Some heads up

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I know I have gone and vanished again and I don't know how smooth things have been of late but there will be a posssible bit of short down time here shortly. People may not even notice it, I am going to be moving the server from one location to another location within the house.

Furthermore there may be even greater movement at some point, my job is currently at threat and I may have more free time than I want. However this is all up in the air, I will do what I can to maintain the server and its functionality. I know the server has seen many ups and downs I hope that this second time through with me hosting has been a good one as it may be coming to a close.

this is all up in the air for now, when I have more concrete things to tell I will let people know whats happening.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
just so everyone knows since the last post I have infact lost my job... or I should say I left my job. Things where not working out between us at all, I was never fast enough for him and I was just really not who he wanted after 2 1/2 years of working with him.

on top of all this our bathroom flooded and now all the carpets in the place have been runied as such things have been in a bit of an upheval. I do not know if all this has caused any service interuptions as I have been just so busy with a multitude of other things.

I do apoligise for any service interuptions, on a more positive note I can still host FN things are about to level out again here in the coming week. So everything should go back to a smooth sailing FN again.

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
honestly from what i've seen the service has been excellent, and with all those problems you should be receiving a standing ovation for how you've managed to keep it up with all that on your plate.

so... *begins clapping slowly*

if by things are about to level out again you mean you're getting another job, I hope it works out well! either way, thank you for your dedication blasto :)

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
*Stands up and starts clapping too* woot!
Seriously, so far as I know, the FN service has always been 10/10 since you're managing it. I hope things will get better for you soon.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Blasto you're awesome, and keeping your cool this whole time is an additional 20 points! Thanks for doing all that you do.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
just so everyone knows the last FN intruption was due to a server moving, the server has a new home behind my desk. We had some people move in and I had left the server in the room with them.

They had accedently caused some of the downtime and figured I should get it moved out of there so that it wouldn't happen again.

Glad to hear things have been good with FN, since I got the newer hardware for the server it has acted great! Then again when I was first hosting FN the computer had a power supply issue. Not to mention the modem had issues... Now with a better faster computer and with a business class internet I have managed to keep down time to a minimum.