MSC Developer
Reaction score
some little game i was working on for a bit and then realized i suck at coding

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
sfor is cool, nice work ghost! I like the vertical depth of it. If it inspires you to do more work, I can tell you we will have a dedicated server for MSS in a month or two!

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
im just curious why ? as far as i know. there wouldnt be anything to do on the server but look at the maps. why spend the money till you have things to actually test?

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
ceriux said:
im just curious why ? as far as i know. there wouldnt be anything to do on the server but look at the maps. why spend the money till you have things to actually test?
Maybe a little update which hasn't been published yet occured, so there might be a piece of the interface etc already, who knows (except for the dev >.<)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
ceriux said:

Perhaps he has pulled enough work to make a public test release. As far as making a dedicated server, that might be a little too much but i don't know. Dev's usually keep things a secret untill the proper moment.

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The message was intended for motivation as a mapper (dev). The server will not be public during alpha development. It will be used internally to test the interactive aspects of the game.(communications, pings, votes etc) stuff that can't be tested with one player.

As for the cost, it's basically free. I have to get a new computer anyway to develop on, so my existing computer will become the server.