hey look i might be helpful

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
So far from reading the requirements thread these are the main reqs that i think could be useful/wanted:

-Elves
-New spiders/animations
-Steam powered crossbow
-Quarterstaff

Most of the other stuff can be done by a monkey with three heads, so I'm not too concerned about those.

I've improved on my modelling and unwrapping techniques since I last did anything, but as I have no time now and only wish to perhaps lessen on that available time I'll do something from that list up there, entirely. Model, unwrap, skin, weight and animate if need be.

If any of thats done too let me know so I dont go off on a tangent and start making something thats already in the development pipe

also for the elves i will probably want references to what you fools want specifically, as i've seen probably half a dozen attempts on this but nothing ever seems to get finalized

oh and if anyone wants something not from that list that isnt too complicated id gladly oblige (for five apples though, i dont do this for free)

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
We already have new spiders, but without new animations

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Although this would probably be the biggest job, I think Elves would be in the best interest of the mod, as it would put us a large step closer to getting new races into the game, which would increase re-play-ability by 50. If you've read the thothie.is.dreaming thread, you can see that anything even close to what he has in mind being implemented would be such a huge leap forward for the mod. Players could have actual roles in a fight instead of just depending on whoever is the strongest jack of all trades. If it was my choice I'd halt everything else thats going on and just work on this, but I'm sure its more complicated then that.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If you model and unwrap them, I will skin them. :D

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
alright well i've looked over the past elf threads (even the glorious one that resulted in the lord of the land in deralia), and i have a fairly good idea how he'll look, i'll start tomorrow i think

sabre thatd be awesome if you skinned it :) ill probably work up a skin myself too just to practice or in case you decide to not work :p

also...looking over the potentials for the elf models in the req thread makes me laugh, its just a little too ridiculous to have batman become an elf :p

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Oh wait, I forgot that Monster sent me his elf model...Check your PM's, I'll send it your way, if I still have it.

EDIT: Lost it in the forum upgrade D:, but my skinning offer still stands.
Do you have unwrapping skillz?

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Glorfindel, did you return to MS:C?

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
1) Cool that you're back. :D

2) No Mikkel, the thread is a year old. :wink:
necropost2.jpg

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
That pic has been shopped. You can tell from the pixels and the fact that we can scroll up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
-Elves
-New spiders/animations
-Steam powered crossbow
-Quarterstaff

Lack of Elves and some human children are holding back a lot of quest concepts.

After fiddling with FER's some, I think we’ve more or less covered the spiders. I should likely remove them from the list.

CMD was offering to do the steam powered x-bow, but changed his mind when I told him the script wasn’t complete. I’m not liable to take time out from other scripts to work on a steam-xbow script without a model, and he won’t finish the model without a script, so we’re stale-mated there, for now. ;)

Quarterstaff would be good. Ye might have to work up player animations to go with.

As for reference for elves, I’d hate to say it, but Little-G’s WoW elves are the closest thing we’ve had to decent elves, and I can’t think of anything to say about them really, except to make them… Less WoW’ie. ;) – I’d guess shorter ears, and no glowing eyes – save for the evil variants – I suppose we can do evil glowing eyes on Torkie’s elves. I personally don't mind the "+5 chain mail bikini" effect so much, but I suspect Lanethan would want his elves more fully clothed as well.

A catapult that rolls, winds up, and fires would be good too - although it's not on the list. I keep meaning to put out my catapult map-brush model to help mappers out, but it's a real pain to engineer such things, and a catapult that was an actual model could be made into a monster of sorts, and thus be much easier for mappers to place.

One BIG emergency we have is that Orochi has not yet put in the consolidated models view, and without that, I can't release another patch. Doing it myself is going to result in mass skewing of textures and delay the betapack even further.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
CMD....MOAR SXBOW!

At least for the abbrevation...lol sx.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, we need a new sexy weapon ever since the FCK fell from popularity. ;)

(‘sides, this Steam x-bow concept is not my doing, there are broken scripts and bits of media for it dating back to MSC 1.0)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I was going to make a sxbow, but I don't have the time to sit down and model much anymore(Plus I'm learning a lot more about Photoshop, hence I prefer skinning at this point). I'll see if i can't draw up some sort of concept for it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Actually, I should also put this out as the best reference set we've had from little-G yet - paticularly skin#2 on this model:
http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev3/littleg_wow_best.rar

I hate refusing to use these on the basis that they are WOW when Little-G put so much work into animating and skinning them and all, so if ye could find a way to, again "un-wow" that to the point where people won't go "Wow, a wow elf!" on site, I'd be happy to take it in.

It has both good and evil and +5 chain mail bikini skin sets, and a full set of MSC weapons and animations.

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
i'd be happy to simply work with the pre existing model, as that means a lot less work on my end

however my max 2008 currently has no smd importer, only an smd exporter, and so if someone can take that model and put it in a .max or some kind of universal model file (that doesn't mess up smoothing) then I can get cracking today

however i will certainly be de-wowing these elves quite a bit, lessening the bust, eyebrows, ears, and armor will be my main priority, and then to design a sort of "be all" civilian adventurer's dressing like the human's have, with armor/cloaks to go over this model (as i doubt we'll be using any of this WoW armor)

Human children can be made incredibly easy by simply taking Erkold in helena, downsizing his model/skeleton and adding more childish features (rounder head, fattier cheeks, shorter legs, etc) and then perhaps have myself or Sabre reskin the face. Again, need an smd importer for this :(

Catapult is pretty easy and I can start on that right away.

Now for the consolidated models thing, I don't quite understand what this is or what it entails doing so I can't help right now, if you want me to do it I'll probably need as much information as Orochi has, as well as knowledge of the fact that I might skew the textures just as bad as you :p Hopefully orochi can take care of this :X

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
SFAIK it seems to be progressing, though he asked me for help in consolidation...I know he's trying to get rid of the sh!tty arms, so he has to refit and such.

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
nah, that stopped working with 2008, sorry i wasnt specific

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
CMD was offering to do the steam powered x-bow, but changed his mind when I told him the script wasn’t complete. I’m not liable to take time out from other scripts to work on a steam-xbow script without a model, and he won’t finish the model without a script, so we’re stale-mated there, for now. ;)

I said prolly not, as the next patch is just around the corner, and I took it to mean that you wouldn't be able to have a script for it even IF I made it. So making it right now has no point, when I have other things to do. >_> 'Sides, I'm not sure how I want to make it look, yet.

Also, did I mention that "procrastination" is my middle name?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Orochi is definitely working on the consolidation.

I tried to play with the quarterstaff and animate it but I dropped it when Glorfindel said he would give it a try.

As for the children, after resizing the commoners, we should make male and female children with clothes different from those of the adults (slum childrens from Tales of Symphonia comes to mind) and maybe and a"cry" and "hiding" and "happy" animations

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The scientist skeleton already has two of those anims ;)
@Bong: I will draw and scan you a sxbow concept, like the one I described for you...Today.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
CMD said:
Also, did I mention that "procrastination" is my middle name?

Dude... Monkey is your middle name =\

Or Magical...

>_>