are going to reset, DONT reset the character stats. gold and equipment would sound fair to reset, because too many hours were put into leveling up a character

-=Night Goul=-

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If you gunna reset equipment you might as well reset stats. This mods been out for like how long? 1 week and a half. Its not like you gunna have 200 in bluntarms or anything.

imkongkong

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i doubt someone could use a "cheat" to raise their stats, since their stats were fairly leveled up. The equipment and gold is understandable. the only problem is that exploits were use to get gold and money, that's the only problem where there was cheating.

it's like saying my car's stereo was stolen! i might as well buy a new car because it's missing its stereo

instead of just fixing the problem of the stereo, you're replacing the entire thing

Status
Not open for further replies.