I am playing again!

Danhor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hi guys, I used to play the offline versions, the 1.0 till 1.3. My question is that can i download the beta or just the ms:c?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Download the main installer, install it, then the betapack, and install that.

http://www.msremake.com/download.php

You *can* play with just the main installer but 1) not on-line via FN, and 2) there's no reason to - just rob yourself of a lot of maps and fixes.

I'll move this to support in a bit.

Danhor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I am encountering outrageous preformance problems. Its unplayable even on 640x480. Can someone help me please?

Danhor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Intel i3 2,13 ghz; 3 gb ddr III; Intel HD graphics windows 7 64 bit

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm thinking the integrated graphics card is the problem. From what I looked up (quickly), it supports opengl, but not nearly as well as a standalone nvidia GPU would. Iirc, I tried to run MS:C on an integrated card (albiet AMD-based) and had the same amount of success.

Danhor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So it means, that I won't be able to play ms:c on my pc. (could play it on an asus eee, and now my 1 year old vaio tricked me...:D)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You can try the settings here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3004

But with an Intel GMA, I think yer really just boned. I've had to use them before, back when my main rig's card was on RMA, and with my netbook, and yeah, MSC kicks the poor thing's arse. OpenGL Half-Life will as well. With the settings there, it might run *alright*, at least until someone with "glow" on comes around a corner - dynamic lights seem to mess with Intel GMA's more than anything (even the Half-Life rocket launcher sends it into a tizzy). >_>

It's really strange though, as it runs Quake3 just fine - and that's OpenGL as well. *shrug*

Danhor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Didnt work, but thx for the help. I just might buy a new laptop :D

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have horrible performance on my box until I press 'b'.
I get like 0.5 fps and then when I press b, it jumps up to 100 fps.
If I press b again, the same thing repeats...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
ie. the toggle bloom. Yeah, a lot of cards canna handle the bloom - but he says he used the low-quality config, and it disables that as well. Oddly enough, of my netbook, the Bloom doesn't have much of an affect on my Intel GMA - it's more lights and sprites that eff it up... Plus the mirrors in Edana temple, if they are on. Granted, regardless of settings, I can't get more than 10fps outta that netbook - and maybe 25fps on my desktop's Intel GMA - on a good day.

The desktop's Intel gets 60fps in Quake3 though. *shrug*

Granted every nVidia card I've had pegs out the FPS to the vsync limit, even back to the old 5600. The 8800GT I had pegged it for the longest time... And the 560GTX I recently acquired does as well. I was actually surprised the 560GTX hasn't caused me any legacy compatibility problems - thought for sure I was going to have to take it back. Granted, I've not tried it in Win7 yet - but I hardly ever use my Win7 boot.

Then again, my "fat" Laptop has an 8700M, and it does struggle with MSC a bit - though it's running at a very high widescreen res. Even then, it's reasonable (maybe ~50fps, with bloom, sans mirrors).

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The i3 2.13Ghz that he has must have a crappy graphics unit... Granted all of them don't perform well, but Intel made it a big point that the integrated graphics in the i5 2500K can play Portal 2 on high at 720p....

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I want an i5 2500k... Was looking up parts for a friend and was all "WHY CAN'T I HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY THIS STUFF TOO?"

Of course, I have an AMD chipset mobo so I'd have to buy a new one of those.

And a new power supply because mine BARELY meets the requirements to run my system.