Some feedback

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've been here (7 years actually)

I've heard Thothie is trying to get this on greenlight, which would be really great and probably pull in tons of new players. I know a few professional voice actors who would gladly replace some of the ~fantastic~ (or stolen) voices from the game for free. If you're interested, just send me a PM with the details.

Anyways, I also have feedback/suggestions I'd like to share with you guys. I'm fine with the game as it is, but these are just things I've noticed people complaining about a lot.

Stuns
I feel like one of the WORST features of the PvE in this game is being stunned. I'm okay with slowed/frozen/etc (at least you can counter being frozen with potions), but when I basically get thrown out of the game for what seems to be TEN SECONDS, and after the stun is over, i get stunned AGAIN, it's just so annoying, and I'm sure a lot of other people feel this way too. Lower level people with no Helm of Stability basically get wrecked (hope you did your daily sacrifice to RNJesus btw)

Instead of having a STUN status effect, could it be replaced (or at least nerfed) to something like Broken Armor which reduces your damage reduction? Although, i'm pretty sure there's two different stuns, there's some sort of mini-stun where you can slightly move and still attack, then there's the stun which basically just keeps you from doing anything. --Damage Reduction is almost never used, I've only seen it used by the acid lance, which is actually pretty cool.

Spells
Spells are so underwhelming. I honestly never see anyone use them for anything other than leveling (aside from ice shield and healing ring of course, they're basically the only redeeming factors.) Also, divination is so terrible to level up without the holy weapons.

I know a lot of weapons have built in spells, but there should be a reason for someone to toss magic around instead of just beating things to death with hammers. The Dark Staff has great utility, so I see nothing wrong with it really. Although, the Ice and Fire staff seem pretty underwhelming. (not actually sure about those two, but I never see anyone use them other than to mess around)

Also, lightning damage from monsters is COMPLETELY insane. Until you get the lightning resist ring, it's outrageous how much damage you're going to be receiving, and as a bonus to that, it applies a strong DoT with drunken vision.

Crafting
Crafting is a new feature(to me) and it's really great. The problem is, you have to do a massive gauntlet series to obtain 4 of the items (tomahawks) and it's ridiculous. If I had to run 4 different gauntlet maps, I'd be completely fine with it, as I wouldn't have to kill maldora 4 times. It gets incredibly boring. This is a feature that could completely fix the drop system complaints, just make entire weapons rare, and components common (or uncommon) and make it so you can forge most of the weapons.

However, having a million components would probably be bad, seeing as how characters are more likely to be corrupted.

Weapons
I understand changing this would basically change gameplay significantly, but the RNG hit or miss chance really sucks. You could just make heavier weapons like the Greater Lightning Axe, Great Axe, Blood Axe, etc just swing slower, so their massive damage is still balanced. Missing something ten times in a row is not fun at all, and it really kills off some of the weapons that have a lot of potential. The balance subskill could go into something other than miss chance, like critical hit or something, even though that doesn't exist. I don't really care about the miss chance at all, but axes are just so lame to use.

Chromatic Vest
This thing has so much potential, but it's garbage as it is right now. 40% damage reduction, 100% to one RANDOM element. There's almost no point in using it because of that. Why not make it give a global reduction to all elements, like 25% or something, and then it selects a random element to be 50% reduction? It would be pretty balanced considering most end-game armor alternatives have 50-60% damage reduction. This thing is also a high-level rare, so I don't see why not.

Armor Suggestions
Lead Armor, heavy armor with a 50-60% damage reduction and gives you a full leadfoot effect while equipping it. The drawback would be unable to run while it was equipped, so you have less mobility. Raven Mace would probably make up for it, though

Acid & Envenomed Plate - minor suggestion; could you swap the models on these? Envenomed armor looks more like the magical cloud of poison, while the acid plate looks like something that would poison you if you decided to take a bite or whatever out of it. (I may have these two mixed up, don't know ! ! !)

Robes(?) that give you magical bonuses would be really nice. Too bad those require models.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Problem with chromatic vest is that it spawns in a high level map and it's utility as of now is equal to an item of low to medium tier. High level players only have use for it for the lightning resist, and even then most of us are just too lazy to swap items. Plus we got to give use to the excessive amounts of potions we carry around with us, so even less of a reason to even bother switching armour.

I would suggest using this vest as an ingredient to craft magical leather or some crap. Like a chaotic chrome vest, which increases the potency of spells by a little overall while offering little resist for each element. Elemental specific magic leather that boosts said element two times in power, offering high resist to same element and increasing damage taken from opposite element type that is stronger.

I would suggest more stuff, too lazy right now and got to go sleep. Maybe some other time :wink:

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Problem with chromatic vest is that it spawns in a high level map and it's utility as of now is equal to an item of low to medium tier.

The current vest concept is pretty cool, although the random element factor and low damage reduction just doesn't cut it. I'll occasionally put it on to see if I get lightning, if I don't, I throw it back into the bag of holding. Honestly though, if it gave 20-25% reduction to ALL elements, and 50% to one random one, I'm sure it would be more of a high-end armor.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Still, you are missing a point here. Immunity potions aren't that hard to come by, only lodestones could be considered "hard" as they aren't that common right now. And with this said, the usefullness of this leather armour lies within lower level players, and it drops in a high level map, which doesn't make that much sense to me as the map that drops the vest already drops a crap ton of underlevel gear for what it is, and the vest is a unique piece of gear for said map, more of a reason why it makes little sense.

Which is why i suggest using it in future item crafting, we got weapon crafting in 1 town right now. Eventually we need more stuff like this to keep high-end players busy collecting all the stuff for the new items. Though perhaps it would be a good idea if my previous suggestion was coupled with "picking a path" through questing, as in being forced to pick 1 item transformation for the chromatic vest and you got to stick with it with only being able to change that one for another one (not being able to get one of each type), for a price.