High Quality Texturer

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
ante_delonge said:
$ 10 000?
yeah i am a spendy person to rent lol im gonna put together some things that will need to be done in order for the boar model to be retextured im gonna work on it tonight ill post it in tomorrow or tonight. and i want one of you or whoever volunteer to do the things until i finish it and you can see how nice it looks.

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Ok here it is all made out heres the outline before we are gonna cut it up and make it into individual textures for the boar. here is the old outline

outline.gif

Heres The images i cut up into sections they will need to be the same size as the image i provided is they are specified at compatable resolutions for hl here they are:

left.gif

tail.gif

top.gif

horns.gif

legs.gif

butt.gif

I think these are the ears

uhhhh.gif

now all i need you to do is assign a boar model to have the textures arranged to import textures of those sizes and specified for those uv's

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
im startung to get tired of waiting and i dont know if someone dont start helping soon im just gonna forget about it. I was trying to make your mod popular among half-lifers but oh well.

I am giving you guys till december to start helping out with the modeling and hire me or well im just gonna move on. more and more everyday i feel like im wasting my time over here in the forums sry u guys are awsome friends but i cant stay here if the reason i came here no ones helping with it.

Dogg

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Note that as a team member, you'd have to handle all the details related to your task your self. So, as a skinner, if you can't take the current boar model, reskin it, align the skin properly, and recompile it to a working state... then its not gonna get done.

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Firstly, when i'm talking about texture resolutions, i'm talking about the size, not the detail. Obviously you can fit more intricate detail on a larger res. What I am talking about is the actually sizes of the texture. That does count.

Please don't even bother lieing to me rhodeder, cause I've been around professional texture artists through the most part of these recent years in mapcore and you're not a professional. Any company that would pay you around 2k and 10k would have to be very ignorant people or just in your dreams. Fabricating lies doesn't get you anywhere on the team.

I have made better looking metal textures in my spare time. And i'm not good.

- Ewok

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Ewok said:
Firstly, when i'm talking about texture resolutions, i'm talking about the size, not the detail. Obviously you can fit more intricate detail on a larger res. What I am talking about is the actually sizes of the texture. That does count.

Please don't even bother lieing to me rhodeder, cause I've been around professional texture artists through the most part of these recent years in mapcore and you're not a professional. Any company that would pay you around 2k and 10k would have to be very ignorant people or just in your dreams. Fabricating lies doesn't get you anywhere on the team.

I have made better looking metal textures in my spare time. And i'm not good.

- Ewok
that is how much i get paid to work for i dont only get paid for texturing i get paid for cgi also the averager gets paid 100 dollars an hour to work for a game company and it takes alot of hours to complete a game. And if you dont believe me its ok im not gonna argue with u guys. But thats how much i get paid just for my web designing i do alone i been offered working for firms 1000 dollars a week and they asked for me i didnt ask to get hired. Im working on cgi integrated websites which i will get paid and the price for my sites will be worth 10k on the net anyways. :oldshock: i have a bad headache :(

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
HomestarR said:
rhodeder said:

Hire you? As in have you work on a mod that is meant to be free and give you money?
no lol i would work for free in this mod out of generosity. I thought it would be a good oportunity for some practice on making skin shaders and ect.

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Kuroneko said:
As was said before: Make the textures the current size that they are. Then we could hire you.
im sry i couldnt do that dude the models original state is made very poorly. if i was to model for you and texture you and i say that i was a texturer for ms:c i would get looked down at and laughed at by other maya artists and textures cause they were put together so baddly and people would think i was the one who did it. I cant do that i imagine kureneko that if you put out an inquiry for a modeler to carry out some of the modeling tasks it really wouldnt take that long before you get it. all you have to do is sit back and watch i am not sure why you see it as such a big hastle if i was to do this the task and worktime on this mod would be grueling i am not sure why you talk as if i am here to make you work harder i would practicly working full time to finish it cause texturing at high resoluition is a pain. :?: :!:

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Dogg said:
Note that as a team member, you'd have to handle all the details related to your task your self. So, as a skinner, if you can't take the current boar model, reskin it, align the skin properly, and recompile it to a working state... then its not gonna get done.
i can do that i need a modeler to grab the source model and remap it so that i can make the textures in the way i said up there and it isnt that hard for a person to do that. I am only here to make your mod successful.......

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
You could've put that all in one post, not 4.

rhodeder said:
I cant do that i imagine kureneko that if you put out an inquiry for a modeler to carry out some of the modeling tasks it really wouldnt take that long before you get it. all you have to do is sit back and watch

We've put out alot on inquries for modelers, we've got next to no responces.

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Kuroneko said:
You could've put that all in one post, not 4.

rhodeder said:
I cant do that i imagine kureneko that if you put out an inquiry for a modeler to carry out some of the modeling tasks it really wouldnt take that long before you get it. all you have to do is sit back and watch

We've put out alot on inquries for modelers, we've got next to no responces.
well i guess it wouldnt hurt for me to locate one :-? i guess i will start looking. :!:

Con Artist

New Adventurer
Reaction score
rhodeder, just letting you know that there are no hard feelings towards you. Most of these guys are simply telling you how it is, and as you have found out, many of us are doing jobs that are not exactly in our field of expertese but we must do them to get the job done and to get familiar with it.

I for example am like you in some way. As a character animator it is my job to give life to the lifeless. But seeing how some parts of models may be deflected, I simply couldn't wait to see them fixed so I learned from school on how to fix minor things to make my animating job easier.

As for your offer, please stick around and consider other opportunities such as mid res textures. If we cant go high res for "X" reason, then work around the problem, make a mid res texture, anything that you CAN do to make the person, beast, or world more immersive. Simple as that. Look at my recent animations posted on the front page, I didnt have to make the troll move realistically but I did because I could.

Dont give up man, improvise around these problems and you'll fly high in this low to zero budget business.

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Con Artist said:
rhodeder, just letting you know that there are no hard feelings towards you. Most of these guys are simply telling you how it is, and as you have found out, many of us are doing jobs that are not exactly in our field of expertese but we must do them to get the job done and to get familiar with it.

I for example am like you in some way. As a character animator it is my job to give life to the lifeless. But seeing how some parts of models may be deflected, I simply couldn't wait to see them fixed so I learned from school on how to fix minor things to make my animating job easier.

As for your offer, please stick around and consider other opportunities such as mid res textures. If we cant go high res for "X" reason, then work around the problem, make a mid res texture, anything that you CAN do to make the person, beast, or world more immersive. Simple as that. Look at my recent animations posted on the front page, I didnt have to make the troll move realistically but I did because I could.

Dont give up man, improvise around these problems and you'll fly high in this low to zero budget business.
thanks dude i know, i know the reason tho that high resolution textures cant be used right now is because we have a shortage on moddelers so i am gonna correct that problem by grabbing some:).