Setting up hammer.

kai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Okay, I got this problem:

I'd like the point entity's to display a model in hammer in the 3D camera like in the following pictures.

whatiwant1.jpg

A boar model is displaying for the msmonster_boar

whatiwant2.jpg

msplayer_spawn displays the player

whatiwant3.gif

even Thothie's tutorial on setting up hammer displays msmonster_troll with a troll model in the view..

But for some reason when I load up hammer, I simply get these with my monsters point entity class.

whatigot.jpg

simple red boxes.

Anyone know how to make hammer actually display the point entity class "default red boxes" as the model for that monster?

kai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Much appreciated. But I am using 3.5 Beta, that's the weird thing.

I'm gonna try your download link at see if it works any different.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ye also have to point the "Mod Directory" and "Game Directory" options in the Game Configuration Panel of Tools->Options so that they point to a folder with MSC in it, and the MSC subfolder in it, respectively, so it will know where to find the models and/or sprites.

kai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ah, wow! I can't believe I didn't try that. ><;

I was stoopid to neglect to do that. Haha.

Thanks a lot for the help. ;)

J

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hi, kai.

If you're making a map, may I suggest you take the Elwood fragment you've made earlier from the WIP thread and incorporate it in your new map if possible. Would be nice to put it in good use...

kai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That's actually what I did, believe it or not. xD

I took my old Elwood and had to CP it into my new map.

I've tried doing a test compile though to .. well. Test the map. Sadly I keep getting a weird error about monsters being outside the world or something. Not quite sure.

I figured after I get done applying textures to the map, I'd see if I could get the help of Thothie or another more experienced mapper.

59652555.jpg

Once I'm done putting up textures and so, I'll go further into detail about the compiling error I get.