Galat's storage chest bug?

Drake Wingfire

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
So I know its been a while, but has the chests storage capacity been changed? Cause it keeps saying its full, and I have many multiples of some items, practically throwing away junky stuff, and even though I am doing so, it keeps saying the chest is full?

Was the storage capacity reduced or is it a bug?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Multiples of the same item count. If ya drop me your Steam ID I can see if anything's wrong with your chest, but if you have, say, 30 Lich Tongues, it'd be full (or maybe 80 Tomahawks - script name's shorter).

Wishbone

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Multiples of the same item count. If ya drop me your Steam ID I can see if anything's wrong with your chest, but if you have, say, 30 Lich Tongues, it'd be full (or maybe 80 Tomahawks - script name's shorter).
I'm kind of curious as to why the galat chest is like that, does it store items by via script name instead of item IDs? Also, hate to go off-topic, but have you seen TIgerkev's and I PMs we've sent ya?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ya gotta 105 items in there - about as full as you can get.

Of all 10 strings, all but one is overflowing, and that one is two characters short of full - so you'd have to dump out a lot. The lich tongues and anything with lightning in the name might be the most efficient. Demon gauntlets gotta pretty long script name too.

Not seeing any invalid items though. (Kind of a miracle that, given how stuffed and how old it is.)

Wishbone said:
I'm kind of curious as to why the galat chest is like that, does it store items by via script name instead of item IDs? Also, hate to go off-topic, but have you seen TIgerkev's and I PMs we've sent ya?
Because ID's are temporary, instanced with each creation of the server, and there's no consistent item "indexes" we can use, oddly enough.

Nothing from Tigerkev, no.