Fiona's List o' Suggestions

scaredwolf

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Righto, Time once again to post a long-ish list of suggestions, some of which I've suggested before, or others might have.

:idea: Dual Weapon Stat :idea: [[Up to more thinking through and such]]

This would create either a new style of weaponry, or with extreme code, a new way to use two weapons at once.

Focusing more on the new style of weapons, because the only coding I know is basic HTML, The simplest forms would be a single, two handed item, that in model and world view, would be two weapons, as in two small arms, two one-handed swords, or two one-handed maces. The ability to use such weapons would require both the DW stat, and the appropriate weapon stat, wheres on a simple basis, would require 1.5 or 2x the weapon stat along with a DW stat for higher things

Examples of this would be, in order to start Dual Welding rusty daggers, you'd have to get at least one level in SA to use it, and the free level 1 in DW would cover it already.

The advantages to using these special weapons are that, for Small arms, the attack power, and speed, would be roughly double, for swords, the power would likely be increased by 1.5x, and speed some other fraction, and Maces being weird to Dual welding already, would only get small bonus only useful for magical one handed things in the long run.

What of magical weapons you ask? Well if dual flametongues are being used...their on attack specials would have double the chance, as well as attacking faster, and doing more base damage.

On the downside though, using these two weapons would disallow a shield, and unless you have trained a whole *Bleep* ton in the skill, the accuracy of /all/ the weapons would be worse than at the similar level of a single one, in number terms, I'd guess about 1.8x less accurate for maces, 1.5x for swords, and 1.3 for Small arms, as they are the easiest to use in both hands.

This also opens up to more special magical items, an example would be a weapon I saw long ago, that had two parts to it, light and dark, it could become 4 different weapons, each side its own sword, one combination Dual weld weapon, and the super two hander one.

:idea: Magic Starter Rods :idea:

Now...we have the snake staff...a wonderful way for low level mages to level up affliction until poison starts to work on stronger rats, and the high leveled spells are unlocked, but what about the other stats?

There should be 3 simple little rods, that can actually be bought, that, on hit, simply deal the elemental damage of the wand type, and train it. They wouldn't have any special ability other than training the magical stats, and dealing exact damage equal to the element they train. You have 20 lightning magic, it does 20 damage.

Of course, being sold, they have to be "Sanctioned" by the good mages of the land, so they only cover Fire, Ice, and Lightning, for divination [Which I personally think should be renamed Holy, and Affliction Dark.] you would need to visit a desecrated temple of some sort, and hope to find it, though it wouldn't be any better than the others.

:idea: Agility for non-metal armor :idea:

While it royally screwed over my character's armor levels, I was thinking that if you need to be strong for metal armor to work, why can't you be quick, so your leathers don't get damaged too much.

While they don't offer as much damage reduction as metal armor, Leathers still serve as quick character's saving grace, and should be considered for armor requirements.

As such, there would have to be more non-metal armors in the game, but I can leave that to other people to suggest serious ideas outside of a semi-solid ramp of "Agility = this armor, which = This percent of reduction". Though Leathers should never get the damage reductions of something made of metal, and the gladiator's armor being the best there is at 45%, it also leads to a "Middle" Class of armors, like the chain mail and such which would be weaker than plate armors, but more than Leathers, requiring a mix of Strength and Agility.

:idea: Head Gear, its not just for Magic! :idea:

A simple suggestion of simple hoods, hats, and other head items in different colors and designs, so people can try to stand out from each other, leading to magical stuff of each sort too, though not as magical as metal pots on our heads, tiny little bonuses that make people smile, like a nice little 5% resistance to an element, or poison, or blindness.

:idea: Female Model :idea:

Enough said...been in the works....just thought I'd throw it out, being the only openly female member of this game.

:idea: Flight Spell :idea:

Now, while it would make some maps soooo much easier, a "Simple" spell, that when cast, would slowly lift you upwards, creating a temporary floor under you, and lifting you slowly, while following you, so you may move forward, a utility spell, used to get places, or for some combats where the arcane archer, or mage wants to be outa melee range. As your SC increase, so does the speed of the raise, and how fast you can move, where at max, it would raise you up quite a few player hitboxes and move at a normal walk, and at its weakest, a little higher than jumping on a rat moving at the crawl of wearing armor you are too weak too use.

:?: The End? :?:

Well, after all of that typing and thinking as I went, my brain is mush and I need to go shove it in the freezer to solidify...I'll be around again to unload more ideas eventually.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Head Gear, its not just for Magic!

I dont know hows the status now but this idea would push the model limit even further, not to mention MDL files have a size limit.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Agility for non-metal armor
I agree with this completely. There should be a distinction between our protective gear, but right now there isn't one. I believe Cobra skin and fire lizard give 40% defense. A giant metal suit of mail like the AoB gives 50%. How does that make any sense at all?
This suggestion is also important because right now there aren't very many styles of playing msc. It's just level up and tank, for the most part. I was thinking, perhaps all vest like equipment like the cobra skin should have long jump enabled? Also, I would like to see increased fall damage for any player wearing a heavy armor like AoB. The damage could increase exponentially based on the overall weight of the player. Heavy armors could also reduce your ability to be pushed back by things like bludgeons or tornados.
If those effects were added to light and heavy armors it would open up new possibilities for mappers, too. Treasure chests and/or tough but rewarding monsters could be placed in areas that could only be reached (or at least easily reached) by light armor. Secret transitions could also be placed in these areas.

Flight Spell
Flight is something that I would really like to see in MSC. I like your idea about a levitation spell. I want to add that flight items might be a cool addition as well. A magic carpet or broomstick would be cool. So would a little foot-pedaled dwarven flying machine.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I think majority of this stuff isn't in (Some of it has been suggested before) because of limitation reasons. From what I remember, MS:C is butt-f&cked with overlapping coding which makes it harder to add or change. And of course Halflife itself.

A flight spell is probably not in because I'm pretty sure some maps are supposed to be difficult in traveling, due to it's length or even jumping-courses/"KZ" sections. Discourages death and incourages use of tactic.

IDEA: A) Make divination skill toggle-able for certain maps, so for maps that's "drenched in evil" you can't use glow and regeneration spells, relying on torches and potions (making the map more difficult).

B) Make certain maps that's "drenched in evil" require a certain level of divination (depending on the difficulty of the map) to be able to use divine spells.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, flight would severely limit mapping, and fubar some of the existing maps. We can get away with speed and agility boosts to a degree though (such as the Raven Mace).

We do have a special brush trigger for disabling glow (see mapper toys in the current changelog), although it has no effect on Felewyn's light nor torches.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
villager said:
IDEA: A) Make divination skill toggle-able for certain maps, so for maps that's "drenched in evil" you can't use glow and regeneration spells, relying on torches and potions (making the map more difficult).

I like that. A lot. :wink:
Just imagine kfortress boss fight with only torches, it already fits with "You will die in the darkness" or whatever he says.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, you should get hit with the glow-snuffer brush as you come in on The Hollow One. Kruxus, however, just locks the fog_black effect, IIRC.