New models?

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I'm looking to construct some models. Not really in the mood to do a character right now but I need direction. A weapon? Something that can be used in levels. You give me some options and I'll get to them.

Pike

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Hi again crazyghost.

BoX is doing the coding now and we've been chatting a bit. He gave me a list of weapons that are still needed. I'm working on a hammer, then a spear, but he's also given me a few other categories that are still in need (but all need multiple weapons of course):

ONE HAND PIERCING // Small piercing weapons like daggers
ONE HAND SLASHING // One handed slashing weapons like swords/axes
ONE HAND BASHING // One handed bashing weapons like hammers/maces
TWO HAND PIERCING // Large piercing weapons like spears
TWO HAND SLASHING // Two handed slashing weapons like greatswords/greataxes
TWO HAND BASHING // Two handed bashing weapons like warhammers/morning stars
ARCHERY // Bows

So probably long swords, warhammer, a bow, or anything like that. I'm try to make the first crumby versions just to get the base weapons done, before maybe doing some fancier ones, but feel free to pick what makes you most motivated. If you want to shout back with what you choose I will try avoid doubling up until we get at least one for each category done.

Good luck! :D
Pike

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
If you don't opt Pike's suggestion. You could always try doing something like this:
-misc/consumable items (keys, books, letters, potions, arrows, quivers, pelts, bags, weaponsheaths, the good ol' apple, etc);
-armor items (shields, headgear, body, legs, hands, feet);
-mage items (2 handed staff/battlestaff, 1 handed wand, 1 handed book/orb/glove, robes, cloaks, belt, rings, bracelet, pointy hat [wizard hat] and tiara[for people who don't like wizard hats], 2 handed floating books/scrolls, spells, spellcharge, spelldelay, spelldeplete).

I'm not sure if you wanted animation-work included, magic probably requires alot of that compared to other options.

Just some suggestions, not sure what else could be suggested at this point that isn't npc related. :wink:

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
thank you for these suggestions. gets me going because i can pump out good ones of most these things in a few minutes. What i really need is to make a sack.

Just a small sack. :mrgreen: :evil:

for secret stashes. :)

oh i can't wait for you to find the secrets :D

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Looking good, keep it up!

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Very cool ghost! If we can get 2 of every weapon and armor type, we'll be good for an eventual beta!

So in addition to the weapon types Pike mentioned, we'll need 2 sets of armor, 2 helmets, 2 sets of boots, and 2 sets of gloves.

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Boots of blinding speed. Make you run fast as hell but turn screen black. (morrowind)

Pike

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Nice shape on the spears. How many tris are they?

About the armour, will they have to be modeled to fit all the characters? or is this just a pick up item?

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
350 without optimization

Pike

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
350? That's quite good. They just look super smooth, that's why I asked, could be just how the lighting in the renders turned out. Do you mind if I ask what 3D package you are using?

Maybe a bit technical for the gerneral area, but are you planning to unwrap them? Do you have a wireframe view, by chance? :D

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
By 3D packaging do you mean like Maya 2.0? And i'll show u a wireframe another time. Im busy packing for school

Pike

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Yeah Maya, that's what I meant. Thanks, and good luck packing.

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
(off topic)

Yeah. Pack and Unpack successful. But dangit when I got the computer running, the internet port wouuuuld not light up when a cable was in and i was freaking out that it busted or something so I uninstalled driver and restarted and it worked. Phew. 8)

she's purdy
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... bd4004e788

Pike

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Phew, yeah a dead NIC would certainly be sucky! No internet and no beer make Homer.. something someinthg..

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
and my heatsink fell off and i was wondering why my cpu was stuttering and then found out it was running at 90-100C boiling my cpu is nice. sal good now.

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I also was able to convince my school to let me develop assets for master-sword source as an Independent Study. I'm getting credits for this mod.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you're in the UK, you can get grant money for that. ;)

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Can you esplain thoth? What is it under and considered? Im USA

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Britbong friend of mine managed to get a few thousand pounds from the queen for his game development effort near a decade ago - and he has a bit of a real game studio going now as a result. Granted, Europeans tend to have access to all sortsa of programs like that, though I dunno the details of how he went about it.

...though maybe we have something like that here in the US afterall. Granted, it's probably harder to get at, but hey, that's why we have lower taxes. ;)

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
was working on an axe pike. im dying of exaustion so i sleep now though.
its meh but sleep is important.
maya 2015 has a funny UV system that was giving me a headache in the face sooo i didnt do that

http://i.imgur.com/ZPjg0rd.png

Pike

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The handle is startng to shape up. I find using a photo reference really helps me to see the details that otherwise I'd probably not even think about. Maybe you are using photos though, was just what I've found to help.

And yes, I hear ya. Even in the best case scenario I find UV unwrapping and be quite difficult and frustrating.