DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Thothie said:
>_>

But it is true - since we can - what possible advantage could there be to the first model then?

Well I think the possible advantage of separate windows would be the unique shapes. Take for example, a WoW style inventory. You press one button and all these tiny inventory bags with tiny icons pop up on the right side of the screen. They kind of make an L shape. I'm not sure how they look in endgame, but I'm sure they don't ever shape in the way that they could share a tabbed window with the character screen.

If I remember correctly, the char equip screen/attribute screen was tabbed and shared with stuff like guild and what not. Then I think the magic window had several tabs, but they were all magic related. Or maybe I'm combining LOTRO and WoW in my head. (To me they were pretty much the same game :p)

Anyway my point is, I don't think the inventory should follow the same window template with the other UI windows. However, it is possible to have all of the non inventory windows pop up on a single tabbed window. I think that would be the real way to combine systems 1 and 2, because it isn't just the controls that matter but the size and shape of the window too.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, except all of the inventory windows are designed in such a way that they have the same size as the character info window. Even in the Internal Alpha they're like that. It's not a "bulky menu", the window isn't that big. I'll probably make a toggle of some sort, since I personally prefer the tabbed window system.

Supercoke

New Adventurer
Reaction score
System 2 would be great, but make it so that the panel "remembers" what tab you had it on when you closed the thing.
That way If I close it while looking at [Skills - Axe Handling] when I hit tab it will open to [Skills - Axe Handling] again.

thesupersoup

Adventurer
Lead MSU Developer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Supercoke said:
System 2 would be great, but make it so that the panel "remembers" what tab you had it on when you closed the thing.
That way If I close it while looking at [Skills - Axe Handling] when I hit tab it will open to [Skills - Axe Handling] again.

Orochi?

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Yes? :p

This is your call mate, not mine. In the end someone has to make a decision. I can certainly add tab memory by way of clientside cvars.

thesupersoup

Adventurer
Lead MSU Developer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Orochi said:
I can certainly add tab memory by way of clientside cvars.

Sounds great!

Let the record publicly show that there will be "tab memory".

Supercoke

New Adventurer
Reaction score
thesupersoup said:
Orochi said:
I can certainly add tab memory by way of clientside cvars.

Sounds great!

Let the record publicly show that there will be "tab memory".

Wow.
Never thought someone would listen to that...
Cool.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
what ever you do (when your in your inventory make them all accessible i don't like having to click each and everyone and scroll through each one. small bags carry small amounts, medium bags slightly more, large bags a lot. but make it to where all item slots can be shown at once.)

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
That's the plan. Even Brian's original setup was like that.