MSC Problems

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Hey. checking stuff out... looks awsome :D

I cant figure out how to start a lan game without vac protection. My brother is banned but we wanna play in the same game...

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
lol

Allow me to add to MSC issues, it is auto deleting my character from my server. Same with my brother, Jabba. He hosted a server, and it auto wiped his own character, he remade I am guessing, I have already remade my character three times. Because I'd disconnect my own server & all, each time I did so it wiped my character, I use windows XP service pack 2. Maybe it is my operating system? Maybe a horrible error with MSC? Or maybe, I am not saving my character information properly?

Blaze

New Adventurer
Reaction score
When nighttime is suppose to kick in, the whole screen turns orange or pitch black, all i can see is my characters hands and the HUD... any idea whats going on?

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
i got a few things to report:

firt off, when i create a lan game, the first on i create after i load up the game has my character, but its reset to as if it was newly created. only thing that is the same is my name. when i exit out and create a new game, my old character is back agian.

secondly, it crashes when i transition to sewers. might just be me though.

thirdly, this is minor, but sometimes, when using magic, when i run out of mana it auto switches to punching, but sometimes it wont, and when i attack itll just go through the casting motion, but no fire ball will be cast, even if i get more mana back. i can switch to hands by pressing "x" (the drop item command) so, no biggy, but just though id report anything and everything =]

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Keep this type of stuff coming. It's very useful for the devs and know they're dedicated to making this experience as bug free as possible. :)

Goshen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Breaking either rock parts in Thorns crashes server.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
no problem.

i believe i just found a major exploit, which i will pm to kuro.

also: the travelling merchants in helana say "thanks and come agian 2!"

the number on the end is sort of random, and i dont think its suppose to be there.

breaking rocks doesnt crash me btw

EDIT:
also, i havent checked out other sheaths, but the bealth sheath is able to house more than one weapon. is this... normal?

ALSO:
the "give" doesnt seem to work. i want to give the poor guy his lost book, but it aint workin =\

Goshen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but anyway, whenever I try to use client-side characters whenever you change the level it goes by default back to server stored. Is there a command in the server/listenserver.cfg to make this happen even through a map change?

Dogg

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Hi. I'm the coder for Mastersword and have been doing it, on and off, for a while now.

I just wanted to make sure you know I'm committed to creating a clean, operative game and am watching your reports. Truth is, we couldn't test as much as we wanted to. Part of that is my fault - I've been busy in real life (opening a new store). But I love MS, it's mah baby :). So DO expect a tested patch soon.

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I've only played the client for about 5 minutes but I've had a few odd issues with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: Tried to put rat pelt into worn hammer.

I wan't able to reproduce it, just randomly occured when placing a rat pelt into my inventory. After hitting okay it returned to the game and everything seemed okay

Issues with weapon not working "firing"

Usually dropping and pickup up solves, tended to be more frequent than MS 1.3
Model duping on the connect screen to select character.

Model was duplicated everytime I joined another server at one point I had 3 models in one slot

As far as serverside issues
Increased CPU usage

As it stands my server (The CastleBoat is definatly low end, but now I went from being able to host 6 people to only 2 due to increased load.

And only one if I have serverside saving on.

But I think it's awesome you are dedicated to updating MS, and I thank you and all the people necessary for MS:C to make it out this year. I hope it continues to improve. 8)

A huge thanks to everyone is in order regardless.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Heres a few more things ive encountered:

the big wooden stick, mace, thing... uses two hands in the model, but you can duel weild it, so it looks like you have 3 hands :D hehe

transition to plains of daragoth crashes server

Dudeman418

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I cant host or join servers :( , when i do the game crashes...does anyone have this problem too and is there a way to fix this?

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I can't see all servers, Hell dinner and CastleBoat are missing...

mike

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Iv been runing a dedicated server and playing on the same box for the last fuw hours and now i think my save file has become corupted.
Every time i try to join my server i crash it with this error.
---------------------------
Memory Error
Out of Memory. Couldn't Allocate New Block
OK
Seams a little strange to me cos if i delete the save file it works fine an i still have at least a gig of virtual ram not being used.
Dont know if itl be any use but i thought id post the save file for you to have a looksy at.

I allso noticed a prob with the challs map.
When ever i look in the 2 chests there i allways get a Great Maul
& an Elven Shortsword.
+ if i just run around there for a bit a lot of the zombys wallk off the edges in to the water pools or the cazum thing.

Great to see the mod under development again.

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, this is great. Although there seems to be many misc bugs, with the amount of players playing the game right now it is far easier for the dev team to locate and fix bugs than we ever could on our own. We just ask for your patience, as this is an integral part of the development process.

- Ewok

jack hawkins

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
So about this thing where i create a player on a lan game and when i exit and try to play again he is there but his stats have been reset, how do i get around that?

AmIAnnoyingNow

New Adventurer
Reaction score
(Please note these are all on lan)

Also if you stand on a zombie when it decides to stand back up, you get stuck in it.

Im also wondering how to make a party, and why when i select "no PK" i can still damage other people.

Ive managed to accidently duplicate a bag once, but couldnt reproduce it, and it dissappeared when i used it anyways.

mscave crashes clients (both me and my brother crashed here)

sensitivity is defaulted to 23?

I'm not sure about this, but gaining levels in magic doesnt seem to increase base stats, including hp and mana, but i only moved up to magic level 3, so im not sure.

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Heres my 2 problems

2 problems, one went I when I tried to go to Edana to Thornlands and try to select nothing happens, where my char would be its just blank, and then when I tried to open up Steam the next day it wont load properly and has to shutdown every time, and it didnt do this till I did install MSC, so anyone like to help.

Innos

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Crow said:
i got a few things to report:

firt off, when i create a lan game, the first on i create after i load up the game has my character, but its reset to as if it was newly created. only thing that is the same is my name. when i exit out and create a new game, my old character is back agian.

secondly, it crashes when i transition to sewers. might just be me though.

thirdly, this is minor, but sometimes, when using magic, when i run out of mana it auto switches to punching, but sometimes it wont, and when i attack itll just go through the casting motion, but no fire ball will be cast, even if i get more mana back. i can switch to hands by pressing "x" (the drop item command) so, no biggy, but just though id report anything and everything =]

dragoth doesn't work for me the sewers don't and many other maps. And many of my characters keep deleting for good and I don't know why and when I put the copys I made in there place it doesn't work I'm now geting angrey because I keep geting my character to level 4 or 5 with my mage and it wont let me use him anymore

Lol and if you look at the action bar that tells you how much damage you do it will say you don't have enough mp (mana points) and after a while Crow your spell fizzles or goes away thats supposed to happen I'm gessing

Dudeman418

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I can play now :) ...i reinstalled MS:C and forgot to change my name in the name character option so it is still Adventurer and somehow i can play :) .When i create a character and change my name THERE( in the character creation thingy), the name in the name character option has the same name as it....I dont know if this could be a bug or something....

Pyros_15000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Some of these problems are pretty minor or whiney, sorry about that :)

Problems:
Game crashed when I broke the door in the crazy guys house in Thornlands

If I drop anything in the water in the pool in Edana (where the pictures of the 4 horsemen are) I can't pick it up again, and after a few minutes it dissapears. Dropping things in the fountain in Edana is fine. Pool of water in Merchant Square in Edana is fine.

The mead and ale bottles (haven't checked potions) look like apples when you drop them

Crashes when you destroy the leftmost piece of the rock covering the entrance to the secret cave in thornlands (leading to the chest that DOESN'T have the Old Book in it). Destroying any of the other pieces works fine.

Sometimes changing areas loads a completely different character instead of just transitioning the current one

Changing level or loading your char when it is dual wielding makes one weapon invisible until you trans it to your pack then get it out again or middle click. Both weapons/items appear in one hand in the 3rd person HUD display thingy

Buying a belt sheath / heavy backpack / dagger sheath for me says "The [item] is too heavy for you to carry" and I don't get the item, but still lose the gold to pay for it. Am currently wearing small Sack, big sack and am (according to the meter) less than half max weight

Asking the mayors guard for a job, he says he has an errand boy, then says "if you see 0 tell him to hurry it up."

Localized speech too big not directed enough? Look at mayors guard, say "job" and the armourer offers you a job while the guard rejects you. Say hello to Urudaf works, say book to him and the Patron goes on about finding Urudaf passed out somewhere. Say book to Urudaf again (because you have it and want to give it to him) again, Patron talks

When dual wielding, the weapon you have set as right-click doesn't get trained when you kill things with it. Switching it to left click fixes this.
[Tested with: Dull Shortsword with Torch].
[Tested with: Dull sword and apple. Rightclicking apple does eating animation, without actually eating it. Middleclick to switch apple to left hand and your health gos up as if you'd just eaten the apple, but you still have that apple.]
[Tested with: Health potion and Dull Shortsword. Same as apple.]
[Note: The above two cases, the item in question doesn't remain permanently, middle clicking to switch it to left click makes it dissapear after enough uses on right click, you just don't get the health until you do switch it to leftclick]

When selling things, bottom left it says "WOrth".... as opposed to "Worth"

gasved

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Crow said:
Hey. checking stuff out... looks awsome :D

I cant figure out how to start a lan game without vac protection. My brother is banned but we wanna play in the same game...

open your server.CFG and put in
  • sv_lan 1
    -insecure

mierdon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Goshen said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but anyway, whenever I try to use client-side characters whenever you change the level it goes by default back to server stored. Is there a command in the server/listenserver.cfg to make this happen even through a map change?

I'm also having troubles trying to set up a server that saves characters in clients computer.

I've tried changing server and listenserver

//ms_ip 192.168.0.52

ms_pklevel 0
ms_serverchar 1

(instead of 3) but i still see "characters are stored on the server". it worked once.

edit: oops 0 is for client side