Problem when change of map

thenewb

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hello, when i try to change of map or travelling it's stoping my game for say "Out of Memory. Couldn't allocate new block"
If you can help me please.
or "unhandled exception blabla ..."

Thanks for the help.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Everyone has that problem, it's not just you.

Live with it since i doubt it's going to get fixed anytime soon. Or restart map each time a votemap passes, the time it takes to change the map could be used to restart the game and rejoin the server.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I don't. (not since SEP2013a at least)

Shouldn't be happening as often on the RKS servers, assuming they are dropping you proper... Granted, I reduced the reconnect delay. Not hit the error myself yet, but I may have reduced it too far.

What you can try, if your rig is reconnecting too fast, is open msc\recon.cfg with notepad.

Find the line:
Code:
alias lwait "waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1"
And change to:
Code:
alias lwait "waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1"
(just double the waiter1;'s)

That'll slow your reconnect some, and make it less likely for you to get smacked with partially initialized map data, leading to dealloc crash.

We used to have a cvar for this, but the command restrictions in the Valve Steam Pipe updates made it too difficult to use.