Forum Bug Reports

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Post anything you've found to be wrong with the new forums, as per Kuro's request on the main page.

None!

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The auto login box hasnt been working for me since way before the server change.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Try clearing your cookies? (Also cache...)

Slow is an understatement, in my case, but the fact that people actually got the APR2012_17 alpha suggests it maybe more on my end - though I'm kinda out of things I can do, short of changing ISP's. Though maybe I can swap DNS providers and see if it helps.

For me, the turn around time for links ranges from instant to eternal - most of the time I have to click on the same link 5-10 times before it'll turn over, if it'll turn over at all (sometimes they time out - though one kept running overnight for some reason), but other times its instantaneous as it should be. So kinda indicative of the HD service being busy elsewhere.

(Edit: Took 26 seconds for this to post, but this edit effort came up instantly.)

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I'm seeing slow forum responsiveness also. A link may take anytime from instant (near instant?) to sometimes over 30 seconds. Perhaps the MySQLDB needs to be optimized or maybe it needs to be converted to InnoDB?

PS how about someone get me a PM reset? It's not responding to me. Can't send/read anything.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Also having issues with slowness.

Plus 67/77 of my PMs are stored, but hidden and inaccessible in my inbox.

Everything past Dec 30, 2010, and before April 17, 2012 is just gone.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose I shoulda mentioned that my 200 PM's are gone... Though I still seem to have 40 of them, and can still send/recieve PM's - even though it says I have 200/200 and the box is full.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
RKS still can't send PM's, which is going to be a bit of a problem, with a patch coming up...

One of our developers anonymously writes: "Not going to bother with the forums if I don't have to." :oldcry:

Took me twenty minutes to read and respond to three messages today... Not including the time to post this one.

edit (with 15 second turn over):
What I'd like to do, is archive these forums in some link-able fashion, and start a new one, but I'm not sure if that'd fix it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
This is not a big deal, but I thought it might be worth mentioning, in case it sheds light on another bug later:

Noticed when I edited a post in a deep thread (page 55 of the release thread), it returns me to several pages earlier upon submission (page 48) - as if it doesn't quite know where the old page is, or the number of posts per page was changed.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Member's list is fubar past the first page, if you click on the alphabetical listings.

Anyone remember Hellzchef's exact forum name? Need to PM the Hellsdiner guy so he knows there's an update, as per usual. (NVM, found it.)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Wow the forums are fast now...

Wonder why. :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Damn Loreldians...

BTW - while the forum transfer seems to have gone quite smoothly, I think the front page is looking a tad broken... More so, now that I've posted news to it...

Last of the links on the download page seem to have bjorked as well.

On the forum end, I can't seem to unsticky old stickies/globals I made. That and all my "•"'s seem to have been swapped for "•"'s, but alas, such is the risk with non ascii characters, I suppose. But for the most part, everything's so beautiful it nary brings tears to the eyes. Even faster than the original VSP.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Oh noes i've been rolled back in the forums without notice! >_>

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
My laptop is no longer able to reach the site. I've tried going to both .com and .net, as well as the /forum extension on both. No matter what, the loading-circle of Chrome constantly restarts itself (looks like someone scratching a damn record). My initial thought is that there is a war of redirects bouncing me between the .net and .com, but apparently my laptop is the only thing affected. I thought perhaps this was due to the cache or somesuch, but clearing all of that, I still have the problem. Thoughts?

Also, Thoth, if you could help me cross out whatever bugs have been squashed I'd be much obliged.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
My laptop is no longer able to reach the site. I've tried going to both .com and .net, as well as the /forum extension on both. No matter what, the loading-circle of Chrome constantly restarts itself (looks like someone scratching a damn record). My initial thought is that there is a war of redirects bouncing me between the .net and .com, but apparently my laptop is the only thing affected. I thought perhaps this was due to the cache or somesuch, but clearing all of that, I still have the problem. Thoughts?

WindowsKey+R -> ipconfig /flushdns
Might fix it.

The Man In Black said:
Also, Thoth, if you could help me cross out whatever bugs have been squashed I'd be much obliged.
- [May be fixed] Despite my clicking to auto-login, it always logs me out, though doesn't seem to be based on time of inactivity. Might auto-logout at midnight or something. This happens from either of my computers as well as my phone.
[Dunno, not had it do this...]

- I didn't test, but I saw search was broken. Thought, as Thoth said, this is to be expected, and happened the last time the forums got changed. I don't expect this can be fixed as it couldn't be fixed last time.
[Search is not only fixed, but now it's picking up posts as far back as 2005, which it couldn't do even before the first move. :D]

- PMs sent before the forum swap are sometimes inaccessible (though, mine are still working).
[I can access all the ones I have, though I lost quite a few in the last forum tansfer... Oddly, some seem to have mysteriously come back. It still says 200 and full - though there's only actually 100. This, however, does not prevent me from receiving or sending PM's]
:arrow: I has a theory as to what this maybe... I think, in ye old forums, the PM's per page view was set at 50 (ie. You'd see 50 PM's on each page in the inbox the display)... When we first went to shared hosting, it was displaying 10... It is now showing 25... Thus it maybe confused as to how many pages of PM's to show, it thinks it only needs to do 4 pages to reach 200, when it in fact needs to do 8 (at 25/pg). (This would also explain why I only had 40 PM's when it was displaying 10 per page.)
(Sidenote: all the messages in my "sent" folder, prior to this most recent move, are gone, though that's not a big deal.)

- Some people can't use PMs at all.
[RKS can now send PM's, so it seems]

- "Noticed when I edited a post in a deep thread (page 55 of the release thread), it returns me to several pages earlier upon submission (page 48) - as if it doesn't quite know where the old page is, or the number of posts per page was changed."
[This was fixed]

- Member's list is fubar past the first page, if you click on the alphabetical listings.
[Also fixed]

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The Man In Black said:

WindowsKey+R -> ipconfig /flushdns
Might fix it.

Yes, that infinite loop means that your DNS is showing msremake.com and http://www.msremake.com as two different servers, or possibly both the old server. Flushing your DNS will work if it's a local issue, but if it's your provider then you'll have to wait.

Thothie said:
The Man In Black said:
- [May be fixed] Despite my clicking to auto-login, it always logs me out, though doesn't seem to be based on time of inactivity. Might auto-logout at midnight or something. This happens from either of my computers as well as my phone.
[Dunno, not had it do this...]

Make sure that you're on msremake.com, msremake.net will not honor cookies from the site

Thothie said:
- PMs sent before the forum swap are sometimes inaccessible (though, mine are still working).
[I can access all the ones I have, though I lost quite a few in the last forum tansfer... Oddly, some seem to have mysteriously come back. It still says 200 and full - though there's only actually 100. This, however, does not prevent me from receiving or sending PM's]
:arrow: I has a theory as to what this maybe... I think, in ye old forums, the PM's per page view was set at 50 (ie. You'd see 50 PM's on each page in the inbox the display)... When we first went to shared hosting, it was displaying 10... It is now showing 25... Thus it maybe confused as to how many pages of PM's to show, it thinks it only needs to do 4 pages to reach 200, when it in fact needs to do 8 (at 25/pg). (This would also explain why I only had 40 PM's when it was displaying 10 per page.)
(Sidenote: all the messages in my "sent" folder, prior to this most recent move, are gone, though that's not a big deal.)

- Some people can't use PMs at all.
[RKS can now send PM's, so it seems]

If you could PM me your passwords and specific examples, I can go indepth into checking these issues

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Damn Loreldians...

BTW - while the forum transfer seems to have gone quite smoothly, I think the front page is looking a tad broken... More so, now that I've posted news to it...

Now 50% less borked

Thothie said:
Last of the links on the download page seem to have bjorked as well.

May have been DNS related, is working for me now

Thothie said:
On the forum end, I can't seem to unsticky old stickies/globals I made. That and all my "•"'s seem to have been swapped for "•"'s, but alas, such is the risk with non ascii characters, I suppose. But for the most part, everything's so beautiful it nary brings tears to the eyes. Even faster than the original VSP.

Likely due to the conversion, didn't respect non-ascii characters. Sorry about that

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The majority of the issues (including the auto-login in one) have already been resolved. Thanks.

I'll do some working on the infi-loop later. Now that I think of it, your answer(s) sound more correct, as my laptop had been fine until I went to Squirrel's. Don't think he'd gone to the .net, so it may have been a war between my laptop and his internet. Again, will experiment later.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Think my theory as to the past mail madness got blown out of the water, as I noticed the first and fourth pages match, and the two pages in-between are actually entirely empty. I'll give Lord K access to see if he can make heads or tails out of it. Not a critical issue, however, so long as it continues to work - and likely will resolve itself after I get enough new messages.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Seems we fixed the inbox problems...

Probably not worth bumping, but something odd going on in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6025
Kinda similar to the behavior we saw in my inbox... First page doesn't have enough posts to justify the page flip, second and third pages are missing, and the fourth is a duplicate of the first with one more post.

Maybe other threads similarly affected.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Why were you checking out threads from two years ago anyway? >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I was searching for the link to that old example Titles image, as I didn't have access to the home rig. 'twas just one of the threads that popped up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well here's a rather critical one:

Mai Email said:
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:50 PM
To: [email='[email protected]]'[email protected][/email]'
Subject: MSC FORUM REGSITRATION

Hey guys, are you aware that it’s impossible to register on your forum? It doesn’t send out the emails. I’ve tried gmail (this account) and hotmail several times, no luck.

Hope you look into it soon. :)

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Well here's a rather critical one:

Mai Email said:
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:50 PM
To: [email='[email protected]]'[email protected][/email]'
Subject: MSC FORUM REGSITRATION

Hey guys, are you aware that it’s impossible to register on your forum? It doesn’t send out the emails. I’ve tried gmail (this account) and hotmail several times, no luck.

Hope you look into it soon. :)

Just tested this. It arrived without an issue to my alternate gmail address. However, it did go into the spam folder.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Forum Bug report: Humanity verification, not working. :oldcry: