Lillys List of Longness

Lilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I've played MS:C long enough to voice some opinions and drop a few suggestions, so here's a list of stuff I would like to see added/changed.

1> Female models/sounds! Basic one, though apparently hard to implement. Still my list wouldn't be complete without it.

2> Some sort of complete database/referace for all the weapons/armor/ect that players can check to learn the damage weight and ability of weapons, and thus know when to replace an old weapon. Already done

3> Gauntlets should count as armor and be worn as such, not a weapon but should increase unarmed damage. Unequipping when you put away your weapon defeats the point of unarmed combat!

4> Venders to sell more arrows at once. I can go through those things like there's no tomorrow, and I only ever see about 120 jagged for sale per loading of the town. And it's not like I'm the only one buying them either.

5> Water Walking spell :3 Bad idea x.x

6> More maps that focus on avoiding traps and puzzles rather then fighting

7> Low level attack ice divination and affliction spells, so sc isn't so hard to level I was simply misinformed!

8> Ice shield be damage based rather then time. Say it absorbs 50% of the wearers max health before breaking (so if they have 200HP maximum it would absorb 100HP and thus would break once they have taken 200HP damage)

9> Did I mention female models? This joke is way too overused...

10> Some sort of ressurect spell that can be used before the player clicks while the screen is red (this would also require you to enable chat while dead) so that people can be brought back on the spot. This would however reuire somesort of indicator over bodies so you can tell if they have 'clicked' or not.

11> Decaying bodies! Instead of the player body just staying forever, they eventually fade into a skeleton (you see NPC skeletons all over) This would probably also fix the bug where you see the death animation on the random corpses when you first enter a room.

12> Helmets that match the armors, so they can be worn as a set.

Thank you for taking the time to read this if you did. These are just little ideas that popped into my head while playing, none are too urgent (well maybe 1 and 9 :p) but would be nice. I now eagerly await the whole community to tell me why most my ideas suck. :3

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
1) There is one, but there's model bugs that prevent the usage
2) There is one, but I'm too lazy to find it right now (Will edit later, or more likely someone will post it)
3) That is a neat suggestion.
4) It's hard for lower levels to find arrows, but they're all over the place in the mid-high level maps if you know where to look (also look in chests).
5) ...
6) Another interesting prospect, and it's been brought up before.
7) There are: Frost Bolt, Rebuke, and Poison.
8) That's another interesting idea, but I like having a static 75-second ice shield.
9) Yes, you did.
10) a)I'm not sure how that would work; Thoth would know if that's possible. b) You can talk while you're dead, you just can't see it.
11) I believe that this was at least semi-fixed in the latest patch. Bodies now fade quicker.
12) By all means, feel free to skin/model them. I'll even help you replace the needed files so you can have your corresponding helmet and armor combination no matter what... At least from your own perspective.

Hope that helps; but try to keep it to a suggestion thread that's already open (we've got several)

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Point number 12 is only good half of the time. A Helmet of the Phoenix is kind of pointless considering Phoenix Armour gives you all the bonuses you'd want anyway. Same deal with the Armour of Bravery.

Lilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
1) There is one, but there's model bugs that prevent the usage
7) There are: Frost Bolt, Rebuke, and Poison.

I guess Lilly just can't find them then...

CrazyMonkeyDude said:
10) a)I'm not sure how that would work; Thoth would know if that's possible. b) You can talk while you're dead, you just can't see it.

Well there's the relocation crystals right? Maybe the player could just spawn and get warped with similar scripting.
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
11) I believe that this was at least semi-fixed in the latest patch. Bodies now fade quicker.

Ah well the idea was more because it would look neat (could tell when corpse are old) and the bug fix was a bonus :p

CrazyMonkeyDude said:
12) By all means, feel free to skin/model them. I'll even help you replace the needed files so you can have your corresponding helmet and armor combination no matter what... At least from your own perspective.

I can't :p

Tentadrilus said:
Point number 12 is only good half of the time. A Helmet of the Phoenix is kind of pointless considering Phoenix Armour gives you all the bonuses you'd want anyway. Same deal with the Armour of Bravery.

They would be similar (ie both involve fire in some way) not the same. Just matching.

kai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
1). This will probably be implemented within the future.

2). Thothie has this already upon his site, he posted it somewhere not long ago.

3). I see the point in that, but rather than being gauntlets as in armor, they're gauntlets for more along the line of increasing your punch force.

4). Vendors could have more arrows, yes, but I think that's pretty much on purpose. You're better off just slaying Elite Blackhand archers and getting their arrows.

5). This isn't Oblivion.

6). More maps are coming into the future, in fact, I was working on a labrynth with tricks, traps, and monsters. But I stopped in order to work on Hunder swamp.

7). Frost bolt/Poison. But I can see a lower Divination spell.

8.) No.

9). See 1).

10). Maps have re-spawns

11). Players' corpses disappear within 20 seconds now via APRIL2008A patch.

12).They do have armor sets.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Ouch. :|

Lilly has a few interesting ideas and some not-so, but there's no reason to be rude, Kai.

kai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Tentadrilus said:
Ouch. :|

Lilly has a few interesting ideas and some not-so, but there's no reason to be rude, Kai.

Wasn't exactly meant to be rude, I apologize. Some of it is good ideas (Gauntlets not being weapons) but some of it's just silly.

My bad. :S

Lilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
kai said:
5). ... Wow, I mean seriously, wow. This isn't Oblivion.

MS:C already borrows much worse then an idea for an amusing spell. Though in retrospect this would do more bad then good, with all the additional bugs/exploits it would bring about.

kai said:
12).They do have armor sets.

I've played it enough to see everyone having unmatched armor, as I mentioned I'm not asking for these I'm suggestion them because they might add to the game. Making everyone look nicer? Hey look an improvement.

kai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Perhaps you fail to realize, this would be rather hard to implement within the game, and if you couldn't see out clearly: "Suit of plate mail" and "A plate mail helmet" then I don't know. :|

Lilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
kai said:
Perhaps you fail to realize, this would be rather hard to implement within the game, and if you couldn't see out clearly: "Suit of plate mail" and "A plate mail helmet" then I don't know. :|

I was referring to the higher end more "rare" armors. Such as the Phoenix Helmet and the Helmet of Bravery.

Mouse

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I dunno.. my stab helm fits my AoB and PA pretty well.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
1> [female models] Have a really crappy female model. Have female sounds. Have way, possibly, to implement. Just need time away from making map scripts to test thoroughly, I suppose.

2> [weapon reference] The original team seemed to prefer the “learn as you go” idea, so I’ve been reluctant to apply this (nevermind the time it would consume, and the fact that weapons tend to have hundreds of minor modifications with each revision). The closest thing we have to a comprehensive list is here. Even that, is somewhat dated.

3> [Gauntlets should count as armor and be worn as such, not a weapon but should increase unarmed damage.] Can’t stack anymore damage resisters. If we get the viewmodel consolidation done, we maybe able to make it work more like armor, in that, when unarmed, you’ll have whatever the last set of gauntlets you equipped were, and that those gauntlets will appear in the viewmodel when wielding weapons. We’re a long way from having all the viewmodel consolidation done, however.

4> [Venders to sell more arrows at once.] 120 was better than the original 15, I thought. ;)

5> [Water Walking spell :3 Bad idea x.x] – Hold up arrow key. ;)

6> [More maps that focus on avoiding traps and puzzles rather then fighting] The Observatory was supposed to be an almost exclusively puzzle map (prob with one mini-boss between each puzzle). Other than that, we’ve no concept maps for it, but most new maps don’t fall into the concept lines, so it could certainly be made to happen if you begged in the Custom Content section enough.

7> [Low level attack ice divination and affliction spells] Can’t add more level-able spells without revamping the entire magic system. This will have to happen at some point in anycase.

8> [Ice shield be damage based rather then time.] Concept spell for this is the Earth spell Stone Skin.

9> [Did I mention female models?] Just beware that it’ll likely involve double D’s. HL1 models are like stick figures: it’s difficult to indicate female without either a skirt or huge breasts. ;) (Well, that, and most model makers are pervs…)

10> [Some sort of ressurect spell that] Crystal of Relocation serves this purpose.

11> [Decaying bodies!] Not sure if we could even pull this. The bug where corpses get back when you enter a room is common to most HL mods (including NS). Something about the way the engine determines which animation index to use.

12> [Helmets that match the armors, so they can be worn as a set.] There’s a few… What we need is more gay modelers. Most of our modelers are straight, and thus incapable of color coordination. ;)

Lilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
1> [female models] Have a really crappy female model. Have female sounds. Have way, possibly, to implement. Just need time away from making map scripts to test thoroughly, I suppose.
9> [Did I mention female models?] Just beware that it’ll likely involve double D’s. HL1 models are like stick figures: it’s difficult to indicate female without either a skirt or huge breasts. ;) (Well, that, and most model makers are pervs…)

Oh well it's not really important if they look good. Just different.

Thothie said:
3> [Gauntlets should count as armor and be worn as such, not a weapon but should increase unarmed damage.] Can’t stack anymore damage resisters. If we get the viewmodel consolidation done, we maybe able to make it work more like armor, in that, when unarmed, you’ll have whatever the last set of gauntlets you equipped were, and that those gauntlets will appear in the viewmodel when wielding weapons. We’re a long way from having all the viewmodel consolidation done, however.

I don't think it really matters if they don't show while holding a sword or somesuch, just that they are there for when you're unarmed. ...assuming that's what you mean... and er not sure what you mean by damage resisters, as my idea wasn't to make them armor it was to make them act like it in the way it's always equipped, but it still only increases unarmed damage...

Thothie said:
8> [Ice shield be damage based rather then time.] Concept spell for this is the Earth spell Stone Skin.

Drat! I'll need to get a potion of forgetfulness...

Thothie said:
10> [Some sort of ressurect spell that] Crystal of Relocation serves this purpose.

Not... really... you prepare those before hand and res in the spot, where as a spell would just be an friend ressing you once out of combat from here you died.

Thothie said:
11> [Decaying bodies!] Not sure if we could even pull this. The bug where corpses get back when you enter a room is common to most HL mods (including NS). Something about the way the engine determines which animation index to use.

I figured the skeleton would get created in the place of the corpse, and that they would have no animations...

Thothie said:
12> [Helmets that match the armors, so they can be worn as a set.] There’s a few… What we need is more gay modelers. Most of our modelers are straight, and thus incapable of color coordination. ;)

Maybe if it was called "Master's Nude" or something...
But hey with the lack of any females (at least visually female) you'd think there'd be some :p

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:

That's it I'm making rainbow ultra mega gay armor.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
All you need to do is change one word and shift the Helena crest down a bit ;-) XD

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'll make the mega gay meat helmet.
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Thothie said:

I'll make a pinkish red ulta mega meat helmet. That way, people like MiB, our Resident Ass, could be our Resident D!ck.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Or you can make the helmet LOOK like an ass, that way we have asshats!

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'll make it when the S.H.I.T. crest is added.

Lilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Thothie said:

Hey whatever, if I'm stuck looking like a guy I might as well look like a gay one :wink:
Just make it sometimes drop instead of AoB but be the same stats, see how many people wear it anyways.

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lilly said:
I've played MS:C long enough to voice some opinions and drop a few suggestions, so here's a list of stuff I would like to see added/changed.

1> Female models/sounds! Basic one, though apparently hard to implement. Still my list wouldn't be complete without it.

2> Some sort of complete database/referace for all the weapons/armor/ect that players can check to learn the damage weight and ability of weapons, and thus know when to replace an old weapon. Already done

3> Gauntlets should count as armor and be worn as such, not a weapon but should increase unarmed damage. Unequipping when you put away your weapon defeats the point of unarmed combat!

4> Venders to sell more arrows at once. I can go through those things like there's no tomorrow, and I only ever see about 120 jagged for sale per loading of the town. And it's not like I'm the only one buying them either.

5> Water Walking spell :3 Bad idea x.x

6> More maps that focus on avoiding traps and puzzles rather then fighting

7> Low level attack ice divination and affliction spells, so sc isn't so hard to level I was simply misinformed!

8> Ice shield be damage based rather then time. Say it absorbs 50% of the wearers max health before breaking (so if they have 200HP maximum it would absorb 100HP and thus would break once they have taken 200HP damage)

9> Did I mention female models? This joke is way too overused...

10> Some sort of ressurect spell that can be used before the player clicks while the screen is red (this would also require you to enable chat while dead) so that people can be brought back on the spot. This would however reuire somesort of indicator over bodies so you can tell if they have 'clicked' or not.

11> Decaying bodies! Instead of the player body just staying forever, they eventually fade into a skeleton (you see NPC skeletons all over) This would probably also fix the bug where you see the death animation on the random corpses when you first enter a room.

12> Helmets that match the armors, so they can be worn as a set.

Thank you for taking the time to read this if you did. These are just little ideas that popped into my head while playing, none are too urgent (well maybe 1 and 9 :p) but would be nice. I now eagerly await the whole community to tell me why most my ideas suck. :3
3. good idea :roll:
5. Morrowind\Oblivion :roll:
7. :roll:
8. If the ice shield is breaking after you took 200 DMG... omfg, Every guy would be pissed in boss fights :roll:
11. good idea
12. This is a Role play Game, not an Fashion week :roll:

Tetsmega1

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Thothie said:

Make it have 100% parry, but no defense :v:

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Don't mind the last two posters, Lilly. They're kind of idiots.

Case and point: Razor, read the whole goddamn suggestion next time. She said that the ice shield is comparable to half your HP, so if you have 700 HP, the ice shield takes 350, which is effectively 700 damage because it reduces damage by 1/2.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'd prefer if stone skin lasts for a set period of time and the ice shield breaks with damage. Makes more sense to me. It'll be a while before this ever comes up though.

Lilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Durak said:
I'd prefer if stone skin lasts for a set period of time and the ice shield breaks with damage. Makes more sense to me. It'll be a while before this ever comes up though.

I agree with this.