Custom map won't load :(

Scottc

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I added the helena transition because I thought it may have made it work. I'm not sure why the map didn't work. What I want to do is create a castle and recreate my old tavern map inside this castle, as well as many other indoor area's. The map will never run though... Heres the ent file.
Code:
{
"wad" "\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\daragoth.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\edana.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\deralia.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\ms_village.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\edanasewers.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\gatecity.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\goblintown1.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\goblintown.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\mastersword.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\medieval.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\ms_generic.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\thornlands.wad;\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\half-life\msc\lmtex.wad\ûGW™@"
"mapversion" "220"
"MaxRange" "9000"
"sounds" "1"
"skyname" "grnplsnt"
"classname" "worldspawn"
"classname" "worldspawn"
}
{
"origin" "-32 0 76"
"classname" "ms_player_begin"
}
{
"origin" "-40 -20 400"
"classname" "ms_player_spec"
}
{
"origin" "-472 24 76"
"message" "helena"
"classname" "ms_player_spawn"
}
{
"model" "*1"
"desttrans" "prelude"
"destmap" "helena"
"destname" "the town of Helena"
"targetname" "helena"
"classname" "msarea_transition"
}

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There's an error in your wad list (read to the end of the worldspawn's wad list).

It's either that you've got foreign characters in your wad list, or there are just too many wad dependencies.

I recommend using less wads (you don't need every wad - usually just two or three will do). Hammer will also be more stable this way. Alternatively, make your own custom wad with wally, and use -nowadtextures on compile. The textures will then be integrated into the map and you won't need to port the wad file with it.