Helena Ruins.

furion001

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thought I'd make a separate thread for this.
Since it's not really part of the nightmare series.. (Close, but no. :p)
Ever wonder what happens when you've failed Old_Helena?
Well going on Thothie's idea, I'm making another alternate Helena. One ruled by Powerful orcs.

"The Space Time Continuum Splits in half as the final of the olde towne villagers perish, your sent through the rip in time to restore Helena back to it's prosperous form, and prevent this terrible paradox from spreading.

The Blackhand is far stronger than they ever were with the frontier of Helena in their possesion."

Phew.. forgive any failures in grammer... not much of a story teller.. XD
Anywho.

Here's the progress so far.

furion001

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Why thank you! It's not gonna be to big, but I am trying to re wire the underground to make it more challenging to get to Torwhodoc.

*psst* be awesome to get a script of Torwhodoc saying how much the universe/dimension is in jeopardy due to our failure blah blah blah

*gets back to mapping, trying to figure out a proper flow. from spawn to the chieftains hut*

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
We got torwhodoc inside a phone cabin, can we have him inside a Delorian now?

Were are we going Torwhodoc?

"Were else Adventurer? back to Old Helena!!!"

furion001

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
UPDATE!

Completed Areas 1, 2 and Boss area
Turned the cultist cave into Orc burial grounds Featuring ALOT of undead and zombie orcs! LvL35+ recommended. (It is a bit of a retexture... but eh.. it works :) )

Monsters set up in areas 1 and 2, boss area only has boss.. but I'm working on it.

Area 1 might be able to achieved in a group by 20s but soloing it is challenging at 35.
Area 2 is a bit tougher.
Boss area is undetermined yet.. but the boss is 35 Solo difficulty on his own (due to damage and HP being doubled)

Snapshots (combined together, Right-click and view, 50% quality jpeg to save space)

Hope I can get it done before the patch comes out. :D

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
With the current descriptions you made, i would find it very hard to believe that this map would be challenging to solo at lvl 35.

A challenging lvl 35 map to me right now (imo) is umulak. Can't say having buffed orcs with 2x the stats or so will make things harder to any player lvl 30+, unless that player uses ancient gear. :wink:

furion001

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
eh I'm using statistic from the test character I got from Thoth which is a level 35 :p

jon50559

Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
PRO-TIP!

Handle your areas very carefully, it looks like you have too much of the map open and relatively unoptimized; eventually it'll be very laggy and potentially not run at all :!:

You also might not want to use such a large breakable brush for that one screenshot, too many gibs like that at the same time could lead to server/fps complications.

Overall It looks pretty coo'

furion001

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
jon50559 said:
PRO-TIP!

Handle your areas very carefully, it looks like you have too much of the map open and relatively unoptimized; eventually it'll be very laggy and potentially not run at all :!:

Runs great for me though, a minor drop in r_speeds occasionally but nothing sever, If need be I can better optimize, but I'm trying to keep the world looking like Helena did.

I can understand how too much area can upset optimization, and I am trying hard to keep things from getting skee-wonky, I had one major vis error that I did get fixed where a hut turned invisible and gave the HoM effect. (was doing Precise cliptype.. Vis didn't agree aaaaat aaaaall.
You also might not want to use such a large breakable brush for that one screenshot, too many gibs like that at the same time could lead to server/fps complications.

I do plan to tone it down a bit, make the wall look more like a broken wall then making the whole thing disappear.

Overall It looks pretty coo'

Thank you!
Any tips on what I should do about the boss, he's minion-less atm :p