Monney system

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Could we have the ability to pay players gold? Or drop pouches of gold coins. Could be a nice aesthetic addition.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Within 24 hours of this idea being implemented every single noob will be in possession of 1 million gold pieces.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Make it so you cant give money in exchange for nothing and every item should have a base value so people wont trade for 1 gold

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Yeah even I think this is a bad idea because noobs will just be showered in gold.

But what's the deal? Gold is almost 100% useless.

FER said:
Make it so you cant give money in exchange for nothing and every item should have a base value so people wont trade for 1 gold

TheOysterHippopotami said:
Within 24 hours of this idea being implemented every single noob will be in possession of 1 million gold pieces.

I should have gone into more detail. It could be used for a gambling game (oyster suggested this I believe) and if the economy is ever fixed, to trade items.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
TLDR; Make it so you cant give money in exchange for nothing and every item should have a base value so people wont trade for 1 gold

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Should probably wait in till the economy is improved, or fixed. Would be an interesting idea if it wasnt fuxed. And a reply to FER, yeah that would probably make sense to implement a base system.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Tough I wonder if players would buy/sell stuff besides the most annoying to get items, unless spawn rates go down which could skyrocket the the market but pitchforks and torches come to mind just by mentioning that.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
FER said:
Tough I wonder if players would buy/sell stuff besides the most annoying to get items, unless spawn rates go down which could skyrocket the the market but pitchforks and torches come to mind just by mentioning that.

Thats what I had in mind to. Players would buy weapons from other players (with a fixed and worthwhile economy of course).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Yeah even I think this is a bad idea because noobs will just be showered in gold.

But what's the deal? Gold is almost 100% useless.

A lot of MORPG's don't allow trading of gold for said reason (well, the first, not so much the second). Even after we fix the economy (insomuch as we can) I don't see it happening, as it'll just reduce the time it takes to break again.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
As stated before though, gold is pretty much useless. The MS:C economy revolves around what can be tangibly used in the field. Players have no need to buy health/mana potions or the like; they take up valuable item limit space and are too slow to be used in a pinch. The only place you can buy potions with special effects is likewise in an out-of-the-way place. Aside from everyone's favorite Divination leveling tool, gold has no use, and anyone that does need it can get a lot of it easily. Thus it is worthless as a trade item.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Orochi said:
As stated before though, gold is pretty much useless. The MS:C economy revolves around what can be tangibly used in the field. Players have no need to buy health/mana potions or the like; they take up valuable item limit space and are too slow to be used in a pinch. The only place you can buy potions with special effects is likewise in an out-of-the-way place. Aside from everyone's favorite Divination leveling tool, gold has no use, and anyone that does need it can get a lot of it easily. Thus it is worthless as a trade item.

If gold is useless, why have gold in MSC?

Srgnt Rehab

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Stoned said:

Sometimes I wonder if people think about what they are typing :?

Gold isn't as useless as they make it sound. Right now, gold is just a grind part of the quest for UGA. Aside from the North Maul, which can be bought at the end of Old Helena, despite it not being the nicest mace, it is a handy weapon for the stages between Cal's mace and Bludgeon....... Perhaps making more purchase rewards in some dungeons?

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Srgnt Rehab said:
Stoned said:

Sometimes I wonder if people think about what they are typing :?

I was exaggerating. Gold just seems more like a tool.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A) That's not exaggeration, that's just furious backpedalling and B) nay. :D

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Maybe thats the point this thread was made for? to give gold a f*cking use?

It was already suggested to implement a key that automatically bring a potion in your hands

jon50559

Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
You're forgetting that gold IS essential, and DOES take a long time to get, if ye' be a low level who doesn't accept free stuff. The best parts of this mod are when you're under level ~15 and need to grind pelts for gold. Afterwards, yes, money becomes nearly useless and thus your posts are born.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
jon50559 said:
You're forgetting that gold IS essential, and DOES take a long time to get, if ye' be a low level who doesn't accept free stuff. The best parts of this mod are when you're under level ~15 and need to grind pelts for gold. Afterwards, yes, money becomes nearly useless and thus your posts are born.

Last time i checked the value of pelts, they were pretty much useless to sell. Also, gold doesn't take too much time nowadays, it's even easier than in 2008. Back in those days i could make ~100k a day while grinding for xp, today im pretty sure i can make 1M without that much effort like in 2008.

Anyways, i suspect we might have new items up for sale this next patch? Sorc_vila is a new village so i'm sure it'll carry something new and something worthy spending our gold on aswell(potions/arrows/bolts exactly).

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
I've no idea where you got any of that response from. Please re-read my post.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
You said that money takes a long time to get, and i replied with a "No it isn't". Then i compared the new gold drops from the newest patches back with 2008. It's a huge difference in values when it comes to grinding maps that drop gold.

You also said "grind for pelts", but i do think these are useless atm. I'm not sure if they have been upgraded but they used to sell for a really low amount of gold, which made it not worthy to be sold, even for starters. Another reason why i say this its because at around lvl 15 like you said, people wont be killing rats/boars/bears to collect pelts much likely. I would rather say undeads and orcs give more money when leveling up.

That was my point related to your post, i dont see anything wrong with it though. :eek: