Servers?

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Hi, I've been unable to play because all of the servers have vanished from this side of the galaxy. The list on the front page containing all the server ips stopped working a few weeks back for me. Is there an updated list anywhere? Are all the servers down?

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Actually, all the servers are showing up in the servers list now! Awh fackyeah, Dallas servers!

Actually, half-life updated though it is set to not update, and I can't get the game to even start.

Downgraded and have managed to start the game, but now I am unable to join any server because client/dll mismatch from server. Jesus fucking Christ.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah... I did request that RKS switch most of the servers to the older HLDS version, which will allow you to play with a rolled back client (given that most of us are now forced to). Might be a bit before he gets to that.

Afterwards, however, they will no longer show up in your Steam browser, unless you have them in your favorites.

Valve's giving us a thorough plunger job here. >_>

Meanwhile, Anitalink may work for you - though it's client side characters, so you won't have access to FN. Anitalink has some mysterious hacked non-Steam variant of the HLDS, which allows both new and old clients, and shows up in the server browser. I've yet to interpret the bizarre black magic they use to achieve this though.

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Have you tried asking the host of Anitalink how they did it? I may be stuck killing rats in edana, but someone else is on Anitalink too so I won't be alone.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yes, although he's being a bit vague, and I've not had much luck setting up the server he suggests, so I must await responses in other forums regarding research.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
RKS informs me that the NYC servers ( 64.120.44.78 ) are now on the roll-back friendly build. He's looking into rigging up some of both types for each server group.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
All servers have been rolled back. Please note NY1 continues to be the test server. There may be downtime on them.

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Geez it took a whole THREE hours for the rollback since my post! YOU GUYS THINK I GOT ALL DAY? Thanks a bunch rks for taking the time to rollback, I really appreciate it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm going to assume you forgot your sarcasm tags. Unlike the bastards at Valve, we don't get paid for this sh*t. :p

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
I was reading my post after I posted it and was thinking "dang...I hope they don't get the wrong idea and think I was trying to be an arsehole." Yes, it is 100% sarcasm, except for the last sentence, that was 100% sincere.

I was expecting to wait days or possibly weeks for the rollback, so when I saw it happened in just mere hours I suppose I let the excitement get to my head.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh thanks.

I try to get to things as fast as I can, but I got a lot of other things to do because of the server moves.

If there ever is anything you need with the servers, or problems, or whatever; feel free give me a message and I'll try to take care of it as soon as I can.

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Actually, there is a pretty big issue. When I first joined the server, my character was at half hp and I healed up to full. I then spent a few minutes checking inventory, then went to lodagond-1. I noticed upon joining that my hp was at half again, I figured maybe I just switched maps too fast and the server didn't save. I just beat lodagond-1, and upon switching to lodagond-2, my health is back exactly as it was when I first joined the server, and it is saying I need to start at lodagond-1, as if I didn't just beat it. So apparently the server isn't saving or updating what happens. Good thing I decided to do lodagond instead of the_wall!

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That would be Thotie's department. I only host the servers. I have very few knowledge of how FN works.

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
We just don't pay Thothie enough for this sh*t!

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree. There should be a Thothie Appreciation Day.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
RKS.PY004 said:
That would be Thotie's department. I only host the servers. I have very few knowledge of how FN works.
Sounds like it might be a file permissions issue on your end, actually. :O (It can't save.)

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Refreshed the permissions for the FN filesystem.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
/me goes to NYC server...

Buys apple...

Goes to Thornlands...

Still has apple.

Seems to be working. :)

Hopefully that's the last of the non-Valve related glitches.

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Geez, it took a whole TWELVE hours to fix since my post! YOU GUYS THINK I GOT ALL NIGHT? /s
Back to lodagond-1 I go!

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
i'm unable to see any servers except for hell's dinner, and i downgraded my half-life

did i just downgrade it wrong or something

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Add the IP addresses of the servers listed on the front page to your favorites list.