Difficulty!

What do you think of the current difficulty in MSC

• It's EASY!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh, it's moderate. You should be in a party to beat each quest.

• Too hard! Even with a party it's impossible! Exploits here I come!

• Total voters

mrfranswa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks the game is just a little TOO difficult. I mean, I'm level 8, I've saved up for studded leather, have level 10 knife, and I STILL can't do any quest!. The Virus Scorpio dudes are in almost every quest, and they deal something like 20 damage per spit, not to mention their bite.

I think there needs to be more low level quests. The last game was almost ALL low level quests, and the game was over in 2 days. Now, I played for a day and got bored of it, so I started lowering the gravity and exploring, (btw I can't even get to all of the maps).

Does anyone else feel the same?

RothGelen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Persoanlly, I too think that the difficulty of the game is quite high...

This can be obvious because there is no low level quests. I suggest after bugs and server crashes are fix there is adjustments to the gameplay.

airxl

New Adventurer
Reaction score
its not that hard, jus take ur time, i did the whole way in the haunted forest to that light (didn found that damn ring and there was nothing at the light :s) but i made it, i didn killed those green spiders,those are TOO strong,i just RUNNED!!! :d ,just take ur time, rest where u can rest and thats it

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I think its perfect the way it is, MS 1.1 was WAY harder.

mrfranswa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well, to get that light thing, u gotta kill ALL of those virus scorpo dudes.

The only way I've been able to even kill the is by summoning a buttload of rats, and then hittin it from behind

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
The virus scorpio spiders would be great for later quests. But having them that strong for the spider quest is a bit excessive. At the very least have a seprate one for the spider caves and use it later.

Otherwise I quite like the level of difficult so far.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i was suprised at how much harder it was than 1.35 :oldcry:
im so poor lol

AmIAnnoyingNow

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Those spiders definately do too much dmg compared to other spiders, but if you get up close to they sometimes they cant attack, but i have a level 12 with 173 hp and i still cant take out more than 2, i think its the poison...

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
lol i was like level 4 and i took out 6 of em >_>
and i like that cool attack they do when they jump on your face (that scared the shiet outta me) :oops:

vertthrasher

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah those new green spiders are WAY too powerful. I actually skipped over the spider quest because I was just exploring around the new places, and the first one I saw was in the gate city catacombs or whatever the hole leads to. JEEZ even though I was a level 13 sword it brought me down to 4hp and its minions killed me off. I was fine with the old green spiders. Although I would say its moderate, you could beat any of the quests I have seen so far with just one person. I have mainly played through by myself the majority of the time due to the new character saving system by server (for some reason even though i select client based character, in other client based servers I can't use my client based character)

DReaM

New Adventurer
Reaction score
How easy do you really want it to be? Honestly, I have not had enough patience with the bugs in the game to get as far as some of you are talking about, but 1.35 was way too easy. I think that because of all the 1.35 players you are expecting it to be a piece of cake again. I think its a good thing that it's hard as long as it gets easier when you level. Do you even know about what level you need to be to go on these quests? Or how strong a player they were made for? From what I have played so far, it really doesn't seem that bad at all.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
make it a little easier, or... i was thinkin of making a servermod to change the exp so its easier or harder and have 2 servers running at once (high rates and low rates).
that would be sechsy if its possible. :wink:

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I don't want MSC to be easier, harder please! I'm having a lot of fun going with a lot of people to Heras and doing team work! Not like in MS 1.3.

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
think this version is hard to level up and do quests? play 1.01, it was nearly impossible to level your skills up at all, except pickpocketing, and back then, they said "what's a quest?"...

i say leave it the way it is, i personally play with my 2 sisters (or will be if it would quit crashing before i can even make a game) and we always work together for one thing or another... back in 1.3, if it didn't crash, you could solo helena with enough health potions, nowadays it's just a town, so i guess in theory you can solo it at level 1 :p

DReaM

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yes but you should still be able to play alone, even if you need to be a much higher level to do quests like Helena. If it were too hard to solo in 1.35, I doubt the people that were still playing it would have been. And Thothie's Helena was pretty hard to solo especially the hardms one, which you'd probobly have to die alot to do.

Edit: This leads to a quick question. How similar is the hp/strength to 1.35? If I get everything to 20 would it still = 4xx hp?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Wait till you tangle will Calrian... OMFG MEAN! :oldshock:

Actually, I prefer it this way. It'll keep the game alive a lot longer. Besides, there aren't very many places where you *have* to go by something tough as nails - such adventures are strictly for the bold and PL'd.

However, I think we really need a server level limiter option. It would be nice to gather players based on level. It always sucks having five adventurers following three 15th level Titans. ms_svmaxlevel ms_svminlevel would be nice... But tis early to think of these sorts of things yet. Devs busy working on the game limiting bugs just now (memory leak, etc). Go devs go! :)
Gimli: "I R dropping frames! FFS"
**Event Fire: Avalanche
Gimli: "Gandalf, teh draw distance is too far!1!!1"
Gandalf: "**Sigh. Moria?"
Gimli votes to change map to Moria
Votes 4 of 4 required
Legolas: "lolol Gimli, get a new rig!"
- l0rd of t3h r|n6z

Thothie

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
dude, how the hell do you get past the silly riddler?

and why does the ess have to suck =[

i think they should just make stuff cost less and have monsters give more money. armor helps soooo much. and have a good weapon helps even more if you want to level fast. my blunt arms was at 6, i got a great maul, started killing skellies in sfor in two hits with the charge, and i was lvl 9 in like 5-10 mins

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
With exception of the green spiders in thronlands I'm liking it.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ya ive gone up a few levels and its not that bad anymore
<3 :wink:

vertthrasher

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Green spiders are retarded, I am fine with every other enemy except those and trolls freaking 40dmg per hit and when you spend an hour killing them they crash the game. Oh and i dunno if it was a single time bug but the semi massive spider the tidus texturlus or whatever it was called i dunno doesn't give you ANY experience.

Thor-Stryker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Basically, what happens, is that the character has to level each skill (Knife, Sword, Axe, Blunt.) and gain the initial Health bonus from the weapons. You can choose to lvl one or two skills so you can get your title, but theres never been a limit on how much skills you can level up. Like, lvl 5 in every skill adds over 100 health to you.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
the virus consputo aint giving exp either.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I voted easy.
well, it's kinda hard to start and I really liked it, but as many have said, once we train in every skills, we're almost unbeatable cuz we have too much HP and when we get that great maul, we lv up kinda fast too so we get even more unbeatable. Some restrictions to lv up other skills would limit the number of HP we can get so difficulty as it is, it would be perfect.
Only with a restriction to skills I'd say perfect :wink: