more mapping help.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
hey, iv been trying to figure out trigger_multi or w.e theyre called... i still cant get it to work... basically im trying to get a group of monsters to die and once theyre all dead for it to make a sprite show up disapear and then spawn a new boss monster... i couldnt even get it to work when 1 monster dies a wall breaks... im sucking at this part of mapping ne one can help?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
trigger_multiple isn't what you want. A trigger_multiple (This is how it was done in ent mod, so obviously it won't work the same way in hammer) is done by making an area into a trigger_muliple(or in entmods case, converting a box or wall to a trigger_multiple). The trigger_multiple then activates the target that you have set to it when a player walks through it.

http://msremake.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1100 should have what you're looking for ^_^

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
but, thats not what i want it want to kill a group of monsters all set with the same area spawn and once thats done i want it to stop spawning them and break a wall. once that happens , i want it to spawn a boss monster. which isnt working . they just keep spawning even thought i set theyre lives to 1.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
OMFG IT SAYS I WAS CHEATING! because i was testing entities! wtf is with that!?!?! now my fucking characters gone! wtf is wrong with u faggots!? u all can go fuck your selfs... "greatest fucking rpg mod my ass" fuck u !

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
but, thats not what i want it want to kill a group of monsters all set with the same area spawn and once thats done i want it to stop spawning them and break a wall. once that happens , i want it to spawn a boss monster. which isnt working . they just keep spawning even thought i set theyre lives to 1.

I take it you mean, you want the wall to break after the players kill all said monsters. All the monsters need to be tied to msarea_monsterspawn with a name that matches their spawnarea property. (see also, ye old tutorial taking note of "fireallperish" and the associated disclaimers. )

OMFG IT SAYS I WAS CHEATING! because i was testing entities! wtf is with that!?!?! now my **** characters gone! wtf is wrong with u faggots!? u all can go **** your selfs... "greatest **** rpg mod my ass" **** u !

By chance were you testing your map on your [FN] server? Tis a good way of getting your [FN] character deleted. You can only run maps downloadable from Custom Content on [FN] servers.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:

I take it you mean, you want the wall to break after the players kill all said monsters. All the monsters need to be tied to msarea_monsterspawn with a name that matches their spawnarea property. (see also, ye old tutorial taking note of "fireallperish" and the associated disclaimers. )

OMFG IT SAYS I WAS CHEATING! because i was testing entities! wtf is with that!?!?! now my **** characters gone! wtf is wrong with u faggots!? u all can go **** your selfs... "greatest **** rpg mod my ass" **** u !

By chance were you testing your map on your [FN] server? Tis a good way of getting your [FN] character deleted. You can only run maps downloadable from Custom Content on [FN] servers.

yes, i was... i dont feel like changing my server config file each time im testing a map. either way its not like i was trying to gain ne thing from it . i was trying to learn how to work it out... i was doing what u said. but they just keep spawning so the "on last death part never came" and i was trying to figure out why whent jester hopped on i asked for his help and some how right after that my character was gone... and replaced with "U_CHEATED" so fuck him and fuck msc . Thothie your doing a great job keep going fuck everyone else...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, if you calm down, stop spamming astrisks all over my screen, and promise not to run any unapproved map on an [FN] server again, I can see what I can do and restoring your character(s).

Switching off from [FN] is very easy. You just gotta change 1 number in your server.cfg:
Code:
ms_central_enabled 0

But, yeah, if ya don't do that, ya tend get deleted.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
ok .... i still dont like jester ne more and my sig stays.

oh and sry i have anger issues... and i tend to curse ALOT.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's not the swearing... It's the asterisks... You've no idea how much asterisks offend me.

What's your STEAM_ID again? (Although I might be able to find it in the cheaters folder...)

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
It's not the swearing... It's the asterisks... You've no idea how much asterisks offend me.

What's your STEAM_ID again? (Although I might be able to find it in the cheaters folder...)
umm hold on ima have to find it... ill update this post with it.

um theyre back im thinking you found it with out me ^.^ thnx thothie!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
forum_flames.gif

Now now, I dun wanna see an otherwise legitmate thread banished to non-man's land because you two are having a tiff. It wasn't Jester who deleted you anyways.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
no-offence thothie. but he may not have been the one. but he most likely had been the cause.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Jester said:
ceriux said:
ok .... i still dont like jester ne more
One more BoU member off my checklist. :twisted:
Jester, you seem to know extremely well which people are members of the Blades of Urdual :mrgreen:
I guess my guild is so interesting to you that you are inspired by it, right?
I am flattered :oldlol:

Posting from an internetcafe.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Can you prove it? :oldlol:

There is also a guild topic about my guild in the Recruiting section. You may visit that for your research :mrgreen:

Edit: Before I forget... GG

Posting from an internetcafe.